PDA

View Full Version : Harry & David Treat Tower $15, orig $60 w/ FS

sewarsh
12-28-2010, 07:58 AM
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2521415

Plus 8% Ebates.

melissaflorida
12-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks! In for 1 late gift for my pediatrician's office.

-melissa

Melbel
12-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks! In for 1. Use the code TRL PAY for an extra 10% off and FS. Mine came to $13.58 shipped (before cash back).

mrshalco
12-28-2010, 09:25 AM
It says it's unavailable now :(

sewarsh
01-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Did anyone get theirs yet?

Mine never came, I called FedEx they said the label was printed but the package was never received by them.

I checked the last post on the SD link and it says this:

Thank you for contacting us.

We are very sorry to learn of your disappointment. We strive to provide ample supply of each product we advertise so that we have enough inventory on hand to meet customer demand. However, at times our projections fall short when a particular product proves more popular than we anticipated.

Unfortunately, we sent the Order Shipped email to you inadvertently. The Order Shipped emails are automatically sent out when the label for your order is printed. However, when we attempted to fulfil your order and place the label on your packaged item we found we were unable to do so, as the items are no longer available.

We will be happy to arrange for a different gift to be sent, if you would like to select an alternate item from our website in the $15.00 - $25.00 price range, we would be more than willing to send it instead. Please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-345-5655 and refer to order number

-------

I'm on the phone with H&D now and will post ETA soon.

ETA:
Frustrating. Stuff they show as in stock really wont get shipped until Feb 1st. They suggested a replacement cookie thing that regularly priced at $20. Um, I don't think so considering what I bought was originally valued at $60!!!.

Anyways, got them to give me this but it won't be received until Jan 18th:
http://www.harryanddavid.com/gifts/store/item____shop-gifts-by-type_gift-towers_4103?sliSearch=4103v

kaharris83
01-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Oh man that's really confusing. I ordered two to be delivered while we are on vacation in Walt Disney World in the beginning of February...wonder if they will be shipped...

melissaflorida
01-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks for posting this as I never actually tracked it once I got the shipment email. I sent it to my Ped's office.

I just called and the lady said she was resending it overnight for Saturday delivery. She sent me the new tracking number.

I would never had known to check if you hadn't posted so thank so much. This is going to cost them a lot as overnight shipping is very expensive.

~Melissa

lucybabymamma
01-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Person I sent it to got it a few days ago...Oh! But it was my grandma and it arrived FROZEN and she broke a tooth on it -- wonderful gift -- ha!

Melbel
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Aack. I thought my order was delivered 2 days ago, but the Fed Ex tracking states it is waiting to be picked up. I called HD customer service and they are convinced that my order is still on its way, even though my email states that it shipped on 12/29. HD states that it is on a refrigerated truck on its way to Fed Ex and that tracking info is not available until it gets from the truck to Fed Ex. Hmmmm. I was not so confident considering the product availability issue. Since it was for a birthday gift, they kindly agreed to replace the shipment with an item of comparable price ($60 not the $13 I paid). My mom may actually be getting two shipments (post birthday but it would still be nice). I commend HD for their commitment to customer service and would not hesitate to order from them again. I will update once I figure out if the first shipment ever arrives.

Melbel
01-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Person I sent it to got it a few days ago...Oh! But it was my grandma and it arrived FROZEN and she broke a tooth on it -- wonderful gift -- ha!

Oh no! Frozen fruit???

sewarsh
01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks for posting this as I never actually tracked it once I got the shipment email. I sent it to my Ped's office.

I just called and the lady said she was resending it overnight for Saturday delivery. She sent me the new tracking number.

I would never had known to check if you hadn't posted so thank so much. This is going to cost them a lot as overnight shipping is very expensive.

~Melissa

What are they resending? I assume its something different since the one we originally ordered is out of stock? How did you get them to do overnight shipping? I'm still mad. Jan 18th is 2 more weeks away. Why so fricken long? This was a NY gift for our 93 year old lonely great aunt. I thought this would brighten her day. Seems wierd it will be 3 weeks after New Years....

melissaflorida
01-06-2011, 10:37 PM
She said they were resending and never indicated a different one. She offered the overnight with Sat delivery. Believe I was shocked but I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

Melbel
01-06-2011, 10:51 PM
I cannot remember now if they said it was unavailable, or if I just assumed it was unavailable based upon reading it here (all 3 kids were running around wild while I was attempting to make the call). In any event, I did not see it listed in the sale pages online. Initially, they offered to replace it with something at the same price. After speaking to a supervisor, she was able to get approval to ship something at the original price of what I ordered ($60). We had to try several items to find something that was ready to ship. Since they thought that my original order would still deliver and I ended up with a higher priced item, I did not push for overnight shipping. 1/10/2011 is our new ETA.

This is what we ended up with: http://www.harryanddavid.com/gifts/store/item______6V

It may be worthwhile to try another call to CS to find something that can deliver sooner.

melissaflorida
01-06-2011, 11:06 PM
So I called back to find out what was resent. It's completely different but just as nice. It's not on sale and is Valued at $59.99 so I can't complain for the $15 I paid.

http://www.harryanddavid.com/gifts/store/item____shop-gifts-by-type_gift-towers_24600#:s=priceDesc:p=999