PDA

View Full Version : Logistics/Bag question for WDW

cono0507
12-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Our first trip to WDW is in 7 weeks! :)

I'm starting to think about packing/bags/strollers/etc.

I have a 3.5yo and almost 6yo. No diapers. I was thinking about wearing an Overland Donner bag for necessities, valuables, epi pens, etc and then have a bag in the stroller for snacks, drinks, extra clothes/ponchos. What do most people do that works well?

Also, our stroller collection has been pared down a bit as we don't use them often. I'm trying to decide between bringing 2 maclaren quests or the P&T with second seat. I was thinking the 2 macs would be good - easier to maneuver and when the 6yo doesn't want to ride I can just fold it up and hang it from the other mac. They are so much easier to fold than dealing with taking the doubles seat off the P&T every time we'd need to fold. We will be taking the boat to MK and driving the rest of the time.

I'd love any good advice! :)
Thanks!

DebbieJ
12-30-2010, 02:07 PM
definitely bring two Macs. Then you can split up if needed. We went in June and brought our P3 and Volo.

BeachBum
12-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I think you are on the right track. With bags, I usually bring the smallest bag I can that will fit only the things that I might want while we are standing in line, or if DH and I split up for a few minutes. Usually that is
1 water that we all share
ID/ wallet, phone, tickets, money, chapstick, sunglasses, stickers and a couple of hotwheels, hand sanitizer.

Everything else that we might need that day goes in a larger bag on the stroller. Sometimes its only a few more things, sometimes it's a lot.

As for strollers....my DS is 5 and he pretty much walks. For the ages of your kids I would think that your best bet would be a stroller with a kickboard...but I would certainly do two singles over a double. I think it is very likely that you will keep one stroller folded a lot of the time.

ETA: we go 3 or 4 times a year and that is what I found works best for our family

DebbieJ
12-30-2010, 04:30 PM
As for strollers....my DS is 5 and he pretty much walks. For the ages of your kids I would think that your best bet would be a stroller with a kickboard...but I would certainly do two singles over a double. I think it is very likely that you will keep one stroller folded a lot of the time.

ETA: we go 3 or 4 times a year and that is what I found works best for our family

When we went in June (HOT!!!!!) my 6 yo rode in the Volo most of the time. We were following Touring Plans and moving pretty fast and had pretty jam packed days, so this kept us all happy. My DH was very opposed at first, but he came around quickly after the whining stopped.

I think if you go more regularly you probably move at a slower pace and don't feel the pressure to fit it all in.