PDA

View Full Version : Double stroller recommendation

MrsDLB
12-31-2010, 01:43 PM
I haven't been on here awhile, but am hoping you all can help me figure out what to look at for a double stroller.

DD will be 3 when the new baby arrives. She is quite tall for her age (39" at 30 months now and about 32 lbs. We have: a Bob Revolution (she's so tall that her head hits the canopy and I don't think it's very comfortable for her); a Maclaren Techno XLR; a snap n go. My parents have a Bugaboo (I can't remember if it's the frog or chameleon) that no one ever really uses and I know they'd let me have if there was an accessory for it that could convert it to a double, but I see nothing like that.

We are not a family that jogs, but we do walk. On paved streets/sidewalks/parks mostly. We do go to the mall frequently or places that I think having a large double stroller would be a pain. I'm not too concerned about fitting it in our trunk as we have an SUV. Price isn't too much of a factor.

Out of what we have, we use the Bob the most. We absolutely love it. My husband is 6'4" and likes that he can push her in it without stepping on it. She's not a stroller napper though - I'm not sure if she finds the Bob uncomfortable or if it's just her and she was never going to be a mobile napper.

Any recommendations for what we should look at? Is there anything new and exciting out there?

salsah
01-01-2011, 12:56 AM
look at the mbud/mb duo. it is small enough to manage at the mall and will be great for walking. you'll love the quality, push, and steering on the mb. many argue that it is better than the bob. it also reclines fully so you can put a newborn in it. (the bob does not.) the bob is also too wide for some doorways. my mbud glides thru doorways that my bjcmd couldn't.

since your walks seem to be mostly on paved surfaces, you could get by without AT tires and go with a bjcmd, but i think you will enjoy an AT more if you like to walk a lot, especially outdoors. the bj isn't smaller than the mb, just lighter. the fold may be a little more compact because of the wheel size.

if you want something more compact, you can also wait for the mb duet to come out.

roseyloxs
01-01-2011, 02:06 AM
I believe Baby jogger, valcos and easywalkers are all good for tall kids. If you want an inline you can check out the Phil and teds explorer but People here have said the back seat has a 33 lb limit. If money is really no object you can check out the new bugaboo donkey and let us know what you think.

arivecchi
01-01-2011, 05:16 PM
If $$$ is no object, you could always do an AT double for outdoors and a single with a toddler board for indoors. That's what I ended up doing.

MrsDLB
01-02-2011, 02:36 PM
What is everyone's thoughts about the Bumbleride Indie Twin?

It looks like my best options are either the Bob Duallie or the MB Duo. I'm wondering if I should add the Bumbleride to my list?

scriptkitten
01-02-2011, 02:53 PM
i take my BOB duallie to the mall and have no problems with it. i like having a huge platform (the canopy) to lay down my possible purchases as i walk around stores.

roseyloxs
01-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Depends what you want most from your stroller. The bumbleride offers a few things the duo and duallie don't. The indie twin has an adjustable footrest and an upright, reinforced seatback. A more compact fold but it's still an AT double so don't get too excited about the word compact. The duallie and duo beat out the bumbleride on push though. If you want the best push or plan to use the stroller in deep snow you probably want to stick to duo or duallie.

roseyloxs
01-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Also meant to say my 40" son still fits in the indie. However he must have longer legs because he also fits in the duallie just fine as well.