PDA

View Full Version : Travel seat WWYD

KDsMommy
01-03-2011, 10:42 AM
First off, let me just mention I'm not new here, but I needed to change my screen name for privacy reasons, so I've been around for a few years. ;)

But anyway...DS and I will be traveling from FL to CA in mid-February. He's 3 yo, 38.5", and 36 lbs. Normally he rides in an Uptown for travel. It's so lightweight and easy to travel with, but it has a weight limit of 40 lbs. Should I plan to use the Uptown for this trip, or something else. We also have a BV, TF, and FR85. None of those are great travel seats. I guess I could do a Maestro if really necessary, although money is a little tight at the moment. WWYD? FWIW, in the past year and a half he's only gained 5 lbs. Am I safe to assume he'll be well within the limits of the seat in only 6 weeks?

Joolsplus2
01-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I think you should still be under 40 pounds in 6 weeks (maybe even 6 months, I know my kids only seem to put on 2-3 pounds a year at that age, lol), so it should be fine :)

KDsMommy
01-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks Jools! :waving4:

niccig
01-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I think you should still be under 40 pounds in 6 weeks (maybe even 6 months, I know my kids only seem to put on 2-3 pounds a year at that age, lol), so it should be fine :)

Yep, it took FOREVER for DS to gain weight at that age. You'll be good. I had the Uptown and was very upset when DS got too tall for it at 5 yo. He's a lightweight, so it fitted for ages longer than most other kids.