PDA

View Full Version : What's with all these BOB sales and do I even need one?

Nechums
12-28-2010, 03:35 PM
All these BOB sales are making me rethink my stroller collection (or lack there of). It consists of a Zippy and an Al. Zippy is sitting forlorn in my garage and Al gets all the attention. I've got number 2 coming along in April, so I'll need a double (kids will be 2.5 yrs apart), but the Duallie isn't practical (or is it?). I'll need something slightly more compact like the Indie Twin or perhaps the not-yet-seen MB Duet. This all being said, should I get a single BOB? Would I have any use for it? I don't do much walking in my poorly laid out town. And the walking that I do is on well-paved sidewalks.

I just feel like I should be taking advantage of these BOB sales. Stroller experts -- please weigh in!

arivecchi
12-28-2010, 05:47 PM
These Bob sales are amazing. If you need one, get one. Not sure why there are so many sales though.

Nechums
12-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I pulled the trigger and got the single for $292.XX on Amazon. Not sure why. I purchased two single strollers this year while knowingly pregnant with #2. I'd like to blame the boards, here, for making my stroller collection feel empty without an AT.

scriptkitten
12-28-2010, 05:54 PM
We travel with our Bob and use it daily in the city. We find it very practical and the convenience and ease of push makes it worth the size. The fold is super easy too and I can fold it with a full basket.

Fwiw we have a Mazda cx9 as our vehicle.

♥ms.pacman♥
12-28-2010, 06:00 PM
hehe, i was wondering same thing. all the bob sales are so tempting. but i dont think i could swing a single anymore, as my kids will be 15mo apart. though it seems too soon to buy a double, esp since i wouldn't be able to use it for jogging for another year, at least. i do want a Duallie eventually though. i hope they have similar sales in about six mos - a year or so!

legaleagle
12-28-2010, 06:03 PM
I thought it was because the new models are coming out next month? What's actually changed seems to be completely under wraps though.

babychi
12-28-2010, 06:06 PM
I thought it was because the new models are coming out next month? What's actually changed seems to be completely under wraps though.

Yep, this. It makes it so confusing because I've been waiting to buy the 2011 model, but have no idea if the new enhancements are worth the price difference between the new one and the old one that's currently on sale. :irked:

poohbear
12-28-2010, 06:38 PM
These Bob sales are amazing. If you need one, get one. Not sure why there are so many sales though.

I :love5: my BOB. I never understood all the people who raved about their BOBs till I got one.
I have the chocolate/brown one and it looks really nice - a little prettier IMO. At any rate, it pushes like a dream. And you could easily attach a board to it.
They sell for more than $292 on our CL USED!!!
Get one :)

FWIW - I also have an Albert Thurston (and a triumph and a BJCM).
I don't know that I would want to put it in and out of the car, but it is doable. It's not a bad fold and the wheels come off easily. I could easily have just a Mac and a BOB (don't tell DH that). Buy the BOB and sell the Zippy.

ETA - you bought it. FWIW - I can't imagine what the improvements are, but I love mine. The only things that could be better would maybe be a bumper bar and a bit more padding?

strollerqueen
12-28-2010, 09:47 PM
They also have a more updated look, since the current model has been out for several years.

purpelina
12-28-2010, 10:16 PM
They also have a more updated look, since the current model has been out for several years.

Can't wait to see that! I had quite a prejudice against bob's looks...

purpelina
12-28-2010, 10:22 PM
They sell for more than $292 on our CL USED!!!

:yeahthat:
I also see them listed at 359, because "we paid 389 just 3 months ago" (and 3 month ago there was a rei sale or something). Of course not everybody is as deal savvy as others, and I give everything a benefit of a doubt, but I have to shake my head sometime...

AnnieW625
12-29-2010, 01:03 AM
I just took my Bob Duallie to a major Southern California mall yesterday and I had no issues with it at all. The stroller is amazing. The only thing that sometimes bothers me is collapsing the thing, but 98% of the time we keep it upright in our garage.

poohbear
12-29-2010, 01:15 AM

Do they have a bumper bar? That's the one thing I miss. But I don't think I miss it enough to sell mine and get a new one ;)

poohbear
12-29-2010, 01:17 AM
:yeahthat:
I also see them listed at 359, because "we paid 389 just 3 months ago" (and 3 month ago there was a rei sale or something). Of course not everybody is as deal savvy as others, and I give everything a benefit of a doubt, but I have to shake my head sometime...

Love that. Like it's relevant.

mrsjde
12-29-2010, 10:31 AM
We keep our Bob outside all summer at the beach.... have done this for three summers and the stroller still steers perfectly. What a jem!

legaleagle
12-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Updates listed here: http://www.strollinginstyle.com/blog/2010/12/29/bob-revolution-se/

Apparently they're coming out with purple, just like everyone else.

pampers37
12-30-2010, 02:07 AM
where are these sales im missing out on? looking at the revos on amazon and see them for $329

sweetsoul99
12-30-2010, 02:41 AM
At least they're adding black to the color options for the duallie. I wish they'd come out with more.

babychi
12-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Updates listed here: http://www.strollinginstyle.com/blog/2010/12/29/bob-revolution-se/

Apparently they're coming out with purple, just like everyone else.

Oooh, I can't wait until Feb 1st! I wonder if the new fabric will be less canvas-y and more like Baby Jogger's fabric (and thus, less prone to fading)? And thumbs up to a more accessible basket and sunshade improvements, though the sunshade on the current model is great already. I want one NOW! :)

arivecchi
12-30-2010, 11:45 AM
I wonder how different it will look. I might be tempted by a less sporty-looking version!

jacksmoma
12-30-2010, 12:10 PM
ohhh can't wait to see it! i hope the new canopy is more "bubble" like a baby jogger's = more headroom in the back of the canopy (my three year olds head hits the plastic window when it's open...) might have to sell my current duallie and get the new one when it comes out!

tempi
12-30-2010, 12:29 PM
I contacted BOB about 6 months ago with questions regarding the 2011 changes and after contacting their engineering dept they said there were "no significant planned changes" to the stroller. I've looked at several models over the last 5 years and the only significant change is to the harness.

If money is tight and you know you're going to get a double and you know you want a BOB, then I say get it now. If you don't exercise much and your walking is on nicely paved roads then this may be overpriced for that purpose. i'm a BOB fan, but I think it's a waste of $ if you're not active with it.

legaleagle
12-30-2010, 01:29 PM
No, they're definitely making significant changes to the details (frame apparently is the same) they're just being super secretive about them - the link I posted earlier is gone! I have cached in my blog reader so to summarize:

- different fabric
- seat is wider
- more accessible basket.
- improved sunshade
- car seat/snack tray adaptor easy to attach/remove
- purple single
- all black duallie w/16" wheels

jacksmoma
12-30-2010, 03:45 PM
bob is really weird about this new 2011 revo. can't wait to see the all black duallie- wondering how the seats can get any wider- they are already really wide compared to most other doubles :) someone find a pic of the 2011!!!

legaleagle
12-30-2010, 05:14 PM
I think maybe the single's seat is getting wider, not the duallie? And yeah, it's really weird esp since they're supposed to be shipping in a month.

AnnieW625
12-30-2010, 05:29 PM
At least they're adding black to the color options for the duallie. I wish they'd come out with more.

OOH that's what I wanted, but I bet it because I read here recently that they are discontinuing the AW, which only came in navy, and the black. Oh well not buying a new duallie just for black, esp. since I can't see us using ours for more than another year. I'd also love a red revo. non Stroller Strides model too.