PDA

View Full Version : I just placed my first ever Hanna order!

ha98ed14
12-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Doing the happy dance because I picked up that red dress with the snowflakes on the collar for next Christmas season for $20! And I got two terry cloth dresses (brown one and a pink one) and two pairs of brown & pink patterned tights (plaid and stripes 'n polka dots) all for $60. I never realized how much mix 'n match potential they have. I'm hoping DD can wear it the end of this season and next fall. If their sizing is forgiving like I've found Gymbo's to be, I think I just made a good investment in DD's fall/ winter (in CA) wardrobe. Plus brown and pink are so cute together. So I'm feeling :boogie:

AnnieW625
12-28-2010, 06:59 PM
YAY! Their brown and pink stuff usually sells out quickly. I saw the snowflake dress yesterday and it's super cute. I am not ordering anything else now because the playdresses I want are out of stock, but Hanna sales are always fun, but it's absolutely mind boggling how fast stuff went this year compared to the last three years. I guess that is a sign that the economy is on the mend:thumbsup:

resipsaloquitur
12-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah for you! You are going to love HA. I'm slowly moving to doing only HA for DD. Their stuff just wears so well and looks so fresh.

lchang25000
12-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Yay..welcome to the HA fan club! I love HA, esp. for babies. Sad DS won't be wearing much Hannas after he outgrows the baby sizes cause I'm not liking the boys stuff as much.

charmcitymom
12-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Yay..welcome to the HA fan club! I love HA, esp. for babies. Sad DS won't be wearing much Hannas after he outgrows the baby sizes cause I'm not liking the boys stuff as much.

That's interesting. I like the boys HA stuff for the quality but I find that it's less fun. I think Boden is more fun but their prices jump so much in the boys line. The baby size increase to 4 will help but what will our growing boys wear after that?

lchang25000
12-28-2010, 11:23 PM
That's interesting. I like the boys HA stuff for the quality but I find that it's less fun. I think Boden is more fun but their prices jump so much in the boys line. The baby size increase to 4 will help but what will our growing boys wear after that?

Good question! I like some of their pants, but not the tops. LOVE the LJs though! I'm sure DS will eventually choose what he wants to wear, but for now, I'm happy choosing clothes for him.

WatchingThemGrow
12-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Good question! I like some of their pants, but not the tops. LOVE the LJs though! I'm sure DS will eventually choose what he wants to wear, but for now, I'm happy choosing clothes for him.
Funny, but I really like some of the tops. Not all, but some. The colorblock ones we have from years ago are favorites, plus some of the graphic ones that do not have words. We really like HA sweaters/sweater vests, the polos are fine and continue to look nice wash after wash, and the polos with collars the same fabric as the body of the shirt also! There may be 2-3 shirts per season we like, but that's plenty. I also like that they don't have that distinct "gymbo" or "tcp" or "gap" look, IYKWIM.

ETA: HA pants are the only ones that have really worked for my DS1 this year. He's super skinny and the cruiser pants with a bungee are his favorite b/c they don't fall.

charmcitymom
12-29-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm sure DS will eventually choose what he wants to wear, but for now, I'm happy choosing clothes for him.

I have to say, I'm not sure that I will be willing to spend as much as I do now when DS chooses for himself. Mostly because I'll never be sure he will actually wear them. I have an 18-year-old and I have to be reasonably sure he will wear something before I will spring for it. Now that he's old enough he pays for stuff I'm on the fence about. I get staples - but he's in charge of the rest with his gift cards, etc.

citymama
12-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Uh oh, I suspect this won't be your last...welcome to the club!

resipsaloquitur
12-29-2010, 11:14 AM

My DS (now 7) rarely wears HA because he is tall and skinny and everything HA for boys is "boxy" this and "boxy" that and it just hangs on him. He wears almost exclusively Ralph Lauren tops and plaid/madras longer shorts, with a smattering of Ragsland, Kelly's Kids and Crowns and Castles mixed in.

lchang25000
12-29-2010, 11:40 AM
My DS (now 7) rarely wears HA because he is tall and skinny and everything HA for boys is "boxy" this and "boxy" that and it just hangs on him. He wears almost exclusively Ralph Lauren tops and plaid/madras longer shorts, with a smattering of Ragsland, Kelly's Kids and Crowns and Castles mixed in.

Have you ever tried Boden for your DS? Now that's another addiction! :D

boltfam
12-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Have you ever tried Boden for your DS? Now that's another addiction! :D
:yeahthat: