PDA

View Full Version : Summer Infant BabyTouch Video Monitor

LoveBeingMrs
12-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Does anyone have this one (http://www.summerinfant.com/Products/Monitoring/Video-Monitors/BabyTouch-Digital-Video-Monitor.aspx), yet? It's supposed to be similar to the Best View, but with more features. I'd like to get some feedback before making the purchase. Thanks! :)

babylsmom
01-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I am expecting my first, and my friend who just had her second child highly rec. this one to me. She uses a different monitor for her first, and if it wasn't so expensive, she said she would have went back to get another one to use for him as well. She loves that you can pan the room and she said the picture is the best she has ever seen.

LoveBeingMrs
01-13-2011, 08:50 AM
I actually got it already, and have been using it for about two weeks now. So far, so good! :thumbsup:

The only (minor) thing is that you have to use the monitor horizontally, so it's kind of awkward to hold.

I am expecting my first, and my friend who just had her second child highly rec. this one to me. She uses a different monitor for her first, and if it wasn't so expensive, she said she would have went back to get another one to use for him as well. She loves that you can pan the room and she said the picture is the best she has ever seen.

towerner
01-17-2011, 09:14 PM
I just bought one today and wanted to ask a follow up question to those who already have one. Are you hearing a slight hum from the parent unit at any volume above level 2-3? I have the camera set up on a dresser which is located across from my DS's bed. His room is upstairs and ours is down, but even testing the volume of the parent unit right outside his door, there's a hum.

I'm not sure whether I might have the camera unit too far from him or whether I got a defective device. It doesn't have any type of channel selection like my sony baby call (which, I admit has spoiled me as far as sound quality goes), so I'm not sure how else to adjust it.

Aside from that, I'm liking the camera so far. I had a Summer BestView for about 3 weeks (had to return it b/c the camera would lock when panning, then the picture would freeze) and the night vision quality on it was a little better, but the daytime vision on the BabyTouch is far superior. I also like the fact the BabyTouch can add cameras easily and will auto-scan between them. The BestView wouldn't auto-scan. With baby number 2 coming any day, I wanted to have the option to add a camera easily.

Oh & the other thing that drove me crazy about the BestView was that there was no mute - even the lowest volume was substantial sound - not the most convenient thing when you're letting your little guy work things out on his own.

Thanks in advance for your help!

LoveBeingMrs
01-17-2011, 09:20 PM
I just bought one today and wanted to ask a follow up question to those who already have one. Are you hearing a slight hum from the parent unit at any volume above level 2-3? I have the camera set up on a dresser which is located across from my DS's bed. His room is upstairs and ours is down, but even testing the volume of the parent unit right outside his door, there's a hum.

I'm not sure whether I might have the camera unit too far from him or whether I got a defective device. It doesn't have any type of channel selection like my sony baby call (which, I admit has spoiled me as far as sound quality goes), so I'm not sure how else to adjust it.

Aside from that, I'm liking the camera so far. I had a Summer BestView for about 3 weeks (had to return it b/c the camera would lock when panning, then the picture would freeze) and the night vision quality on it was a little better, but the daytime vision on the BabyTouch is far superior. I also like the fact the BabyTouch can add cameras easily and will auto-scan between them. The BestView wouldn't auto-scan. With baby number 2 coming any day, I wanted to have the option to add a camera easily.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sorry, I don't hear a hum... definitely give Summer Infant a call tomorrow. They have a pretty decent customer service department. Glad to hear you were able to return your BestView! I was told that the BestView and BabyTouch do NOT work together, and will actually cancel each other out. :p

towerner
01-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the advice! I just exchanged my BabyTouch yesterday and the new one works perfectly! I love it!