PDA

View Full Version : ISO of deal for Real Simple subscription

eska
12-28-2010, 05:53 PM
My Real Simple subscription is coming to an end, but after paying $5 for the year, I can't believe I will have to renew for the regular subscription price. Are there any deals out there?

mikala
12-28-2010, 05:56 PM
I just got my expensive renewal notice and was thinking the same thing. Did Amazon ever do the cheap subscriptions this year? I just checked and it looks like they only went down to $10 instead of last year's $5.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Real-Simple-1-year-auto-renewal/product/B002PXW1IE

For now I'm just keeping an eye on Tanga to see if it ever appears there.

mominjune
12-28-2010, 07:40 PM
I am in the same boat too with last year's $5 deal coming to an end. My renewal notice said $12 for the next year, but I hadn't gone online to try to do that yet. How much was your renewal notice?

Rutrow
12-28-2010, 08:31 PM
I am in the same boat too with last year's $5 deal coming to an end. My renewal notice said $12 for the next year, but I hadn't gone online to try to do that yet. How much was your renewal notice?

Are you sure that your renewal is for a year at $12? Mine says the $12 is for 6 monthly issues.

I want a lower rate too1

mjmamma
12-28-2010, 08:36 PM
I was waiting for the $5 subscriptions too but I never saw them.
Call CS and ask what is the lowest rate they can give you, ask if you can have the 'professional rate' and mention low rates you have seen.
As always, it depends who answers your call but they should let you know of the lowest rate out there....
hth

youngmommy
12-28-2010, 10:02 PM
My Real Simple subscription is coming to an end, but after paying $5 for the year, I can't believe I will have to renew for the regular subscription price. Are there any deals out there?

Me Too!
My renewal notice says $24 for 12 issues.
I really would like a deal.

Found this on SD, but I don't know if you can do two years to the same person with it:

https://subscription.realsimple.com/storefront/subscribe-to-real-simple/site/sm-2for1bbb1210.html;jsessionid=pl6JNKVSnsYGYL9mTMqZ1 QxHCPkGdpRh79M96mLYP3BGmtRxZhJW!1930122457?link=10 01805

4birds
12-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Me Too!
My renewal notice says $24 for 12 issues.
I really would like a deal.

Found this on SD, but I don't know if you can do two years to the same person with it:

https://subscription.realsimple.com/storefront/subscribe-to-real-simple/site/sm-2for1bbb1210.html;jsessionid=pl6JNKVSnsYGYL9mTMqZ1 QxHCPkGdpRh79M96mLYP3BGmtRxZhJW!1930122457?link=10 01805

Just a heads up to anyone considering this - I had a subscription for myself and they sent me a notice with an offer of a good deal for gift subscriptions. I ordered one for my mom and one for myself assuming it would extend my current subscription. It did not! After receiving duplicate issues I called CS and was told there was nothing I could do but give one subscription to someone else. There was no way to extend my subscription. I didn't think it was great CS so I just caution anyone trying to send 2 gifts to themselves that the same might happen - I hope it doesn't.

youngmommy
12-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Just a heads up to anyone considering this - I had a subscription for myself and they sent me a notice with an offer of a good deal for gift subscriptions. I ordered one for my mom and one for myself assuming it would extend my current subscription. It did not! After receiving duplicate issues I called CS and was told there was nothing I could do but give one subscription to someone else. There was no way to extend my subscription. I didn't think it was great CS so I just caution anyone trying to send 2 gifts to themselves that the same might happen - I hope it doesn't.

Thanks for the info!
Maybe I should call them as PP suggested and see if they'll give me a discount directly......

mikala
12-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Are you sure that your renewal is for a year at $12? Mine says the $12 is for 6 monthly issues.

I want a lower rate too1

I just checked my renewal notice and it says $12 is for the full year. I wonder how they decided who received each rate. So it isn't as expensive as I thought but it still isn't $5 :)

Rutrow
12-29-2010, 08:09 PM
I just checked my renewal notice and it says $12 is for the full year. I wonder how they decided who received each rate. So it isn't as expensive as I thought but it still isn't $5 :)

Oh, that really makes me mad! Who knows...maybe some people are getting an even better renewal rate since yours is half of what mine is!

3emm
12-29-2010, 09:58 PM
i received this limited time offer at the container store after a purchase.
EXPIRES 12/31/10

$5.00 for 6 issues of Real simple magazine, with all the benefits of automatic renewal ( this is the part i don't like about any mag, the auto-renewal)

realsimplepromo.com

i was not going to renew but renewed with this offer for another six months. it says nothing that i can see about having to be a new subscription so i went ahead and signed up in hopes that they extend my subscription or restart a new one.

$12 for a year is great, i never received that renewal rate.

hths.

jvs195
12-31-2010, 10:35 AM
I received a mailer for $12 for year (12 issues).

mominjune
01-04-2011, 07:06 PM

I want a lower rate too1

Sorry it took me so long to answer! I couldn't find the card I got in the mail, and didn't get a chance to go online and process it again after the first time I tried I got a website error.
I just did it and it was $12/yr.
That is quite unfair to not extend the same price to all subscribers.
I just went to www.realsimple.com/customerservice put in my account number off the mailing label, zip code and email address.
And it automatically gave me the following option

Expiration Issue: 01/01/2011
1 Select the savings of your choice.
YES! Renew my subscription at the low subscriber rate I have checked below:
12 issues (1 year) for just $1.00 per issue
(that's 1 year for just $12.00)
Savings of 79% off the cover price

I didn't read if someone already tried calling, but seems like they should extend that price to people who call and inquire about it, you would think, for to not make subscribers mad.
I just went ahead and extended mine since it seems too hard to find a better price.

mom2one
01-04-2011, 07:42 PM
wrong post, sorry