PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilt about the bee.

roseyloxs
12-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I have only used the bee a few times thanks to the constant rain this week. The few times I have used it it has been fantastic. I really love the raincover, much nicer then the bumbleride cover. The push is great. The suspension is awesome, trying to get used to the bouncy feel of the suspension.

I can't get over how much it cost even though I did catch the 20% off sale. Money isn't tight or anything since my husband is always gone which in the military means we are making a lot more money then usual. I still feel like I am robbing their college fund to buy a stroller though.

I know the resale value is good but it's still hard to lay down that kind of money on a single stroller. Help.

MamaBear
12-29-2010, 01:06 PM
It's worth it! I've had mine since they first hit the market in late April, and absolutely love it.

purpelina
12-29-2010, 02:10 PM
well, first off, if you like it, and it fits the bill - it's a good choice.
I loved my bee dearly, and my only regret was that I didn't get it as soon as dd was born, but rather waited a year.

Do you feel that bee can replace another stroller that you can sell now? Do you have some other items around house that you don't really use and can sell? I always do that, and it justifies high price tag for me (I got rid of something unnecessary, and got what I want, love, and use a lot)
It might be that extra bookshelf, or bag, or something else... we rearranged our living area, and I started purging kids toys, I got rid of 2 shelves. I didn't make much on that (fetched like 45 for both), but I gained space, and donated toys - felt incredible freedom!

I also sometimes sell a few cheap things, and put away this money in a little envelope. Before I know it there might be 200 or more - all for the stuff I hardly noticed was there!

Once I have this amount, I either buy that nice stroller that I wanted or deposit it in the bank. It feels more substantial than spending each of these 15 bucks and not noticing.

bee is VERY nice. I think I've come the full circle, and if I ever have another baby I'll get a new bee from the start. Even though I'm in a secret love affair with cam, I feel bee is very me :0)

It can do anything except heavy offroading.

roseyloxs
12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks. I already sold my indie. Also plan to sell a whole bunch of stuff soon that I don't want to take to Germany. Maybe once I start doing that I will feel better.

pampers37
12-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks. I already sold my indie. Also plan to sell a whole bunch of stuff soon that I don't want to take to Germany. Maybe once I start doing that I will feel better.

fwiw, we always could save a bit more - but what fun is it to just sit in the bank in case you need it? and what mamabear said, if it fits the bill, then keep it and use the heck out of it to get your money's worth! :cheerleader1:

marylovesbennyhill
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
It's a stroller, not heroin. It's ok!

nmstrong
01-03-2011, 01:53 AM
ya, if you love it and can afford it why not!!! the resale is amazing and since you got it at 20% off you will prob be able to sell it for the same price you got it for!!

pampers37
01-03-2011, 05:08 PM
ya, if you love it and can afford it why not!!! the resale is amazing and since you got it at 20% off you will prob be able to sell it for the same price you got it for!!

ha well put! :bouncy: