PDA

View Full Version : I'm really regretting my stroller choice for this trip

edurnemk
12-31-2010, 02:07 PM
I brought the Chicco Liteway, knowing the Vista was much more suitable for our destination, but I didn't want to risk it being damaged by the airline.
So I decided I'd look on CL for a used AT to buy when we got here and leave it at my parents' or sell it when we left (I'm here for almost 4 weeks). Well this is Graco-Evenflo territory. There's nothing but that on CL, oh wait, there was that add for a "high end stroller" which turned out to be a P3 :ROTFLMAO:

Anyway, I am soooooo annoyed by the push of the Chicco now that DS is heavier (33 lbs). So I though, WTH, I'll get one of those overstock Cybex Callistos to replace it. Well there's only purple ones left. I'm not sure if DH will freak about DS riding purple stroller. And if the steering is that much better.

Anyway, I just needed to get that out. I'm frustrated with our stroller, I miss the Vista so much. Does anyone know of a killer deal on an AT right now?

blondflava
12-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Ugh I'm sorry to hear that! 4 weeks sounds like a long time with a crappy stroller. Wow, I almost bought a Liteway but it seemed too heavy for me, I kind of liked the look of it.

purpelina
12-31-2010, 03:51 PM
How about a bob for 15% off? You can sell chicco on the spot (since its graco land it might be an easier sell)When you come back you can even sell the vista...

poohbear
12-31-2010, 04:29 PM
How about a bob for 15% off? You can sell chicco on the spot (since its graco land it might be an easier sell)When you come back you can even sell the vista...

Sadly I was thinking the same thing. ;) and you could sell the bob later when the new ones come out. Fwiw I believe uppa sells a bag for the vista that warranties against damage to your stroller by airlines.

What about a mac. Are there any of those on your cl? Those push great even with bigger kids

edurnemk
12-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Sadly I was thinking the same thing. ;) and you could sell the bob later when the new ones come out. Fwiw I believe uppa sells a bag for the vista that warranties against damage to your stroller by airlines.

What about a mac. Are there any of those on your cl? Those push great even with bigger kids

The Vista Bag only covers damage if the stroller is still within the warranty period, our "turned" 2 in October so no damage covered. Plus we live abroad so it wasn't easy to get a Vista Bag shipped there for our flight to the US. But I may get one for future trips.

I have seen no Macs on CL either. Seriously. Only Evenflo, Graco and the occasional Chicco, and the one P3 classified as a "high end stroller"

Purpelina, I may consider getting a Bob but I would NEVER sell my Vista :ROTFLMAO: I love reversible strollers, and still use the reversible feature with DS very frequently.

poohbear
12-31-2010, 07:24 PM
The Vista Bag only covers damage if the stroller is still within the warranty period, our "turned" 2 in October so no damage covered. Plus we live abroad so it wasn't easy to get a Vista Bag shipped there for our flight to the US. But I may get one for future trips.

I have seen no Macs on CL either. Seriously. Only Evenflo, Graco and the occasional Chicco, and the one P3 classified as a "high end stroller"

Purpelina, I may consider getting a Bob but I would NEVER sell my Vista :ROTFLMAO: I love reversible strollers, and still use the reversible feature with DS very frequently.

The bob would be a great addition ;) what an awful cl nice place to visit but wouldt want too live there huh? :ROTFLMAO:

That's good to know about the vista bag too bc my friend was thinking about getting one. So it is during the vista warranty period that it covers damage then?

edurnemk
12-31-2010, 07:40 PM
That's good to know about the vista bag too bc my friend was thinking about getting one. So it is during the vista warranty period that it covers damage then?

From their website: http://www.uppababy.com/products/product.php?id=147

Regulations
- UPPAbaby travel bag must be registered prior to trip departure date.
- Program benefits are contingent upon your stroller being under its original 2 year warranty.
- UPPAbaby cannot replace a stroller if lost by the airline.
Please note: If you fail to register your stroller, a proof of purchase must be provided in order to make a claim.