PDA

View Full Version : Starting to feel excited - update

MacMacMoo
12-28-2010, 10:36 PM
We just heard the heartbeat! :D

Okay not really a giant mile stone, but I can finally start feeling excited. We recently had a miscarriage so the slightest feeling of moisture had me running to the bathroom to check to make sure nothing was wrong. So big sigh of relief.

DH found it with our at home doppler. We bought one after what happened in the spring. The heartbeat ranged from the 170s to 180s

Holding my breath for the first doctors appointment just wasn't going to cut it since I'm already eleven weeks and my ten week appointment won't be till fourteen weeks. Got to love military docs... More of a delay due to all the troops that recently got back (it's like they make babies as soon as they get home) and the holidays.

Now if only the other paranoid feelings would go away.

1/11 Update - Appointment was Friday and all went well. The midwife heard the heartbeat so we are official in their books. My calendar feels loved since it has a whole slew of appointments to keep up with.

We decided that I should talk with the OB psychologist to see if that helps with any of the anxiety.

The midwife decided she wants to get a dating ultrasound done since there is some question on when baby is due date is. We know when we did the deed, but we don't have a good last menstrual date.

The 16 week appointment is schedule for can you believe it the 16th week. However I need to call later this week to schedule the 20 week ultrasound because all of February is booked and March should be release soon.

We also are marked to meet with high risk. The appointment for them wont be set till after 20 weeks, since their concern with us is in regards to the third trimester.

But having the first actual appointment behind us made me feel a whole lot better. :D

KrisM
12-28-2010, 10:39 PM
How exciting!

Congratulations on the pregnancy!

goldenpig
12-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Congrats! So excited for you. Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy and delivery.

littlebird
12-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Congratulations! Wishing you peace until your doctor appointment and a happy, healthy pregnancy!

jgenie
12-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Congratulations!! Wishing you a peaceful and healthy pregnancy!!

pampers37
01-05-2011, 11:30 PM
congrats! best of luck.

WolfpackMom
01-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Yay! Congrats! I was addicted to our home doppler when I was pregnant with DS, sorry the Drs office is so backed up!

kdeunc
01-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Yay!:cheerleader1: I know that after my miscarriage I was anxious the whole pregnancy with DD. Glad you were able to hear the little one's heartbeat!

plusbellelavie
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Awww...Awesome! So cool....congratulations!

sewarsh
01-07-2011, 07:54 PM
That's such a relief. Once you hear the heartbeat, the chances of miscarriages go down drastically. Plus you are SO close to 12 weeks!! Congrats.

oneontheway
01-10-2011, 12:37 PM
That is wonderful!! Magic to a momma's ears!!

swrc00
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Awesome! I am so glad this bean is sticking! I wish you the best!