PDA

View Full Version : Mac triumph with tipping/movable hood?

csnoop
01-03-2011, 01:24 PM
I finally decide that I am going to get a triumph to stick in the trunk of my car and for travel. Does anyone know if any of the recent triumphs, specifically I am looking at the 2008 and 2010, have hood that can change angle? It would be a nice feature.

CC

AnnieW625
01-03-2011, 01:38 PM
I believe 2006 was the last year to have the tilting sun shade (maybe 2007). I haven't checked the 2010 models but I know for sure that the 2008 and 2009 models didn't have it. If you don't have a Babies R Us or another Maclaren dealer near you you can order one from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Maclaren-Triumph-Stroller-Charcoal-Silver/dp/B003JQLFV0/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1294076109&sr=1-1) and it can be returned with free return shipping (as long as it is ordered in the baby section).

csnoop
01-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the info. The BRU near our house only had the Volo and Quest. I just went ahead and ordered the 2010 one in Scarlet. I can live w/o the tilting sun sunshade.

CC

poohbear
01-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Okay, so this is weird. I have a 2009 triumph, which is not supposed to have the swivel hood. The other day, my mom is pushing my LO in it and I look over and the hood is tilted downward! I ask her what she did (kind of accusatory, because I think she broke my triumph, which is already on it's second hood, thanks to the airlines), she looks at me like I'm nutso and says, "I pushed it forward, it's supposed to do it, see it's on these hinges." and pushes it back and forth. I still maintain it's not supposed to though... (I have not played with one that does do it, so I can't tell you for sure, but I'm not going to do it...)

purpelina
01-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Okay, so this is weird. I have a 2009 triumph, which is not supposed to have the swivel hood. The other day, my mom is pushing my LO in it and I look over and the hood is tilted downward! I ask her what she did (kind of accusatory, because I think she broke my triumph, which is already on it's second hood, thanks to the airlines), she looks at me like I'm nutso and says, "I pushed it forward, it's supposed to do it, see it's on these hinges." and pushes it back and forth. I still maintain it's not supposed to though... (I have not played with one that does do it, so I can't tell you for sure, but I'm not going to do it...)

Here, here! I did the same with the purple triumph at a baby store! After I posted about it here, I started thinking I broke it... But it tilted!
Also, I remember, that even with older models that are supposed to tilt there's a "right" and "wrong" way to attach the hood, when the tiny hinges are looking up or to the side. I don't know how to properly describe it, and don't have a mac on hand to take a pic...