PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Buggy Duo vs Bob Revolution Duallie

Mrs.Christie
01-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Sorry to post about my dilema yet again. I don't think I'll stop obsessing until I make a decision.

So I've determined that the BJ smit xc double did not meet my needs as the suspension was too stiff and the tires too narrow. To replace it I'm thinking of either the MB Duo or the Bob revo duallie.

I'm really not in a hurry as #2 won't be here until June, but I'd like to snag a good deal as soon as I've decided. My needs: kids 19 months apart, looking for a squishy type suspension that can handle rough terrain smoothly, outdoors only, will only be put in vehicle occasionally, needs to fit in back of Kia Sedona.

Pros and cons of each:

MB Duo pros:
-styling and color options
-4 wheels for added stability
-large basket that's easy to get into
-smaller width-wise

MB Duo cons:
-more expensive (so far the best deal I see is $679 with carry cot and raincover)
-bulky fold

Bob pros:
-lower price ($430 for 2010)
-great canopy
-resale is very strong
-16" rear tires

Bob cons:
-only 3 wheels may be unstable if toddler hops out
-looks, sorry I'm just not a fan

It seems like the mb duo wins for me, but the price is pretty steep. Do you think they will be discounted when the 2011 models come out, and if do when will they be released? Then again the bob is already much cheaper and bob fans rave about the push. Is there any consensus as to which double has better suspension and push? Advice?

strollerqueen
01-04-2011, 02:33 AM
You can get a NZ made MB Urban double on Ebay for way cheaper. Some people don't like the single canopy, but that hasn't been a problem for us. I have the Elite, which comes with thick, fleecy seat pads, upgraded soft cotton canvas fabric, suspension, diaper bag, cupholder, and padded shoulder harness.

Mrs.Christie
01-04-2011, 02:37 AM
Can you use a carrycot with the older single canopy version?

You can get a NZ made MB Urban double on Ebay for way cheaper. Some people don't like the single canopy, but that hasn't been a problem for us. I have the Elite, which comes with thick, fleecy seat pads, upgraded soft cotton canvas fabric, suspension, diaper bag, cupholder, and padded shoulder harness.

strollerqueen
01-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Can you use a carrycot with the older single canopy version?

Absolutely! :thumbsup: I just looked, and they start at $479. But I would pay a bit more and get the better fabric, seat pads, diaper bag, etc. on the Elite. They have some listed there for $549. Their retail was over $1,000 before they were bought out by Phil and Ted's, so that is a very good deal.

strollerqueen
01-04-2011, 02:46 AM
BTW, a while back some of the discount sites were clearancing out the MB Urban Jungle Doubles with carrycots for around $399! A lot of people bought them because they were super deals, but they never used the carrycots. You could put an ISO on Strollerswap for the bassinette, and I bet you could find a new one for pretty cheap.

strollerqueen
01-04-2011, 03:01 AM
Btw, there are some on Ebay right now. Just make sure you get the carrycot for the double stroller, and not the single. They are different widths, and so are not interchangeable.

arivecchi
01-04-2011, 11:51 AM
You can definitely find Duos for way cheaper than that. Stroller websites have discounts on MBs from time to time and you can also make a best offer to an ebay seller. My guess is you can get one for around $500. I also think the mountain buggy website is currently offering a free carrycot. You might also want to try calling zulily. They had Duos with carrycots and storm covers for a little over $500 not long ago. Maybe they have returns. I much prefer the new MB Duo for the huge canopies!

arivecchi
01-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Pros and cons of each:

MB Duo pros:
-styling and color options
-4 wheels for added stability
-large basket that's easy to get into
-smaller width-wise
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLEBAR
- COMES WITH BUMPER BAR AND BOTTLE HOLDER
- NARROW AND SHORTER - 27 INCHES IN THE FRONT AND THE HANDLEBAR (WIDEST POINT - IS 29 INCHES)
- METAL FOOTWELL
- CANOPIES WITH SUN VISORS WHICH GO ALL THE WAY DOWN TO BUMPER BAR
- ROTATING CANOPIES

MB Duo cons:
-more expensive (so far the best deal I see is $679 with carry cot and raincover)
-bulky fold
- HARNESSES ARE HARD TO RE-THREAD (NOT A BIGGIE BUT A BIT ANNOYING)

Bob pros:
-lower price ($430 for 2010)
-great canopy
-resale is very strong
-16" rear tires

Bob cons:
-only 3 wheels may be unstable if toddler hops out
-looks, sorry I'm just not a fan

mrsjde
01-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I have a Single Revo and MB Duo... hands down the MB stroll is better than the single Bob.

nmstrong
01-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I have a new mountain buggy urban single and I find the push very comparable to a single bob revolution. The only thing I have find (I hike on trails and up hills a lot) is that the mb feels tippier, maybe because it is narrower? This would not affect you on normal streets. Also the seat on the bob is bigger. Measurement were posyed on the other board, and you can definitly tell the difference. I am pretty hapoy with it thpugh. Love the sleek way it looks.
Also I think you can find crazy deals on the older mbuds there r about 5 on my local craigslist, some as low as 80$ so if you want to go with an older model it would be very affordable.

nmstrong
01-04-2011, 05:06 PM
I have owned an earlier model and the push was fab. How cute is this purple
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bab/2140025068.html
And how gorgeous is this:
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bab/2135231607.html
Oh my gosh I am salivating I love that print so much!

arivecchi
01-04-2011, 05:15 PM
This ebay seller is an authorized seller and accepts best offer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mountain-Buggy-Duo-Flint-Dot-Baby-Twin-Double-Stroller-/230534667712?pt=Strollers&hash=item35acefddc0

Mrs.Christie
01-04-2011, 07:38 PM
How is the mb duo for taller kids? I know the seat width on the
mb is smaller and that doesn't bother me, but dd has been around 95% for height since birth. Bobs aren't good for tall kids, right.

When will the 2011 duos come out? I'm wondering if I'll see more deals then. Waiting a while to buy would actually work out better since it is quite a bit more than the bj summit was.

arivecchi
01-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Neither the Duallie nor the Duo have super tall seatbacks. My 42 inch tall DS still fits in the Duo.

strollerqueen
01-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Neither the Duallie nor the Duo have super tall seatbacks. My 42 inch tall DS still fits in the Duo.

Your LO's fit better in the Valco TriMode, right? Maybe she can look at that.

arivecchi
01-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Your LO's fit better in the Valco TriMode, right? Maybe she can look at that. He had the most room in the BJCCD. The Valco was very roomy too. I would have to pull my pics of him in the Valco but that was almost a year ago so DS1 is taller now. His head is in front of the canopy of the Duo when it is closed but he fits with it extended. He loves the canopy in our Duo. He pulls it down himself and says he is in his cave. LOL. DS2 on the other hand, likes to have the canopy pulled back. Good thing they are separate canopies!