PDA

View Full Version : What do you wash your floors with?

sansdieu
12-29-2010, 12:00 AM
I know I ended a sentence with a preposition, but anyway. Please recommend your mop! I still use an outdated sponge mop, and I really truly hate it, but haven't had the time to research the alternatives.

SnuggleBuggles
12-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Libman Wonder Mop- it was recommended by my cleaner.

Beth

infomama
12-29-2010, 07:10 AM
I use a rag. Hands and knees two times a week.

Lupe
12-29-2010, 10:41 AM
I use the method mop for hardwood floors, which is basically sort of a towel thing you then toss in the laundry.
I only have tile in the bathrooms, and I us the swiffer wet jet for them

stinkyfeet
12-29-2010, 03:58 PM
We have hardwood floors throughout our house. I use a bona mop with the attached spray bottle. I LOVE it!!!!!

katydid1971
12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
A shark steam cleaner. I had a GC and got it about 5 years ago at Best Buy. There are other brands out that have better ratings but I really can't complain about my shark. I like that I'm only using water to clean the floors my children are often playing on. (another prepositions at the end of a sentence;))

Puddy73
12-29-2010, 05:11 PM
A shark steam cleaner.

:yeahthat: Love, love, love it!

sansdieu
12-30-2010, 11:38 PM
I use the method mop for hardwood floors, which is basically sort of a towel thing you then toss in the laundry.
I only have tile in the bathrooms, and I us the swiffer wet jet for them

I'd be interested into something that's reusable and washable. Is the mop itself fairly durable? My previous mop with cloths didn't last long.

We have hardwood floors throughout our house. I use a bona mop with the attached spray bottle. I LOVE it!!!!!

I have hardwood floors throughout, too - lots of them. That seems interesting (although pricey). Where did you get yours ? BBB?

A shark steam cleaner. I had a GC and got it about 5 years ago at Best Buy. There are other brands out that have better ratings but I really can't complain about my shark. I like that I'm only using water to clean the floors my children are often playing on. (another prepositions at the end of a sentence;))

:yeahthat: Love, love, love it!

I have hardwood floors, and I remember reading (on this board, I think) that frequent steam cleaning isn't recommended for hardwood (allows water to seep into wood or something...). Have to search for that thread.

sansdieu
12-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Libman Wonder Mop- it was recommended by my cleaner.

Beth

Cool, I'll look into it.

I use a rag. Hands and knees two times a week.

Wow; you're my hero. Twice a week!

salsah
12-30-2010, 11:49 PM
i use a swiffer mop but i don't use the swiffer refills/clothes. i wrap a cloth diaper around it instead and use diluted vinegar.

sansdieu
12-31-2010, 11:24 PM
i use a swiffer mop but i don't use the swiffer refills/clothes. i wrap a cloth diaper around it instead and use diluted vinegar.

Cool idea ;) I used it with a microfiber cloth, but my swiffer mop fell apart really quickly (DD helped).

♥ms.pacman♥
12-31-2010, 11:35 PM

:yeahthat:

i use bona after several ppl here recommended it. got it from bed bath and beyond. i love it. it's like swiffer but seems better (esp for my hardwood floors which are handscraped and harder to clean). being pg and having a 1yo to carry/chase around, getting down hands/knees wasn't even an option!

salsah
12-31-2010, 11:43 PM
Cool idea ;) I used it with a microfiber cloth, but my swiffer mop fell apart really quickly (DD helped).

how did it fall apart? we have one that broke (the plastic part around the screw where the handle connects to the rest) but that was due to misuse (the girls play with it a lot and pretend that it is all sorts of things).

if your dd likes to help, you can get one for her and make it her size. we have three in three different heights. the biggest one is mine (i used all the parts). dd1's only has one piece between the bottom and the handle. for dd2's, i attached the top part of the handle directly to the bottom piece.

i love it. easy, inexpensive, cleans well, and is about as green as it gets -- reusable clothes and vinegar.

salsah
12-31-2010, 11:47 PM
i just checked, i have the swiffer sweeper and sweeper xlg. the x-large is exactly the right size for a cloth diaper. but the regular size works too.

sansdieu
01-03-2011, 12:49 PM
how did it fall apart? we have one that broke (the plastic part around the screw where the handle connects to the rest) but that was due to misuse (the girls play with it a lot and pretend that it is all sorts of things).

if your dd likes to help, you can get one for her and make it her size. we have three in three different heights. the biggest one is mine (i used all the parts). dd1's only has one piece between the bottom and the handle. for dd2's, i attached the top part of the handle directly to the bottom piece.

i love it. easy, inexpensive, cleans well, and is about as green as it gets -- reusable clothes and vinegar.

I had a regular (not XL) swiffer mop (that DD used as you describe it - without the middle pieces) and the part that touches the floor developed major cracks in a couple of places, so it became completely unusable.

I do use vinegar for the floors (and for dusting, too) - I think it's terrific!

MizMojoLaveau
01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Loving my new Eureka Envirosteamer!