PDA

View Full Version : install in and oddyssey

cckwmh
01-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I am finally switching from latch to the seat belt in our cars. We have a 2008 oddyssey. currently I have the +1 seat removed and the captains chair on the passenger side in the middle position. so the pass through to the 3rd row is at the passenger side door. DD is in a frontier, harnessed, in the passenger seat slid into the middle. This may seem like a really stupid question, but I need to use the seat belt from the passenger side rather than from the middle of the car due to where the seatbelt fastens into the seat. Is it safe to have the seat belt pulled over the pass through space, then through the chair to the seatbelt fastner?

It totally defeats the purpose of having the 3rd row access at the passenger side door.

bubbaray
01-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes, you need to use the passenger outboard 2nd row belt, that comes from the door, even if you have that seat slid over towards the center. Yes, it is awkward. You may want to switch seats around, have the FR in the driver's side captains chair and any other seat installed via LATCH on the passenger side captains chair.

cckwmh
01-03-2011, 09:47 PM
thanks! that is what i thought - just wanted to make sure. it really does look akward. i think i will move the seat to the drivers side.

HIU8
01-03-2011, 10:11 PM
I had the same setup (Ody 2006). I moved the passenger 2nd row captains chair back outboard and moved it back enough so that it's still fairly easy to pass through the center (also took out the 8th seat). I feel it works better than the side loading to the 3rd row.