PDA

View Full Version : Here's why I love MBs......

arivecchi
12-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Yesterday, I had to get my car repaired and I had both kids with me. I pop the Swift in the car and head to the repair shop. The Swift just fits in their very small office. :jammin: We then head outside while the car is getting fixed. I was able to stroll through the snow with the Swift and the Valco Hitch Hiker attached for DS1 so I am pushing over 60 pounds of kid in snow. We stroll into a Barnes and Noble, where a double was having issues maneuvering, without obstructing any aisles and then we head to a movie theater next door where I stroll right into the theatre room. :) We had the Swift parked next to our seats. What other stroller could tackle all that? ;)

Then today, the kids are restless, so we go out for a walk, I push the Duo right into an unplowed park. :cheerleader1: It came in handy in icy sidewalks where I was hanging on to it for dear life! :ROTFLMAO:

I would have to say that while the Swift can definitely tackle snow the bigger tires of the Duo and Terrain make it much easier to plow through heavier snow. The Swift does a good job but is more difficult to push in heavy snow - especially since I had the HH attached.

Beth24
12-28-2010, 06:40 PM
That is so awesome! You sound like you have the perfect MB fleet for your family and lifestyle. I cannot wait to try out my new Terrain in the snow...of course you were right, the Vista gets stuck in the real rutty chunky stuff.

mackmama
12-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Yay for MB!!

And welcome to the Terrain family, Beth! :)

strollerqueen
12-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Yesterday, I had to get my car repaired and I had both kids with me. I pop the Swift in the car and head to the repair shop. The Swift just fits in their very small office. :jammin: We then head outside while the car is getting fixed. I was able to stroll through the snow with the Swift and the Valco Hitch Hiker attached for DS1 so I am pushing over 60 pounds of kid in snow. We stroll into a Barnes and Noble, where a double was having issues maneuvering, without obstructing any aisles and then we head to a movie theater next door where I stroll right into the theatre room. :) We had the Swift parked next to our seats. What other stroller could tackle all that? ;)

Then today, the kids are restless, so we go out for a walk, I push the Duo right into an unplowed park. :cheerleader1: It came in handy in icy sidewalks where I was hanging on to it for dear life! :ROTFLMAO:

I would have to say that while the Swift can definitely tackle snow the bigger tires of the Duo and Terrain make it much easier to plow through heavier snow. The Swift does a good job but is more difficult to push in heavy snow - especially since I had the HH attached.

How much better are the 12" tires in the snow, vs. the 10"? And how much better are the 16" rear, over the 12"?

strollerqueen
12-28-2010, 09:31 PM
That is so awesome! You sound like you have the perfect MB fleet for your family and lifestyle. I cannot wait to try out my new Terrain in the snow...of course you were right, the Vista gets stuck in the real rutty chunky stuff.

When are you going to the snow? We were supposed to go at Christmas, but ran out of time. The Terrain push is really phenom! :applause:

arivecchi
12-28-2010, 10:36 PM
How much better are the 12" tires in the snow, vs. the 10"? And how much better are the 16" rear, over the 12"? The 12 inch tires are much easier to push in snow than the 10 inch tires. The 16 inch tires make the stroller almost equally easy to push with or without snow. The Terrain can probably tackle some serious snow.

Beth24
12-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Yay for MB!!

And welcome to the Terrain family, Beth! :)

Thank you! Honored to join the family.

When are you going to the snow? We were supposed to go at Christmas, but ran out of time. The Terrain push is really phenom! :applause:

I am up in Mammoth right now and there is a lot of snow! I brought my Vista with me--big oops bc the roads around the condo are rough and I keep getting stuck! Oh well, I'll know better for next time. I am so excited to take the Terrain out to play when I get home! Thanks to all my fellow MB lovers for encouraging me to get it.

mrsjde
12-29-2010, 10:32 AM
I am about to take our Duo out on the snow covered streets for the first time today! No longer is it a chore to stroll in the snow! :cheerleader1:

arivecchi
12-29-2010, 11:29 AM
I am about to take our Duo out on the snow covered streets for the first time today! No longer is it a chore to stroll in the snow! :cheerleader1:
I plowed through a lot of snow yesterday but you are in the NE right? Good luck with all that blizzard snow!

BabyBearsMom
12-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Is it bad that all of Arivecchi's posts are making me hold of TTC #2 until the Duet is out? I am planning my children around stroller availabilitiy :bag Is there some sort of rehab for this?

mackmama
12-29-2010, 12:09 PM
The 12 inch tires are much easier to push in snow than the 10 inch tires.

Glad to know this. I had been wishing I also bought a Swift at the Zulily sale, but it sounds like I should be okay without it. The Swift does sound great for tight spaces though. Hopefully the Bee+ will suffice on that front.

Beth24
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Is it bad that all of Arivecchi's posts are making me hold of TTC #2 until the Duet is out? I am planning my children around stroller availabilitiy :bag Is there some sort of rehab for this?

Apparently the only therapy is retail! :rotflmao:

Neelloc
12-29-2010, 02:22 PM
My MB does great in the snow! I use it to push DS down to the bus stop every morning....and I live in snow country! lol:jammin:

arivecchi
12-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Is it bad that all of Arivecchi's posts are making me hold of TTC #2 until the Duet is out? I am planning my children around stroller availabilitiy :bag Is there some sort of rehab for this? LOL. Is it bad that I think about all the additional strollers I would want if I went for #3?

BabyBearsMom
12-29-2010, 02:53 PM
LOL. Is it bad that I think about all the additional strollers I would want if I went for #3?

Does anyone remember those VW Rhoutan commercials where Brooke Sheilds would go up to people looking at the van and accuse them of having children just so they could get the van? I didn't get them at the time, but now I do.

babychi
12-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Sounds like MB is a great brand for Chicago winters! I drove past Lincoln Park today and saw a mom trying to plow a Mac Triumph through a snowy sidewalk with a heavy toddler...I felt like doing a stroller intervention and tell her she needs to push a Bob or MB in those parts! :)

roseyloxs
12-29-2010, 02:57 PM
LOL. Is it bad that I think about all the additional strollers I would want if I went for #3?

Other than the vista what would you want?

Is it bad that I bought a bee for #3 when I don't even plan to ttc for at least 6 more months?

arivecchi
12-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Sounds like MB is a great brand for Chicago winters! I drove past Lincoln Park today and saw a mom trying to plow a Mac Triumph through a snowy sidewalk with a heavy toddler...I felt like doing a stroller intervention and tell her she needs to push a Bob or MB in those parts! :) I sped past other walkers with non-AT strollers yesterday. LOL.

Is it bad that I bought a bee for #3 when I don't even plan to ttc for at least 6 more months?
I would love the Vista in maya and a Micralite Toro in green. :) The MB Plus One or Duet would be in the running too. :tongue5:

I think you are asking your second question to the wrong person here. ;) I can always justify a new stroller!

purpelina
12-29-2010, 03:41 PM

I'm not ttc for 2 or 3 YEARS, (at least we have decided it's going to happen after all...) and I wanted to buy the bee at the last sale. Am I nuts?:bouncy:

sweetsoul99
12-29-2010, 05:05 PM

Nope, I've thought about doing the very same thing!

"Well, I'm going to get it in a year anyway, so it would be nice to have and use now, and it's on sale....."

pampers37
12-29-2010, 05:08 PM
ive bought 2 strollers, and looking to get 1-2 more... with my first yet to come (Easter!) and i dont really know how our lifestyle will be with the baby.. as in what uses/types of strollers i'll need.. i guess i'll just keep collecting and when the baby comes - i'll have strollers to match my needs?!?

purpelina
12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
ive bought 2 strollers, and looking to get 1-2 more... with my first yet to come (Easter!) and i dont really know how our lifestyle will be with the baby.. as in what uses/types of strollers i'll need.. i guess i'll just keep collecting and when the baby comes - i'll have strollers to match my needs?!?

'zactly! Then you sell what you realize you don't need, and get a bunch more... :wink2:

elektra
12-29-2010, 06:28 PM
I love my swift! So nimble, so swift!