PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to clean/disinfect baby toys?

Tammy
12-28-2010, 12:24 PM
I saved some of DD's toys and want to clean them for upcoming baby but not sure how since some of these will obviously go in baby's mouth. Some of these can be wiped off easily and some have a fabric covering so they cannot get wet or be washed. Recommendations?

Smillow
12-28-2010, 12:46 PM
I use white vinegar... maybe use a cloth dampened with vinegar? I was things that say don't wash all the time. So far, so good!

HonoluluMom
12-28-2010, 12:51 PM
I've also washed a lot of things that are labeled do not wash.

Otherwise, I'll wipe the toy with a damp cloth (with water/vinegar) and place in the sun for a day or two.

JBaxter
12-28-2010, 12:52 PM
unless it has electronics in them I wash stuff ALL the time. Put it in a pillow case or mesh bag and run it on delicate.

lchang25000
12-28-2010, 02:22 PM
unless it has electronics in them I wash stuff ALL the time. Put it in a pillow case or mesh bag and run it on delicate.

:yeahthat:

citymama
12-28-2010, 03:01 PM

Ditto. I machine washed everything from DD1 to be used by DD2 who indeed puts everything in her mouth. I ran plastic stuff thru the dishwasher. Things that couldn't go be machine washed I wiped down with a purell and a washcloth or soapy water and washcloth.

crl
12-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Sunlight kills a lot of germs so I often just put things outside. The freezer does not kill most germs, but it does kill most dust mites so you could also freeze things to get rid of dust mites.

Catherine