PDA

View Full Version : Emus DOTD Amazon!

Melaine
12-29-2010, 08:51 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=xs_gb_A2W2YJL5GRMN2N?ie=UTF8&docId=1000643571&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0Q056CNAZGNGZ7DYJ648

Excited about this deal, but I'm sad the kids sizes are so limited. Still, got myself these http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Bronte-Boot/dp/B003IDXAZI/ref=br_lf_m_1000643571_1_3_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=shoes&pf_rd_p=1285032242&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000643571&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0613VH0ZYHEAT6JFBPTM

I've heard great things about Emus and this looks like a great price. HTHS!

Seitvonzu
12-29-2010, 09:11 AM
oof. i didn't even know i needed these... and now i want!! :) i really wanted the tall boots, but i think the lows would be more "practical?" hrm.

do people really wear these out? i suppose i'd see more of it if i was in a snowier climate? (we either get socked or nothing)... i'm tired of my regular shoes getting all wet and soppy. i think i might try these :)

oh-- and the reason i clicked at all was because i thought "what/!?!?! amazon is selling EMUS?" (as in , the animal ;)

i need more sleep!

mjmamma
12-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Seitvonzu I have to say that these style of shoes were always a bit too casual for my taste but I bought low suede Emus this season and they are just so comfortable and like wearing slippers (even more so than my tall leather Uggs) without socks and it's socially acceptable :ROTFLMAO: I am debating another pair too... I like those Melanie, such a good price...eek

danagee
12-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks for posting! What a deal.
Bummer that my initial choice sold out just as I was about to put a pair in my cart, so I had to settle on a not-so-cool color choice.

TwinFoxes
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks, I just bought these
http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Button-Shearling/dp/B003IDZEIY/ref=br_lf_m_1000643571_1_1_img?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=shoes&pf_rd_p=1285032242&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000643571&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QFTJ1W7ZDDS85SKZ8WF

and am contemplating these:
http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Bronte-Boot/dp/B003IDXAZI/ref=br_lf_m_1000643571_1_4_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=shoes&pf_rd_p=1285032242&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000643571&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1SGRH99J1YNA848GPPHW

But that would bring my shearling boot total up to a pretty impressive (and ridiculous) total of 4, plus a faux shearling pair, plus another pair of winter boots. Yes, I have a problem.

danagee
12-29-2010, 09:30 AM
I just bought another pair! I couldn't resist. I need to stop visiting the bbb boards!

maybeebaby08
12-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Thank you so much! I love Emus, I wore Uggs for years then DH got me a pair of Emus and I like them more then my Uggs. I've been looking for a deal on these because they're perfect for New England winters, keep snow out and your feet warm. I got 2 pairs for a lot less then 1 pair.

DietCokeLover
12-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Wish they had DD's size. What a great deal.

mjmamma
12-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks, I just bought these
http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Button-Shearling/dp/B003IDZEIY/ref=br_lf_m_1000643571_1_1_img?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=shoes&pf_rd_p=1285032242&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000643571&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QFTJ1W7ZDDS85SKZ8WF

and am contemplating these:
http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Bronte-Boot/dp/B003IDXAZI/ref=br_lf_m_1000643571_1_4_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=shoes&pf_rd_p=1285032242&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000643571&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1SGRH99J1YNA848GPPHW

But that would bring my shearling boot total up to a pretty impressive (and ridiculous) total of 4, plus a faux shearling pair, plus another pair of winter boots. Yes, I have a problem.

Those are the two I'm debating on but also feel a bit like a boot hoarder! I may go w/the brontes since I have more higher 'tuck in' boots..... If I buy, I'm saving them (aka hiding) until next year!

willow33
12-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks! I got the Bronte Lo in Chestnut :)

ang79
12-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Wow, I wish they had those slippers in a bigger size! And I'm tempted to try a pair of the boots, but I'm pretty sure my mom bought me the fake ones from ON for Christmas, and I don't need two pairs of boots. I know the Emus are way better quality, but I would feel bad returning what my mom is getting me when I told her I wanted them (but of course that was before a good sale on these!).

Do the sizes run true for the boots?

Melaine
12-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Wish they had DD's size. What a great deal.

I know! I really want them for DDs also. Do ya'll think the DOTD ever comes back in stock? Wishful thinking I guess.

mjmamma
12-29-2010, 10:01 AM
I got the Bronte Lo in Brown since the Hip Button went fast, OOS in 7!
Also, I love tan shoes but I can't commit to Chestnut or Tan in the winter in New England!

artvandalay
12-29-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm curious if they run true to size as well... also do these have good arch support? Or are they pretty flat?

nicknack
12-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Ooh, perfect bday present to myself, it's today!
How do these run? Some reviews say half size small, some say TTS. Would love to order some before running out on errands. Thanks!

ecofem
12-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Ugh! I just ordered the UGGS from Garnet Hill, so I'm going to pass.... soooo tempting tho. I have to just.walk.away!

Melaine
12-29-2010, 10:04 AM
All the reviews I read said they run big, so I am sizing down. Hope that works out, they are supposed to stretch also. One person on SDs said they wear a 7 normally but ordered a 5....

mjmamma
12-29-2010, 10:10 AM
I wear a 7.5 and ordered a 7 (last round), they fit fine. I think I could have worn a 6 too but the 7 isn't too big.
They are pretty flat, I don't think there is much arch support but there is plenty room for an insole.

artvandalay
12-29-2010, 10:18 AM
OK Thank you OP for posting this! :cheerleader1: I just picked up a Bronte Lo size 9 in Chocolate. I typically buy grey but the Charcoal was sold out. I guess I need to branch out to brown once in a while.

How do you guys keep these clean? I mean, I know you spray them with some weatherproofing stuff... but I've seen people wearing these with what looks like water stains on them from snow/salt, etc? We get lots of snow here.

artvandalay
12-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Ooh I have another question. How do you find out about these deals? I shop Amazon all the time, but do you sign up for a particular alert or just check the site each morning?

zoestargrove
12-29-2010, 10:20 AM
thank you! I couldn't resist. I got a pair of bronte lo in charcoal

calv
12-29-2010, 10:20 AM
where are the links to the kids emus. not finding them :( TIA!

PAfirsttimemom
12-29-2010, 10:33 AM
I've read a few reviews like this. Anyone know what this means? Just wondering. Still haven't ordered....

Review 1
Pro: Boots are exactly as pictured and shipping was fast
Con: Boots are not EMU Australia they are EMU Wool and the difference is huge!
EMU Wool are cow hide boots with wool glued the the inside. Emu Australia is sheepskin with wool still attached. The glued wool is inferior to the sheepskin and there is not as much cushion or support inside. There is no traction to the sole of these unlike the EMU Australia boots. To my knowledge they are the same company just different grades. If I hadn't started with the EMU Australia boot I would have probably not noticed the difference. Unfortunately, since I have its like a cheap knock off.

Review 2
I knew this boot isn't EMU Australia.
However this boot is EMU wool.
Boot's quality is good, but EMU wool...

candaceb
12-29-2010, 10:34 AM
I didn't know I needed these, but the Stinger Los will be delivered to my door on Friday... too bad our snow should be melting by about then.

mjmamma
12-29-2010, 10:41 AM
I've read a few reviews like this. Anyone know what this means? Just wondering. Still haven't ordered....

Review 1
Pro: Boots are exactly as pictured and shipping was fast
Con: Boots are not EMU Australia they are EMU Wool and the difference is huge!
EMU Wool are cow hide boots with wool glued the the inside. Emu Australia is sheepskin with wool still attached. The glued wool is inferior to the sheepskin and there is not as much cushion or support inside. There is no traction to the sole of these unlike the EMU Australia boots. To my knowledge they are the same company just different grades. If I hadn't started with the EMU Australia boot I would have probably not noticed the difference. Unfortunately, since I have its like a cheap knock off.

Review 2
I knew this boot isn't EMU Australia.
However this boot is EMU wool.
Boot's quality is good, but EMU wool...

They are EMU Australia but some are wool inside (the less expensive ones) and some are Shearling (the more expensive ones). The lining is listed in the description.
As far as deals...I've ordered these before and received an email from Amazon this morning.

thomma
12-29-2010, 10:43 AM
I've been toying with getting a pair of uggish boots...great way to try 'em out.
got the bronte los...dk brown.

Thanks!

TwinFoxes
12-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Those are the two I'm debating on but also feel a bit like a boot hoarder! I may go w/the brontes since I have more higher 'tuck in' boots..... If I buy, I'm saving them (aka hiding) until next year!

So funny, I canceled the first pair and went with the Brontes for the same reason, I have other high boots. :) But you have more will power than I do, I'll be sporting them as soon as I open the box!

calv
12-29-2010, 10:48 AM
They are EMU Australia but some are wool inside (the less expensive ones) and some are Shearling (the more expensive ones). The lining is listed in the description.
As far as deals...I've ordered these before and received an email from Amazon this morning.

now i'm totally confused what to believe.

http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Button-Shearling/dp/B003IDZEIY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

these are the shearling but the ones that got the not so great reviews. What the heck!?!?! are these junk eventhough they're less than $30

PAfirsttimemom
12-29-2010, 10:54 AM

Thanks. Here's a review from the Bronte Los. The reviewer likes them, but it does sound like they are indeed different from Uggs and the premium Emus?

"I originally bought them as a starter pair since the full sheepskin ones were so expensive (these being suede with wool lining). They quickly became my favorite shoes and are probably the most comfortable ones I've ever worn. You will need to spray them with some sort of water/stain protection. Also, I'm a size 6.5, but I wear a size 6 in EMU. They feel snug at first, but stretch out with wear so anyone who orders up will find them too big."

calv
12-29-2010, 10:58 AM
whats' alba sheepskin?

in these? http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Alba-Sheepskin/dp/B003B2M0CU/ref=br_lf_m_1000643571_1_7_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=shoes&pf_rd_p=1285032242&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000643571&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=031XGR0WBE34904SX3J5

JBaxter
12-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I got http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Paddington-Hi-Australian/dp/B001W6QOAG/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_1 I have a cheep pair and wanted to get the sheepskin this time.

indigo99
12-29-2010, 12:30 PM
whats' alba sheepskin?

in these? http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Alba-Sheepskin/dp/B003B2M0CU/ref=br_lf_m_1000643571_1_7_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=shoes&pf_rd_p=1285032242&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000643571&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=031XGR0WBE34904SX3J5

I think Alba is the name of this shoe "model". I went for a pair that says sheepskin instead of suede (and manmade sole instead of rubber), but some say sheepskin in the title and suede in the description so who really knows.

ETA: I checked the emu Australia site, and it doesn't list the Bronte or Hip, but the stinger, alba, angels, paddington, armadale, & cuddles are there if that has any significance.

viba424
12-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Those sold out like a banshee! I got two pair, the short classics in brown for $26, then came back and got the waterproof stinger in short black for $44, thinking those might be better for bad weather.

For those of you still looking, the alba is very cute and still in stock for $44, which is great because they have the waterproof sole.

I think there may be some difference in quality of these, i.e. shearling vs wool. Not sure. I know some say premium and some dont.

Babymakes3
12-29-2010, 01:12 PM
I wanted a short pair in some sort of brown/tan color but the 7's were sold out, then the chestnut came back and before I could check out it was sold out again. About 3 minutes later I check and they are back in 7 in brown and gray...so weird! Needless to say I checked out much quicker this time and picked up the short browns in size 7 for $26!

Melaine
12-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Ooh I have another question. How do you find out about these deals? I shop Amazon all the time, but do you sign up for a particular alert or just check the site each morning?

I find almost all my deals on slickdeals.net

boltfam
12-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Looks like everything is sold out that was part of the DOTD. Bummer...

ETA: Thanks for posting, OP!

mjmamma
12-29-2010, 04:32 PM
I find almost all my deals on slickdeals.net

:yeahthat: too

jvs195
12-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Just got an email from Amazon that they are still trying to locate my item (Bronte Lo Chestnut, 10). Not a good sign. Last time this happened I never got my item (although a year later they are still looking...)

stratosphere03
12-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Just got an email from Amazon that they are still trying to locate my item (Bronte Lo Chestnut, 10). Not a good sign. Last time this happened I never got my item (although a year later they are still looking...)

I got the email as well for the exact same item. :(

Melaine
12-31-2010, 12:29 PM

I'm sorry! I hope they find those for you guys. I ordered the Bronte Lo in Chestnut size 8 and it is supposed to be on the truck for delivery.

calv
12-31-2010, 12:51 PM
oh no! my Women's Bordeaux haven't shipped yet. should I be worried?!?!? :(

Melaine
12-31-2010, 01:05 PM
I just got my Bronte Lo Chestnut. I do like them. They run huge. I normally wear an 8.5 and ordered an 8, but I probably could have done with a 7. The color is darker than the picture, but I guess that is ok. What I am frustrated about, is that the description said "shearling" and my boots say "wool". From what I understand, shearling is nicer than wool (can anyone comment?)

They are definitely comfy and look nice. I'm still very pleased with the deal, but I have had so many cases lately where Amazon is mis-advertising on their descriptions that I am getting frustrated with them.

willow33
12-31-2010, 01:20 PM
I just got my Bronte Lo Chestnut. I do like them. They run huge. I normally wear an 8.5 and ordered an 8, but I probably could have done with a 7. The color is darker than the picture, but I guess that is ok. What I am frustrated about, is that the description said "shearling" and my boots say "wool". From what I understand, shearling is nicer than wool (can anyone comment?)

They are definitely comfy and look nice. I'm still very pleased with the deal, but I have had so many cases lately where Amazon is mis-advertising on their descriptions that I am getting frustrated with them.

Now I'm worried. I ordered my regular size. Hope they fit me!

JBaxter
12-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Mine arrived!
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/jeanaspictures/IMAG0136.jpg

JenaW
12-31-2010, 01:30 PM
I ordered the bronte hi in an 8 and the stinger hi in a 9. I usually wear anywhere from an 8 1/2- 10 so I have no clue what will fit. Mine are showing as "on the truck for delivery." I used my free prime so they SHOULD be here in a few hours. I was confused by the shearling/wool/suede too, but figured for the price, it was still a good deal...assuming one of them fits!

Curious that nearly everyone ordered the lo's. Do you wear regular/boot cut jeans and cuff them on top? I got the hi's thinking I would wear my skinny's and tuck them in, but now I am not so sure.

Ooooh...UPS is here. I'll update in a minute.

Thank YOU so much for all the great deals...though my wallet certainly is not thanking you :)

~J

jvs195
12-31-2010, 02:21 PM
I was only planning on wearing mine as slippers so I got the low. Or hope to get it.

maybeebaby08
12-31-2010, 02:46 PM
I just got mine, I ordered the Bronte Lo and High Stingers. The Los are wool which aren't as soft as the Stinger shearling. There s a definitely a difference in quality Bronte s inside seems cheaper outside looks the sane though. I m really happy with the Stingers and the Brontes were a great deal but I wish they wrre shearling.

indigo99
12-31-2010, 03:41 PM
I just received the pair that I ordered, and they'll be going back. The fit is really weird for me. My toes go all the way to the end so they're not too large. However, my heel still slides up and down. My socks would be pushed down in no time. Too bad. It wasn't something I thought that I needed anyway, but I was hoping that they'd work.

Babymakes3
12-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Last night when i looked at the status they still hadn't shipped and after further reading of reviews I decided to cancel my order.

Melaine
12-31-2010, 05:48 PM
I just got mine, I ordered the Bronte Lo and High Stingers. The Los are wool which aren't as soft as the Stinger shearling. There s a definitely a difference in quality Bronte s inside seems cheaper outside looks the sane though. I m really happy with the Stingers and the Brontes were a great deal but I wish they wrre shearling.

Darn it. I am frustrated with the Bronte Los, because the description says.

"The Bronte from EMU blends all of the comforts of a slipper into a wearable outdoor boot. The rich suede upper is durable enough for the elements, while the plush shearling lining adds comfort and coziness, and naturally wicks moisture away. A treaded sole means that there is no place you can't take them."

I totally would have bought the shearling ones if I had known!

viba424
12-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Darn it. I am frustrated with the Bronte Los, because the description says.

"The Bronte from EMU blends all of the comforts of a slipper into a wearable outdoor boot. The rich suede upper is durable enough for the elements, while the plush shearling lining adds comfort and coziness, and naturally wicks moisture away. A treaded sole means that there is no place you can't take them."

I totally would have bought the shearling ones if I had known!

I know, after investigating that, it is so tricky the way they do that and you unfortunately have to know to look for the difference.

I got the Bronte Lo in brown for $26 and the Stinger Lo in black for $43, which are shearling and waterproof. The Bronte Los were way huge on me and were rough. I already boxed them up to send back. For $26, I would have kept them had they not felt like a 10 on me!

The Stingers are far softer and a better fit, but Im a bit mad because it said specifically Made in Australia on a couple different websites and they are not. Im still keeping them though. Very comfy.

jvs195
12-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Ok I cancelled. Too much of a gamble and if it's not what was advertised (and might never arrive anyway) I can buy something I can physically try on. Thanks for all the inputs.

viba424
12-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Ok I cancelled. Too much of a gamble and if it's not what was advertised (and might never arrive anyway) I can buy something I can physically try on. Thanks for all the inputs.

I think they would make fine slippers...its just that they are way big - like 2 sizes big IMO. Hope you find what youre looking for!

Melaine
12-31-2010, 07:53 PM
If anyone else is frustrated with the whole wool/shearling thing, I suggest emailing Amazon. They gave me a $6.69 refund. I'm going to keep them because I do like them, but I still think the product info was inaccurate.

Melbel
12-31-2010, 08:28 PM
I just received the pair that I ordered, and they'll be going back. The fit is really weird for me. My toes go all the way to the end so they're not too large. However, my heel still slides up and down.

I ordered Bronte Lo in chocolate and Stingers Lo in black. The Bronte pair is now backordered per my email this morning, and the Stingers arrived this afternoon. Based on some of the reviews here, I am going to cancel the Brontes.

The above quote accurately describes the fit for me too. The length is true to size but my heal slides up and down when I walk (this is not normally an issue for me). I plan to try again with socks. I thought they were supposed to have arch support, but I do not feel any. Since I have very high arches, I was hoping for better support. I have to say that they are extremely soft and cozy. I am not sure if I am going to keep them or not. Living in north FL, we do not get snow, but we do get cold rain during the frequent cold fronts. I also thought they would come in handy when we take the family skiing next year. I may go to try on other brands IRL then decide whether or not to keep them.

ha98ed14
12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
I ordered these ones (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B2M084/ref=oss_product) with the buttons up the back. The description says sheepskin, which is not shearling. Anyone care to speculate on what I am actually getting?

Melaine
12-31-2010, 10:29 PM
I ordered these ones (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B2M084/ref=oss_product) with the buttons up the back. The description says sheepskin, which is not shearling. Anyone care to speculate on what I am actually getting?

Well, the back says "Emu" as opposed to "Emu Wool" so I think that is a good sign.

frugalmom
12-31-2010, 10:36 PM
If anyone else is frustrated with the whole wool/shearling thing, I suggest emailing Amazon. They gave me a $6.69 refund. I'm going to keep them because I do like them, but I still think the product info was inaccurate.

I got the EMU Australia Women's Hip Shearling Boot

Is that one of the ones that is not described right?

How do you do returns to Amazon? Do you have to pay to have it shipped back?

Melbel
12-31-2010, 10:40 PM
How do you do returns to Amazon? Do you have to pay to have it shipped back?

You normally pay for return shipping. However, if an item was not described correctly or the sizing was way off, I would contact amazon CS to try and get a prepaid return label.

frugalmom
12-31-2010, 10:50 PM
You normally pay for return shipping. However, if an item was not described correctly or the sizing was way off, I would contact amazon CS to try and get a prepaid return label.

Thank you. I had no idea you could do that.

TwinFoxes
12-31-2010, 11:17 PM

I did email. So frustrating, because I would have ordered the Stingers if I had known the Brontes were not shearling. I thought the Stingers looked too wide. Oh well! I'm sending them back, they sent me a prepaid label.

Thanks for posting OP. It was still a great deal, especially for the Stingers!

viba424
12-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Thank you. I had no idea you could do that.

If it is the result of their error they will not charge you for it. It will be reflected when you go through the return process.

danagee
01-01-2011, 12:16 AM
I bought 2 pairs but really only need one. I think I'll keep the Stingers and either return the Brontos or try to sell on eBay.
Do you think I'm better off trying to sell on eBay??

Oh, and they don't offer much arch support :( But I am keeping them, such a great deal and i'm hoping they'll last several years.

citymama
01-01-2011, 02:26 AM
First, thanks to the OP for sharing this deal, and to both Melaine and TwinFoxes for replying with this link to my Uggs thread. I ordered the Angel Lo in sz 8 (I usually wear 8.5) - they were $44, down from $150.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003B2LXB4/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1293863109&sr=8-1

They arrived today and I looove them! They fit perfectly, they're cozy and they're cute! Considering the full price, I am guessing they're shearling, but I don't know. Anybody figure it out? Either way, they're staying!

citymama
01-01-2011, 05:30 AM
FYI, here's a comparison of Emu, Uggs and Bearpaw on Hubpages that might be of interest to some posters...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Bearpaw-Ugg-or-Emu-Boots-Which-Designer-Boots-Are-The-Best-For-You

graciebellesmomma
01-01-2011, 06:23 AM
remove post

indigo99
01-01-2011, 11:47 AM
I missed this sale!
If anyone has a 9 or 9.5 to sell,
let me know! I'd love a deal on
some warm boots.

Thanks!
Kathleen

Based on the link posted above, you might want to check out Bearpaw boots. They're about the same price as the shearling emu's were on sale, but I don't know how they compare. I'm thinking about doing that since the emu boots didn't work for me.

danagee
01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Sorry, this is off-topic, but I had to share with someone that my dog (a Lab) is SO freaked out by the sheepskin boots!!
He won't come near them and if the boots are near him, he can smell them and will bark and run away and continue barking!
I'm glad he didn't chew them apart last night when I left them hanging out on the floor but I think he's more fearful of them than hungry for them.

calv
01-01-2011, 04:12 PM
dumb ? but how do I know if the boots I ordered are shearling, sheepskin or SOMETHING else? LOL.

I got these: http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Alba-Sheepskin-Chestnut/dp/B003B2Q6GG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1293912703&sr=8-1

do you guys read something in the label? or am I missing it somewhere else?

viba424
01-01-2011, 06:45 PM
dumb ? but how do I know if the boots I ordered are shearling, sheepskin or SOMETHING else? LOL.

I got these: http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Alba-Sheepskin-Chestnut/dp/B003B2Q6GG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1293912703&sr=8-1

do you guys read something in the label? or am I missing it somewhere else?

In situations like this I always look at an alternate website as a comparison for their information. Also, dont mix up shearling and sheepskin. You can have a suede (wool) boot line with shearling and a sheepskin, which has shearling attached. Honestly for these prices its a great deal but I personally get a lot of value from buying something NOT made in China, and these are.

The Alba is a good looking boot. I think it is made of suede, but dont quote me on that. Here is Zappos rundown of the alba:

http://www.zappos.com/emu-australia-alba-charcoal

To PP above, thats really weird about your dog! I know my cat HATED an old sheepskin throw we had. She would never lay on it. I dont even know we got that...Im normally so against "skins" in the house.

indigo99
01-01-2011, 09:12 PM

That shoe is on the emu Australia website (unlike the Bronte) so I think it's one of the "better" shoes.

Suede is the outside material of the shoe and is basically the underside of an animal skin. Given that the differences in these shoes seems to mainly be the soles and inside, I'd say that they are ALL suede although I don't know for sure that the suede is all sheepskin (I suspect it is though). I think that the big difference is the lining and whether it is shearling or just wool. They get wool by shaving the sheep while shearling is still attached to the skin (and is therefore higher quality, warmer, less likely to detach etc.)

Momof3Labs
01-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Got my Bronte Lo boots, and they are going back. They are HUGE - I usually wear an 8W, so ordered an 8, and they were still far too big and wide on me. I also disliked the lack of support.

ang79
01-01-2011, 11:18 PM
oops - wrong thread!

Melaine
01-02-2011, 07:39 AM
That shoe is on the emu Australia website (unlike the Bronte) so I think it's one of the "better" shoes.

Suede is the outside material of the shoe and is basically the underside of an animal skin. Given that the differences in these shoes seems to mainly be the soles and inside, I'd say that they are ALL suede although I don't know for sure that the suede is all sheepskin (I suspect it is though). I think that the big difference is the lining and whether it is shearling or just wool. They get wool by shaving the sheep while shearling is still attached to the skin (and is therefore higher quality, warmer, less likely to detach etc.)

Yeah, I totally found a wad of wool floating around the carpet after I took off those boots. Very different from my shearling boots from Cabelas.

frugalmom
01-02-2011, 12:06 PM
I ordered these ones

http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Shearling-Black/dp/B003IDXM7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1293984259&sr=1-1&searchContext=B003IDXM7E,B00478QHO4,B0016BH5Z0,B00 1W6QO88,B003IE1ALS,B001JQMUBG,B003IDXAQ2,B0016BPHL E,B003UNP69E,B003B2O1QI,B0021AG1WS

It says shearling in the title, but then when you click on the picture of the boot it says wool.
That is what you guys are talking about right?

How did you word your emails to Amazon? I want to get a prepaid label to send them back and get a refund.

Melaine
01-02-2011, 12:09 PM
I ordered these ones

http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Shearling-Black/dp/B003IDXM7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1293984259&sr=1-1&searchContext=B003IDXM7E,B00478QHO4,B0016BH5Z0,B00 1W6QO88,B003IE1ALS,B001JQMUBG,B003IDXAQ2,B0016BPHL E,B003UNP69E,B003B2O1QI,B0021AG1WS

It says shearling in the title, but then when you click on the picture of the boot it says wool.
That is what you guys are talking about right?

How did you word your emails to Amazon? I want to get a prepaid label to send them back and get a refund.

Here is what I sent:

"I just received my Emu Bronte Lo boots. I just wanted to give feedback on this order, because I'm a frequent online shopper and love shopping with Amazon. I ordered this boots from the Deal of the Day and specifically searched for Emu boots with "shearling" lining. These are the softest that Emu makes and much more comfortable. I purchased the Emu Bronte Lo boots because Amazon's description was as follows:
"The Bronte from EMU blends all of the comforts of a slipper into a wearable outdoor boot. The rich suede upper is durable enough for the elements, while the plush shearling lining adds comfort and coziness, and naturally wicks moisture away."
Actually, when I received the boots the lining is wool, and very different from the higher quality shearling. I got a great price on these, so I don't want to return them, but I am disappointed that the false description from Amazon caused me to miss purchasing another pair of true shearling boots during the Deal of the Day. I would certainly have chosen differently if the descriptions had been accurate.
Again, I love shopping with Amazon and I don't want to return these because I won't able to find a comparable bargain since the deal of the day is over. At the very least, however, Amazon needs to change the description so that other customers will not be mislead.
"

mjmamma
01-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Good call Melanie, I'm curious how they respond. Because I just bought a wool pair and these were in the lower priced category, I assumed they were the wool. But, I just checked back into my orders and it *does* say shearling. I figured they would be kick around boots anyway but the thought of being mislead irks me.

bekahjean
01-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I want to get a prepaid label to send them back and get a refund.

I am returning my pair as well. When you go through their return process, select "different from website description" as the reason for return. It will give you the option of a prepaid UPS label or a refund of the shipping cost (for up to $4.95 on my pair).

HTH

frugalmom
01-02-2011, 08:25 PM
I am returning my pair as well. When you go through their return process, select "different from website description" as the reason for return. It will give you the option of a prepaid UPS label or a refund of the shipping cost (for up to $4.95 on my pair).

HTH

Thank you. That helps a lot!

viba424
01-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Now shearling is the fluffy stuff technically, right? Any kind of boot can have shearling...shearling is not the exterior. That is sheepskin.

Ugh, time for bed. Im getting delerious.

calv
01-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Now shearling is the fluffy stuff technically, right? Any kind of boot can have shearling...shearling is not the exterior. That is sheepskin.

Ugh, time for bed. Im getting delerious.

I know it, delerious is right. HOW do i know if I have sheepskin or shearling?

I own these 2 pairs of boots:

http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Alba-Sheepskin-Chestnut/dp/B003B2M084/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1294056634&sr=8-8

http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Bordeaux-Chocolate/dp/B003IDXXUU/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1294056698&sr=8-33

Melaine
01-03-2011, 08:51 AM
I know it, delerious is right. HOW do i know if I have sheepskin or shearling?

I own these 2 pairs of boots:

http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Alba-Sheepskin-Chestnut/dp/B003B2M084/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1294056634&sr=8-8

http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Womens-Bordeaux-Chocolate/dp/B003IDXXUU/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1294056698&sr=8-33

I'm not 100% sure....but I do know that the ones that say "EMU" are better than the ones that say "EMU Wool" (you can see the tiny tag in the photos on the back of the boots).

So, if that is indeed true the first ones you linked to are nicer than the second ones.

Melaine
01-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Ok, Amazon said they would review the description of my boots and decide whether or not to change it. Well, they did change it. But, ironically, the title still says "shearling". But they did remove "shearling" from the description. Ugh, should I email them again or just drop it?
http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Australia-Bronte-Lo-Shearling/dp/B0016BJ6DE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1293840124&sr=8-1

danagee
01-03-2011, 10:22 AM
You might want to email them again if you have the time. I think the title description is the main thing that people use to do their searches.

viba424
01-03-2011, 10:52 AM
My thought is if we went to Nordstrom Rack and got these for the same price, we probably wouldn't be as obsessed the materials. Thats the hard part about online shopping, at least for me...you cant decide based on the way they feel. I think in that aspect we are probably being a little hard on Amazon for something we normally wouldn't even care about if we could just buy them in the store. I never saw any mistakes in the descriptions of the ones I got. They are $30-50 boots...just like any other wool boots from DSW, etc.

R2sweetboys
01-03-2011, 11:35 AM
My thought is if we went to Nordstrom Rack and got these for the same price, we probably wouldn't be as obsessed the materials. Thats the hard part about online shopping, at least for me...you cant decide based on the way they feel. I think in that aspect we are probably being a little hard on Amazon for something we normally wouldn't even care about if we could just buy them in the store. I never saw any mistakes in the descriptions of the ones I got. They are $30-50 boots...just like any other wool boots from DSW, etc.

Which ones did you get? It was the Brontes that had an incorrect description. You're right, it is hard to buy shoes online without being able to try them on. BUT, it's even harder when you base your decision on a description that is completely inaccurate. I was fortunate that I caught the mistake and instead ordered the Stingers that do indeed have the shearling. From what I gather, the EMU wool are not as comfortable or durable as the shearling. I think it's great that the PP contacted Amazon and they changed the description to accurately represent the boots.

viba424
01-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Which ones did you get? It was the Brontes that had an incorrect description. You're right, it is hard to buy shoes online without being able to try them on. BUT, it's even harder when you base your decision on a description that is completely inaccurate. I was fortunate that I caught the mistake and instead ordered the Stingers that do indeed have the shearling. From what I gather, the EMU wool are not as comfortable or durable as the shearling. I think it's great that the PP contacted Amazon and they changed the description to accurately represent the boots.

I got the Brontes and the Stingers too! I knew going in that the Brontes were not sheepskin, and expected from reading reviews on other websites like I normally do to not get overly excited about the quality of those. My biggest problem with those was they ran so big even though I sized down, but I hear Ugss do that too. I think the Stingers were more of a deal because their quality was much better and worth the extra $20.

stratosphere03
01-04-2011, 08:49 AM
I just received the following message from Amazon:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the Amazon.com order referenced above. Unfortunately, we encountered a problem that allowed you to place an order for an item that is no longer available.

To correct the problem, we canceled your order and you have not been charged. To compensate for any inconvenience we may have caused, we're including a $5 Amazon Gift Card code with this e-mail, which you can apply to your next order. Just enter the code below on the checkout page.

I ordered a pair of Brontes and based on the feedback here I'm actually happy that my order was cancelled. :)

calv
01-04-2011, 09:27 AM
On the phone now w/amazon making a huge stink because sure enough the Bordeaux Boots they cancelled on me w/out any notification are now in stock!

errr, so shady they way they just cancel things w/out telling me and sure enough I now expect a price match for an item I ordered less than a week ago!!

on hold/on the phone w/them for over 19 minutes now.

Melaine
01-04-2011, 09:35 AM
On the phone now w/amazon making a huge stink because sure enough the Bordeaux Boots they cancelled on my w/out any notification are now in stock!

errr, so shady they way they just cancel things w/out telling me and sure enough I now expect a price match for an item I ordered less than a week ago!!

That happens way too much with them! Don't back down!

calv
01-04-2011, 09:41 AM
That happens way too much with them! Don't back down!

they're giving me the boots, hopefully w/out any major screw ups (HA, I'll believe it when i see it!!!) and a $20 credit as well. not too bad. fingers crossed. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

SO FRUSTERATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So w/that said, CHECK those boots girls if you really want the boots @ a great price.

ETA: jerks. so they took away my $20 credit and gave me the boots for $35. I'm livid. omg how rude. after the agravation. WTF?!?!

citymama
01-04-2011, 02:44 PM

I totally agree. I think the boots (esp the higher end ones, Alba or Angels, which retail at $150) are a STEAL for under $50. If I found these at NR, I'd be on such a high! The wool is soft, warm, cozy, the sheepskin is great quality OZ sheepskin. I am really happy with the Angels boots for $44 - I'd have been ticked off at $150 though.

Everyone knows that shearling is wool, right? If the Brontes are scratchy, I understand the frustration, but for those of us/you who ordered the Albas or Angels, you should be pretty happy with what you get!

mjmamma
01-04-2011, 02:49 PM
On that note, I'm happy over all too. The Bronte wool isn't scratchy on my (smooth, lol) bare feet and for $26, they are a steal but I guess I knew what I was getting..lower quality not Ugg top quality. To me they are super casual kick around shoes. I hope some others were pleased and if not, I hope Amazon rectifies it. Props to the OP for posting.