PDA

View Full Version : What should she offer for this stroller?

atx
01-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Hi ladies

If you remember that my friend wanted a cam or frog...well there's an '08 available(in reportedly very good condition) but she's asking 550 which I know is too much but how much would you offer? $450? $425?

There's also a 5 yo frog available, they're asking $350 but I don't think any more than $300 is appropriate, maybe less.

Thanks!

nmstrong
01-03-2011, 01:48 AM
is it a frog or cameleon for 550? is it the color she wants and what accessories come with it?

atx
01-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Sorry if it was confusing-It's a black 08 cameleon for 550. It comes with the basic accessories, nothing extra, like a breezy canopy or anything. Black is fine for her.

The frog for 350 is a different seller. That one is aubergine but it's 5 yrs old

purpelina
01-03-2011, 03:37 AM
I'd say your hunch is right. I was checking bugs for a while on local CL, and frogs that old should are about 300, and cam that comes "bare bones" should be about 450. For 550 I would expect say a footmuff, or a second (third) set of fabric, maybe a diaper bag... Not necessarily that I need them, but for this price I would like something else thrown in, KWIM?

In any case, when it's resale (and not a store purchase), you go by how much you "feel" it's worth...
I sometimes feel out the seller by first emailing them just asking this and that, and suggesting "if they would accept a best offer" (without telling what this best offer of mine is). Sometimes they email me back with a reasonable price and I accept, sometimes not... Is there something else on Cl? Can your friend wait a bit longer, till new stuff gets posted? People were taking time off I guess, now with school starting this Monday, and all the reg. routine back in place, there might be more stuff for sale coming up...

blackiris
01-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Just FYI, there is no such thing as a black base cameleon (canopy part can be black - I think they actually might have just come out with a black base one as a special edition but def not in 08). Ppl were selling fakes and Bugaboo has said that something to look out for is black bases. If what they mean by black is the dark gray, you can disregard what I am saying. :) Just wanted to point that out though. Not sure on the prices. $550 doesn't sound that high to me, honestly, but I don't really know used prices since I bought my Cam new.

atx
01-03-2011, 11:21 AM
No, i meant that the fabric was black, not the base. Sorry if I'm not using all the correct terminology

pampers37
01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
ive been seeing some cams as low as $350 now and again. frogs about $250ish. these are lower end prices obviously. they do range quite high. i guess it all depends on how happy your friend will be paying X. so i guess thats what it comes down to for me. if that price she is happy with paying is $400, then i'd offer $400. thats my 2 cents.

nmstrong
01-03-2011, 05:05 PM
I think a good price on a 2008 or newer cameleon (you can tell because the newer models have clips instead of screws and foam wheels) is 450 for just the stroller. I have sold a few for around that price and they go fast.....within days..............so I feel like its a decent price, not to high not too low (not like they sell within hours) so I feel like 550 might be a little high. I think a good price for an older cam with the air wheels is 350-400 depending on the condition. you definitly have to take that into account.
used frogs (especially the aubergine) still go for around 300 here. there have been no changes to the frame on the frog since 2005 so the only thing that would matter is what kind of shape its in...........
Love that aubergine color though, it is so pretty and fairly rare...they only made that color a few years...

atx
01-05-2011, 12:28 AM
ugh, stupid CL seller. We offered 400 for the Cam, she said lowest would be $450, then texted me (i'm doing all the negotiations) to say she'd take $400 and then today when I texted about picking it up, she said "oh, my husband wants to keep it for the next baby"

Oh yeah, why is your ad still up?