PDA

View Full Version : Food Aversions

littlebird
01-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm 10 weeks and have recently started having stronger aversions to food. It was just mostly meat that was turning me off which was easy enough for me to manage, but now nothing looks or tastes good, well hardly anything, except maybe ice cream. It's horrible to be hungry and feel like i'm forcing myself to eat!

Has anyone experienced aversions to this extent? How long did it last for you, and what did you do?

♥ms.pacman♥
01-02-2011, 10:23 PM
i'm 26 weeks and i still have food aversions, but not as bad as in first trimester.

the worst for me was meats, especially chicken. also any sort of vegetable. it was so bad, that feeding my son his baby foods was WORSE than having to change his poopy diapers. seriously, when i would have rather smelled poop than veggies..that's a pretty strong aversion! lol

that feeling of my stomach being empty but then the thought of eating ANYTHING making you sick to your stomach..and having to literally force yourself to eat...yes, all too familiar and horrible indeed. i had it with both pregnancies. first time lasted until about 16-18weeks this second time, my m/s seemed to last longer than the first... i think by 20 weeks i was mostly ok, but i am still sensitive to smell.

HIU8
01-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Heck, my kids are 6 and 3.5 and I still have the food aversions that I had when PG with each of them. It takes all my power to eat a chicken breast, veggies or fish. Somehow I never shook those aversions.

littlebird
01-02-2011, 10:54 PM
My 1st pregnancy I had an aversion to all meat until about 15 weeks. And, I had cravings for potatoes (prepared any way) and grapefruit--not together though!

But, just not wanting to eat but feeling like I might pass out if I don't is completely new to me.

Thanks for letting me know it might not get better--at least I can be prepared that it could be a struggle for awhile. HIU8, :hug: to you! I had no idea aversions could last years past pregnancy. I do hope they'll subside for you at some point!