PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?

sf333
01-02-2011, 11:57 AM
I just found a P&T Sport with doubles kit on CL for $275. I haven't seen it yet, but the seller said that its' barely been used. First, is this a good price? And secondly, assuming that I'm looking for a P&T, would you recommend the Sport (if this is a good deal) or would you stay away b/c of things like a lack of a sunshade on the 2nd seat, braking issues, etc.?

roseyloxs
01-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Have you asked for the model year?

sf333
01-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Have you asked for the model year?

No, not yet but I will once I hear back from the seller. Any other specifics I should be asking about?

roseyloxs
01-02-2011, 01:00 PM
I don't know much about P&Ts but in general I ask for the model year, condition of the stroller if there are any rips, tears or stains I should know about. Then I ask about the wheels. Do they show any wear, do they hold air well? Then I look the stroller up online and find out what most people complain about and decide whether those complaints are dealbreakers for me.

poohbear
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
No, not yet but I will once I hear back from the seller. Any other specifics I should be asking about?

There were two versions of the sport - v1 and v2. There were no specific model years you can find on the actual stroller, but I believe 2009s and 2010s were v2s. I had a 2009 and it was a v2. You can tell the version by the wriststrap - it will be printed in white on the wrist strap. I don't know the specific differences between the versions, but on the v2, I would just make sure the zippers for adjusting the recline work and are not broken. Check for tears in the seat, etc....

I would say $275 for a good condition sport with doubles is a good deal. I sold an eeuc 2009 for $375 (doubles kit was still in the box, barely any wear on the treads) in November.