PDA

View Full Version : Washable twin comforter?

nabigus
12-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Okay, so not sure this is in the right place--it's "big boy" bedding rather than baby bedding.

Ds is moving to a twin-sized bed, and we're getting him a comforter. Any suggestions for a twin-sized comforter? I'm leaning towards down alternative, because of the machine washability. I'd like great quality for a really nice price. :)

Still annoyed that Lands End was out of stock of their "warmer" line when all those 40% coupons were floating around.

MizMojoLaveau
12-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Not sure about warmth but I have been happy with ours from IKEA. They are washable and I think they come in different weights.

zag95
12-31-2010, 12:36 AM
I'd say Ikea too- we are working on getting our big girl bedding together- I'm doing a LE waterproof mattress pad, a duvet set and alt down comforter from Ikea, and sheets from JCpenney!

WatchingThemGrow
12-31-2010, 12:42 AM
We have a nice down alternative from The Company Store on DD's bed. They're washable, even if you get down. January is when all the stores run their white sales, so it is the time to buy. We also like to stock up at Kohl's with 2 waterproof mattress pads and pillows per kid bed, plus sheets from TCS. Kohls cardmembers may have an extra 20-30% off that makes it awesome on top of a 50% off price.
ETA: I need to order allergy cases for the boys' beds.