PDA

View Full Version : dress up storage help

cckwmh
12-29-2010, 05:19 PM
My DD has way too much dress up stuff. it just get stuffed in 2 bins inside our expedit bookshelf and ends up everywhere, any better storage suggestions??

Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
12-29-2010, 05:22 PM
We have some 3M command adhesive hooks to hold dresses, plus two drawers and under the dress boxes. In DSs' room, we have a huge bin under the crib - huge. And...we need to hang some up with 3M hooks for the boys also.

elephantmeg
12-31-2010, 03:33 PM
we got a used laundry hamper-you know the wicker ones with a lid-works great!

justlearning
12-31-2010, 05:07 PM
I think one thing you could use is something like this if you're wanting to hang everything up:

http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=90&f=7362

I've seen cheaper versions of that elsewhere.

For my boys' dress-up clothes, I use a huge tote from Garnet Hill (no longer available). It's mammoth and they can easily just stuff all their stuff back in there when they're done playing and it also provides easy access to get everything out.

One option like this could be the round plastic storage tubs/totes. I have a medium size that holds DS's stuffed animals but can't think of its name right now. (They're very popular and have knock-offs everywhere).

brittone2
12-31-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm going to convert a wardrobe box (upcoming move) for DD's stuff. cut out the front of the box and hang the dressup (and cutesy up the outsides w/ wrapping paper or something in the meantime.

Eventually I'd like DH to build DD this (but put a back on it w/ additional hooks and a shelf on top.

http://ana-white.com/2010/12/pink-dress-up-station.html

mykidsmom
12-31-2010, 11:22 PM
I put up a shower curtain tension rod in a hall closet for her dress-up dresses. It is low enough for her to reach and we always hang the dresses back up when we are done. I have a basket on the floor for all the shoes and magic wands.

cckwmh
01-01-2011, 07:03 AM
thanks for the suggestions. I love the ana white wardrobe - maybe a winter project for me. i think command hooks inside her play room closet will help in the mean time. Thanks again!

KrisM
01-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Right now, she has a cabinet, but it's way too small. Her closet is huge, so I'm going to put a tension rod in from front to back (about 4 feet) and she loves to hang her clothes, so I'm sure she will hang things up. Then, I"m getting some Sterilite drawers for scarves, jewelry, etc. I just need to finish getting the last book case (ours) out of her closet and will work on that this week.

egoldber
01-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Younger DD has a very low hanging rack in the closet in her room. I recently hung up all her costumes in there on hangers, and it works well. It had the added side benefit of encouraging her to play more in her room.