PDA

View Full Version : Just took out BOB for the first time...

Nechums
01-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Wow. That's all I can say. I walked a mile through all the residual snow from last weeks New York blizzard. It cut right through everything, while my friend struggled with her Valco behind me. I'm definitely in love. Thanks to all the mamas who have convinced me to go for it.

blondflava
01-01-2011, 09:37 PM
That makes me envy you! walked yesterday with my Indie (same NY snow...) and some spots I had to really struggle to go through (hate when they shovel just a very very thin strip of a sidewalk not wide enough for a stroller) but it wasn't as bad as the Graco that got stuck in the slush in the sidewalk ahead of me and the non-harnessed boy almost fell out underneath the tray!!!
I'm glad you plowed in easily :D.

strollerqueen
01-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Wow. That's all I can say. I walked a mile through all the residual snow from last weeks New York blizzard. It cut right through everything, while my friend struggled with her Valco behind me. I'm definitely in love. Thanks to all the mamas who have convinced me to go for it.
Do you have the 12" or 16" wheels?

Nechums
01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Do you have the 12" or 16" wheels?

16" wheels

poohbear
01-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Glad you love it. I was amazed at how much better the push was on the BOB (16inch) than my P&T (which had 12 inchers, though I think that's only part of the difference). It's an awesome stroller! :)

AnnieW625
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
YAY! I pushed mine in the sand yesterday, and it did great!

babychi
01-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Congrats on the your new BOB! So excited to get one soon. :)

pampers37
01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Congrats on the your new BOB! So excited to get one soon. :)

:yeahthat: hopefully i'll be getting one too!

Kennie
01-03-2011, 07:03 PM
How comfortable is the seat on the BOB? I have heard that they aren't very padded...

Nechums
01-03-2011, 11:13 PM
How comfortable is the seat on the BOB? I have heard that they aren't very padded...

I don't have very much to compare it to, but DS seemed to like it. When I tried putting him into my Mac, he said he wanted the new stroller.

scriptkitten
01-04-2011, 12:49 AM
i have the duallie and let me tell you boston was a PITA last week. shoveling here is pathetic (way worse than NY)

most intersections had no path for me at all as i went up and down curbs so i often had to get in front of the BOB and drag it up the curb.

we had about 18" here so some of the snowbanks were pretty thick

i can't remember fully but i think i had an easier time of it with my P&T Vibe last year because its narrower… when the sidewalks are shoveled so that they are like bowling alley gutters, have a stroller wider than the "gutter" is super clumsy.

now fresh snow? the BOB cut through that like butter… well, except for the parts that were over 12" … but its not a hovercraft.. its a stroller!