PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Mac Albert Thurston

cntrymoon2
01-04-2011, 03:27 AM
We are going on a Disney Cruise next week and decided to get an umbrella because it's easier to travel with. I am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a AL from the current diapers.com sale (plus a 15% off code). I need suggestions on what accessories I'll need. I'm new to Macs- currently have a BJCM with a Sunshine kids parent console, BJ snack tray, a mommy hook, and stroller hooks. This works perfect because I can hang the diaper bag on the hooks and I like the Sunshine Kids console for our drinks. I am not in love with the Baby Jogger snack tray. In any case, will that SK console work on a Mac? What about those mesh stroller bags? I'm also thinking about a Skip Hop Saddle bag to use with Albert on the cruise next week, since I won't be able to hang my diaper bag on my stroller anymore. Anyone have input on the saddle bags? Is there any way to add snack trays or snack caddys to Macs?
Please tell me how you customize your Macs for maximum utility!

poohbear
01-04-2011, 11:49 AM
We are going on a Disney Cruise next week and decided to get an umbrella because it's easier to travel with. I am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a AL from the current diapers.com sale (plus a 15% off code). I need suggestions on what accessories I'll need. I'm new to Macs- currently have a BJCM with a Sunshine kids parent console, BJ snack tray, a mommy hook, and stroller hooks. This works perfect because I can hang the diaper bag on the hooks and I like the Sunshine Kids console for our drinks. I am not in love with the Baby Jogger snack tray. In any case, will that SK console work on a Mac? What about those mesh stroller bags? I'm also thinking about a Skip Hop Saddle bag to use with Albert on the cruise next week, since I won't be able to hang my diaper bag on my stroller anymore. Anyone have input on the saddle bags? Is there any way to add snack trays or snack caddys to Macs?
Please tell me how you customize your Macs for maximum utility!

2 skip hop saddle bags would be great for Al (1 for each side). I do not like the SK caddy on my Al. You can also attach an organizer (amazon had the Mac organizer on sale for $13) to the back. I use snack traps attached to tethers (I like the booginhead ones the best). I've found Mommy hooks don't work so well on the Macs...
I do use the Munchkin cupholder. It sometimes unhooks, but it is a great $7 cupholder...
HTH!
Feel free to pm me if you have any other ?s...

PS - i love Al, though I have not traveled with him. I have a Triumph for travel. Either is a good bet. I'd recommend getting a padded bag if you travel with Al :) Also, you may want to check strollerswap, I believe someone was selling their Albert Thurston fairly reasonably - would be a better deal than diapers.com...

cntrymoon2
01-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks, Poohbear! Al is here, and I'm in love :-)

How do you do two saddle bags? I've got one on the left side and it's perfect, but wouldn't the right side interfere with the locking latch?

Now my issue is that I really, really don't want to take Al in the sand. He's just too nice. But size wise, it'd be so much easier to navigate with him on the cruise ship and in a crowded stateroom. It's just the sand issue when we're at Castaway Cay.

poohbear
01-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks, Poohbear! Al is here, and I'm in love :-)

How do you do two saddle bags? I've got one on the left side and it's perfect, but wouldn't the right side interfere with the locking latch?

Now my issue is that I really, really don't want to take Al in the sand. He's just too nice. But size wise, it'd be so much easier to navigate with him on the cruise ship and in a crowded stateroom. It's just the sand issue when we're at Castaway Cay.

I don't fold the stroller with the bag on - I always take it off (I have too much in there to fold it), so it won't interfere. I've put it on both sides and never had a problem, just position it around the latch if that makes sense.

I can't help ya with the sand ;) Can you bring a carrier for when you go through the sand? I don't think any umbrella would do great in sand...

cntrymoon2
01-07-2011, 12:09 AM
I didn't even think about just taking the saddle bags off- good point :) Especially since I don't think I'll have to fold and unfold too much.

I don't think we'll have far to go in the sand, it's just that I can't stand the thought of sand getting all up in the stroller. I bought a protect-a-bub shade to extend the Al canopy so we can walk around the island. I'm thinking we might skip the beach entirely and just ride bikes and walk around the island, then go back to the ship. Last time I tried DD at the beach was August, and all she wanted to do was eat the sand. I don't know how much she'll be over that at 15 months.

Thank you so much (and arivecchi, too!) for all your Al posts- they really helped me decide to take the plunge, and I'm in love with him!

arivecchi
01-07-2011, 12:47 AM
I do fold my Al with a saddle bag. :) Love Al. Enjoy!