PDA

View Full Version : How do the Cool-Bake ovens work?

gatorsmom
12-28-2010, 04:42 PM
I am sure this has been discussed before but i did a search and can't find it.

Sisi got a Disney Coolbake Oven for Xmas. I am dying to know how this stuff works. It uses cool air from an ice tray to create little cakes. ???? Also, I would love to be able to make little mixes for her from what i have in the house so that I don't have to order new, prepackaged baking mixes.

Anyone know anything about this toy?

kristenk
12-28-2010, 04:56 PM
I hadn't heard of the cool bake oven so I looked it up on Amazon. I found one idea that seems like it would work for you. Someone said that she mixes 3 tablespoons of milk with 1 tablespoon of instant pudding mix to make pudding.

From other reviews, it seems as if the mixes use gelatin to help them set up and they're closer to pudding than actual cake. I also read that the mixes aren't great, so make sure to try the instant pudding if you get bad results from the mixes.

gatorsmom
12-28-2010, 05:39 PM
I hadn't heard of the cool bake oven so I looked it up on Amazon. I found one idea that seems like it would work for you. Someone said that she mixes 3 tablespoons of milk with 1 tablespoon of instant pudding mix to make pudding.

From other reviews, it seems as if the mixes use gelatin to help them set up and they're closer to pudding than actual cake. I also read that the mixes aren't great, so make sure to try the instant pudding if you get bad results from the mixes.

thanks for the info. The oven was $10 and I thought it was a good buy at the time. I was thinking I was getting an Easy Bake Oven. Honestly I wasn't able to pay too much attention because I had 2 of the kids with me so I had to hide it in the cart rather quicky, lol. I'll definitey try the instant pudding if the mixes aren't good. Sisi will like it either way. :love-retry: