PDA

View Full Version : Expedit..which one or Besta shelving?

jacksmomtobe
12-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Ok so I've got my usual start of the New Year/after Christmas need to re-organize our playroom. I have bins for stuffed animals, baby dolls, etc. Now we are moving away from trucks and are amasssing (sp?) a large collection of legos, k-nex etc. I've decided that we need to move our 2 shelve PBK bookshelf to DS's room and add a larger shelving unit. In seeing the neat stuff people have been doing with the expedit & container store I'm wondering what type of base piece to choose. I was wondering for those who own expedit shelving how they decided which unit to get. Also I noticed a Mom posted using the besta shelves. For those with the expedit do you like the open back? Help me decide. I'm hoping to not secure anything to the wall as I do like to re-organize and move furniture around in that room from time to time.

Thanks!

reneed
12-31-2010, 06:33 PM
I second that question because I HAVE to get one or the other this weekend!

jvs195
01-02-2011, 10:14 AM
We have 2 large (4 x 4) Expedits and I really like them. I have one in the Living Room against the wall with the 2 bottom row of baskets to quickly stash toys out of the way. I have the Black Brown and spray painted the Brana baskets that fit to match. The top 2 shelves are for display. In the basement play room I have one with bins on the bottom and toys in the rest. Have used it as a room divider and against the wall. I like it both ways in that really open space. For the money it really looks nicer than most I've seen, my only complaint is the square openings don't often fit the larger toys so we have to put them away in pieces or on top.

wimama
01-02-2011, 11:55 AM
We have the 4x2 Expedit, which we used horizontally with the long surface used for toy storage and I really like it for toy storage. I like that I can store DS big Playmobil pieces on top, like DS pirate ships. They don't fit well in the compartments because they are too big. We bought ours a year ago, and I didn't want the 4x4 because I was worried about DS climbing it to get the higher toys off shelves. He was climbing the playroom closet shelves at the time and used to climb his book rack in his nursery. I would recommend using the braces that come with it and bracing the shelves on the wall. We have DS's dressers strapped to the wall and the Expedit braced to the wall.. I have heard of children getting seriously injured or fatally injured from tipping furniture. We do have the shorter Trofast toy storage that we don't anchor because it is so light.