PDA

View Full Version : 50% off Christmas books at Barnes & Noble, will they get cheaper?

mygrassisblue
12-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I bought a few books to put away for next year, but I'm wondering if I should have waited. Does anyone know what the markdown schedule for B&N typically is for Christmas books?

jgenie
12-28-2010, 10:19 PM
They went to $2 last year about mid Jan but not a huge selection.

ett
12-28-2010, 10:40 PM
There was also 75% off before the $2. Depending on the original price of the item, the 75% may be a better deal than $2.

schrocat
12-29-2010, 02:15 AM
It depends on the book. Some books didn't make it to 75% or $2.

Seitvonzu
12-29-2010, 09:17 AM
if it's a CHRISTMAS title, it will eventually go to 75% off (if it's not sold before that time).... but if it's a "winter" title, it won't. that's my experience. we are in b&n alot, so i usually wait and take my chances, but i find that the "better" (more classic?) christmas titles as opposed to character stories/activity books/paperbacks tend to go before reaching 75% off. i did get the nutcracker with cd last year (a barnes & noble title so cheap to start with) for $2 or maybe even 1 dollar... i tend to keep loose track of how many the store has at 50% and base decisions on that. last year i bought "mr. willoughby's christmas" and "take joy" at 50% --because there were only a couple at that price (maybe just the one?). i waited for the $2 sale or 75% and picked up some activity books.

during the clearance sale last year, my store brought out untouched BOXES worth of stuff---some i had never seen before . i've noticed that our target does this too...things i haven't seen in weeks (this round it was the holiday foamies....ugh) come back for clearance. i'm sure stores don't MEAN to do that at all, but it's frustrating!

i've had better luck with clearance books makiing it to 75% for other holidays (not christmas)... but then, they don't have as many of those books to start--so, not as popular. good luck!