PDA

View Full Version : Which of these light-ish strollers has the best push?

edurnemk
01-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I've pretty much decided to replace my Chicco Liteway (I'll probably leave it at Grandma's house) since I HATE how hard it is to push with a heavier toddler (DS is almost 3, and 33 lbs). I like everything else about it, but to me push is super important, if I don't enjoy pushing the stroller, no other feature is enough to make up for that.

I'm not in the search of a super light, bare bones stroller, I don't mind a 17-18 pound stroller for my car stroller at all (I have a Vista as well). It must have near-full recline, decent sunshade, the belly bar is a nice plus, and I've decided I want a single bar handle bar, instead of umbrella handles (for a true one-hande push). I'd like to keep it under $200-230.

So I'm considering:
Cybex Callisto (I see there will soon be a carrycot for it and I'l love that for the next baby)
BJCM (although I'm worried it may be a little too wide in the back)
Peg Perego Vela

Any other I should look into? Of those listed which has the best push? (That's my deciding factor).

purpelina
01-02-2011, 02:13 PM
IMHO city mini will have the best push, but I didn't try callisto to be completely objective.

I would recommend looking into a used bug bee. Our local cl has good deals sometimes, there was one recently for 160! It was quite used, but still functional and came with everything...

edurnemk
01-02-2011, 02:24 PM
IMHO city mini will have the best push, but I didn't try callisto to be completely objective.

I would recommend looking into a used bug bee. Our local cl has good deals sometimes, there was one recently for 160! It was quite used, but still functional and came with everything...

Thanks! CL was my first choice, but like I said in a previous thread, there's nothing but Gracos, Evenflos, some Chiccos and one P3 advertised as a high-end stroller in my local CL!

The Bee+ is on my list for when we have another baby, right now I can't really justify it unless it was a killer deal like the one you describe, but I do want a better car and travel stroller right now. I got some Xmas money from my mom so the stroller is coming out of that, ;)

edurnemk
01-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Oh I forgot to mention this one: http://www.bebeconfort.com/collection/UK/prom_poussette_streety.htm

I live abroad and could get this one there (I'm visiting my parents in the US right now). Does anyone have any experience with this stroller? I LOVE that it's reversible. But I haven't checked out the price where we live.

ETA: OK, forget it, I just found the price and it's uber-expensive. $1000 (without the car seat and carrycot). Ugh, strollers are just insanely expensive there.

roseyloxs
01-02-2011, 03:07 PM
If you want the carrycot option with the callisto be sure to get a 2010 or 2011. The 2009, like on overstock, does not accept the carrycot.

edurnemk
01-02-2011, 03:18 PM
If you want the carrycot option with the callisto be sure to get a 2010 or 2011. The 2009, like on overstock, does not accept the carrycot.

Thanks! Sadly there's only purple ones left on ovestock, so I wasn't considering that anymore, but I'll make sure any others I look at are at least 2010.

strollerqueen
01-02-2011, 04:57 PM
I've pretty much decided to replace my Chicco Liteway (I'll probably leave it at Grandma's house) since I HATE how hard it is to push with a heavier toddler (DS is almost 3, and 33 lbs). I like everything else about it, but to me push is super important, if I don't enjoy pushing the stroller, no other feature is enough to make up for that.

I'm not in the search of a super light, bare bones stroller, I don't mind a 17-18 pound stroller for my car stroller at all (I have a Vista as well). It must have near-full recline, decent sunshade, the belly bar is a nice plus, and I've decided I want a single bar handle bar, instead of umbrella handles (for a true one-hande push). I'd like to keep it under $200-230.

So I'm considering:
Cybex Callisto (I see there will soon be a carrycot for it and I'l love that for the next baby)
BJCM (although I'm worried it may be a little too wide in the back)
Peg Perego Vela

Any other I should look into? Of those listed which has the best push? (That's my deciding factor).

Inglesina Avio, Bugabee Bee Plus, Valco Quad. Although all these are more than you want to spend. Maybe you could find a deal?

edurnemk
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Inglesina Avio, Bugabee Bee Plus, Valco Quad. Although all these are more than you want to spend. Maybe you could find a deal?

Yeah, that one looks great, but for $500 I'd prefer a reversible. I may consider it against the Bee+ when I'm pregnant again.

Strollerqueen, between the 3 I originally listed, is there one you'd recommend over the others?

purpelina
01-02-2011, 05:16 PM
sorry I forgot you were in "graco land"... What about an ebay deal on a bee or something else? Or google?
Hope someone else can chime in and maybe point you to a deal on older bee on some site with quick shipping... bee plus is full price pretty much everywhere.

strollerqueen
01-02-2011, 05:20 PM
sorry I forgot you were in "graco land"... What about an ebay deal on a bee or something else? Or google?
Hope someone else can chime in and maybe point you to a deal on older bee on some site with quick shipping... bee plus is full price pretty much everywhere.

Yeah, that's true. Just wondering how long a 3 year old will fit in the Bee minus. I would also recommend the Zooper Waltz, but for the same reason. A 3 yr old not fitting long, I mean.

strollerqueen
01-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Thought of another one. Quinny Senzz? But again, maybe too much $.

strollerqueen
01-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Ah ha! The Valco Latitude EX fits the bill. Make sure you get that one. The EX has a taller seat than the original Latitude.

edurnemk
01-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Ah ha! The Valco Latitude EX fits the bill. Make sure you get that one. The EX has a taller seat than the original Latitude.

Oooohhh!!! I'm liking that one! A bit more than I want to spend, but maybe I can find a deal. Fortunately my Xmas money is mine to spend on any whim I choose and I don't have to run it by DH :ROTFLMAO:

ETA: Does the Latitude EX have equal or better steering than the BJCM? (The babygizmo video review mentions the Valco is not really a one handed push)

poohbear
01-03-2011, 11:33 AM
My BJCM has a great push IMO. Not as great as my BOB, but still a great push. I have gotten used to the back end - LOL. My triumph also has a great push... was using it all last week and I forgot how much I liked it!

edurnemk
01-03-2011, 12:15 PM
My BJCM has a great push IMO. Not as great as my BOB, but still a great push. I have gotten used to the back end - LOL. My triumph also has a great push... was using it all last week and I forgot how much I liked it!

Well if you're used to a Bob and still like the push of the BJCM, it must be pretty good!

How heavy is your DC? I know everyone likes the push of the Macs with bigger kids, but now I'm just biased against umbrella handle strollers :tongue5: Can you steer it one handed?

AnnieW625
01-03-2011, 02:44 PM
I liked the push of the BJCM on flat surfaces, but ended up finding a Vista on CL for $100 more than a new BJCM and I love the Vista. I really wanted a Valco Lattitude too, but couldn't find one to look at in person or even any reviews of it, but had I been able to find it locally I most likely would've went with that one.

I am not much of an impulse stroller buy but if you have the money now and want a Bee+ then I would just get it now if it fits your 3 yr. old. IMHO it's better to have things paid off before a new baby comes.

I can stear both of my Macs (Triumph, and Techno) one handed with no problem (see my post in the stroller push post). I love them, but I do understand they aren't for everyone.

Momto1
01-03-2011, 03:52 PM
I have a Valco Latitude (not EX) and it definitely can be pushed with one hand!