PDA

View Full Version : umbrella fold, great wheels?

TwoBees
12-30-2010, 11:01 AM
I should know this already, but I'm having a brain block. Are there any lightweight, umbrella-fold strollers with wheels like the BJCM (or better)?

crl
12-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Micralite fastfold superlite?

Cybex Onyx has really big wheels for an umbrella and rear suspension.

Catherine

toystorymama
12-30-2010, 11:34 AM
We love our TFK Buggster. It has a huge seat, great push and a pretty small fold. Someone on Swap is selling one now too I think.

TwoBees
12-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Cybex Onyx has really big wheels for an umbrella and rear suspension.

Catherine

Are you able to compare the wheel size to the BJCM?

crl
12-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Are you able to compare the wheel size to the BJCM?

Not very accurately. I don't have a BJCM nor does anyone in my neighborhood (all Bobs and one Vista with Macs for the car, my MB Swift is viewed with suspicion, lol). I have seen BJCMs in the wild several times and did pay some attention since you all talk about them so much. I would guess the BJCMini's wheels are noticeably bigger and they seem to have a nubby texture that probably improves their outdoor performance. The Onyx wheels are darn big for an umbrella though and did very well at Disney World.

If someone can measure a BJCMini's wheels, I can measure the Onyx wheels for comparison.

Sorry I can't help more.

Catherine

legaleagle
12-30-2010, 01:14 PM
The callisto has awesome wheels and amazing suspension - I think the wheels are 6" but they are very very smooth pushing. Does great on smooth pavement and very easy to lock straight (buttons on top of the front wheels that you can push with your feet). It's 18 lbs though and big for an umbrella when folded (at least compared to my g-luxe!)

TwoBees
12-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Not very accurately. I don't have a BJCM nor does anyone in my neighborhood (all Bobs and one Vista with Macs for the car, my MB Swift is viewed with suspicion, lol). I have seen BJCMs in the wild several times and did pay some attention since you all talk about them so much. I would guess the BJCMini's wheels are noticeably bigger and they seem to have a nubby texture that probably improves their outdoor performance. The Onyx wheels are darn big for an umbrella though and did very well at Disney World.

If someone can measure a BJCMini's wheels, I can measure the Onyx wheels for comparison.

Sorry I can't help more.

Catherine

That was very helpful actually! The BJCM's wheels are 8". If you don't mind measuring the Onyx's wheels, I'd appreciate it.

The callisto has awesome wheels and amazing suspension - I think the wheels are 6" but they are very very smooth pushing. Does great on smooth pavement and very easy to lock straight (buttons on top of the front wheels that you can push with your feet). It's 18 lbs though and big for an umbrella when folded (at least compared to my g-luxe!)

Is that also a Cybex?

legaleagle
12-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes, callisto is the fanciest cybex - comparable to mac techno. It actually has a bar handle but an umbrella fold.

crl
12-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Onyx wheels are 5 1/2 inches.

Catherine

AnnieW625
12-30-2010, 05:34 PM
I should know this already, but I'm having a brain block. Are there any lightweight, umbrella-fold strollers with wheels like the BJCM (or better)?

FWIW, I think my Triumph has better wheels than a BJCM; it's way less wobbly on dirt! The Triumph wheels are 5.0"; the Techno XLR wheels are 6.5".

mrsjde
12-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Micralite fastfold

purpelina
12-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Micralite fastfold
:yeahthat:

Or w can expand a bit and say all micralite family: fastfold / FTS (the first model), Toro (next model) slightly heavier but with more features, then fastfold superlight (newest and lightest model).

Depending on where you live - climate etc - and what is the age of your child, you can choose one to best fit your needs.

strollerqueen compared superlight a mac volo, toro to mac techno, which makes fts mac triumph, I guess?

I woudl seriously look into these strollers. If there is any store nearby that carries them, try them out IRL.

poohbear
12-31-2010, 12:31 AM
My Albert Thurston Ryder is pretty comparable to my BJCM. The wheels are not as big - I believe they are 6 inches vs. 8 inches, but the Ryder suspension makes up for it a bit...
I believe the Techno would be the same...

TwoBees
12-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm going to check out the Cybexes and the Micralites. Oh, and work on convincing DH that we really do need another stroller :wink2: