PDA

View Full Version : ERGO is on babysteals today--RUN!

DebbieJ
12-28-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.babysteals.com/

mamaAnn
12-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow-at $78 shipped that is a steal for the blue and black! I pd $90+ shipped for mine from Babysteals last spring.

The pink one is only $60!

babyonway
12-28-2010, 12:07 PM
That is a great deal. I don't need another carrier but it sure is tempting!;)

lil_acorn
12-28-2010, 12:11 PM
so tempted, but i hated my bjorn and am on my 3rd (and last child)...do I really need one?

momtoonegirl
12-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks for posting. Got a black one for $79.XX shipped :)

kerriowl
12-28-2010, 12:19 PM
so tempted, but i hated my bjorn and am on my 3rd (and last child)...do I really need one?

These are so much better than the bjorn!!! I hated that thing as well, but LOVE my Ergo. The wait of the baby sits mostly on your hips not your shoulders or back and you can wear the baby on your front or back. They also hold their value pretty well for selling after you are done.

DebbieJ
12-28-2010, 12:20 PM

Yes, I still wear my 25 lb 15 mo on my back several times a week. Love it!

In fact, he was sick yesterday and I wore him on my front for about 3 hours straight without any problems.

brittone2
12-28-2010, 12:20 PM

VIsit the carriers forum sometime. A bjorn is way uncomfy for many parents after the baby is more than a few months old.

We have an ergo and love it. I also love my mei tei. I would totally buy an ergo for a 3rd child. Resale is pretty good too IME if you have an active craiglist or similar.

An ergo and a bjorn are very, very different in fit/comfort.

eta: my third baby spends a ton of time in the ergo because I'm always busy with the older kids. I couldn't survive without it! He's on my back for a large part of the day.

ecofem
12-28-2010, 12:24 PM
totally torn between the blue and black...

lil_acorn
12-28-2010, 12:27 PM
okay you convinced me....I got one...in blue (also debated between blue and black). Can't wait to try it out.

twowhat?
12-28-2010, 12:30 PM
I wish we needed one but we have 2 Becos already. SUCH a good price!!!

babybell
12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Gah.... DD is 13 months old, not sure if we're going to have another... but the price is so good. Do I do it?!?!

twowhat?
12-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Gah.... DD is 13 months old, not sure if we're going to have another... but the price is so good. Do I do it?!?!

We still carry our 2-year-olds to places like the Fair, pumpkin patch, etc...wherever we don't want to have to take a stroller. I say do it:)

Momof3Labs
12-28-2010, 12:38 PM
We loved having two Ergos on our Disney trip!! Whenever the girls were tired of riding in the stroller, we popped them right in. Even my mom and DH loved using the Ergo. Also handy for getting on and off the busses there - freed up our hands to do other things. Resale is very good, too.

ETA: The girls are about 24lbs each.

todzwife
12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
In the archives, they have the matching front pouches too. VERY handy for phone/wallet/camera :)

Smillow
12-28-2010, 12:47 PM
My 30# almost 2 year old rides in ours & loves it - the back carry is great!

ang79
12-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Ack, I already have a Boba (which I love!) and a Scootababy, and an Action Baby Carrier (which I need to sell since I now use my Boba all the time). Why I am tempted to get an Ergo too?

poohbear
12-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Blue is sold out already! I have the regular black ergo and I love it. My friend bought the embroidered one on baby steals and it is SOOO soft (because it's organic). The ERGO is sooo much better than the bjorn. At least for babes over 3 months...

Plus they have great resale :)

larig
12-28-2010, 01:10 PM
I couldn't have made it through the airports without it at xmas and DS is 35 lbs and 2.5. I STILL love mine.

KrystalS
12-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Really want one but only pink left!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-28-2010, 02:08 PM
ack, just saw this. pink is only one left. i already have a sleepywrap (blue) and pikkolo. i'm not using a carrier anymore since i'm pg and can't physically handle any more weight/ but am wondering if ergo might be good for carrying my dd who will be born in april. i didn't use a carrier in first 3-4 mos with DS bc it wasn't necessary really. but i am pretty sure i will have to use a carrier with my DD given i will have a 1yo to chase around as well. but i already have a pikkolo which i really liked...argh!

would an ergo would be good for smaller baby (newborn-3mos)? i never really got the hang of my wrap, but i loved my pikkolo when my ds was 5mos+

DebbieJ
12-28-2010, 02:13 PM
In the archives, they have the matching front pouches too. VERY handy for phone/wallet/camera :)

How do I get to the archives?

ETA: found it http://www.babysteals.com/archive_products.php?id=354 but all they have is the pink one.

All the archives: http://www.babysteals.com/dailydeals/archive.php

sunnyside
12-28-2010, 02:57 PM
ack, just saw this. pink is only one left. i already have a sleepywrap (blue) and pikkolo. i'm not using a carrier anymore since i'm pg and can't physically handle any more weight/ but am wondering if ergo might be good for carrying my dd who will be born in april. i didn't use a carrier in first 3-4 mos with DS bc it wasn't necessary really. but i am pretty sure i will have to use a carrier with my DD given i will have a 1yo to chase around as well. but i already have a pikkolo which i really liked...argh!

would an ergo would be good for smaller baby (newborn-3mos)? i never really got the hang of my wrap, but i loved my pikkolo when my ds was 5mos+

They sell an infant insert for the Ergo, but I found that the Ergo didn't work for my baby until she was about 3 months old. Now it's awesome though. I much prefer it to the Moby or Sling. Prior to the Ergo working, the Moby was my favorite, though I used the Sling a LOT too.

Beth24
12-28-2010, 03:00 PM

You can use it with an infant insert (they make 2 different ones) but I preferred using a moby wrap with my NB and then using the Ergo when he turned 4 months or so.

♥ms.pacman♥
12-28-2010, 03:42 PM
thx mishkamishka and beth24 for the info. so i went ahead and got one..it seemed like a pretty good deal to pass up. $70 shipped, that's almost 50% off.

anyway DH thot i was nuts considering we already have a wrap and a pikkolo, but then i think i convinced him by saying we will eventually need 2 carriers when we want to go somewhere with both kids and not use a stroller (each of us can carry one kid). we do a lot of air travel so i'm sure having 2 carriers will come in handy then. the wrap doesn't seem that practical for use beyond newborn stage (esp since my DS grew FAST).

sunnyside
12-28-2010, 04:25 PM
You're welcome. You'll be glad you have it!!!!! (I have the black organic ergo and also a performance one). And we only have the one baby LOL.

Dream
12-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Only the pink is available. Is the Ergo suitable for a 3 month old? Possible Disney trip coming up.

Nevermind, I'm going to skip it.