PDA

View Full Version : Bob or BJCM if I can only have 1 stroller?

success
01-04-2011, 11:04 AM
I need help picking the best stroller for my needs. I can only afford (and have space to keep) 1 stroller. I'll be using it from birth on. Reviews for the Bob seem great, but is it too big to lug in and out of the car?

I like to walk (with snow in the winter) and want it to handle well (and last), but I'm not going to be going over any crazy terrain. I also don't want it to be a beast when running errands. This is why I thought maybe the bjcm might be better? Does it handle well outdoors, though? And in snow?

Or is there a better option? The bob is already at the top of my price range and I can't afford anything more expensive.

Thanks

poohbear
01-04-2011, 10:03 PM
I need help picking the best stroller for my needs. I can only afford (and have space to keep) 1 stroller. I'll be using it from birth on. Reviews for the Bob seem great, but is it too big to lug in and out of the car?

I like to walk (with snow in the winter) and want it to handle well (and last), but I'm not going to be going over any crazy terrain. I also don't want it to be a beast when running errands. This is why I thought maybe the bjcm might be better? Does it handle well outdoors, though? And in snow?

Or is there a better option? The bob is already at the top of my price range and I can't afford anything more expensive.

Thanks

I have both. If I had to have just one, and I was going to primarily run errands, use it in and out of the car, I'd probably go with the BJCM. It's fine in slush, but I would not use it in snow per se if I didn't have to. When I go walking, I use my BOB. However, if you are just going on sidewalks, a BJCM is fine, just not as smooth as the BOB (which has huge air tires and a suspension)

What you may want to look at is the MB Swift. It is a bit pricier at $420, but sometimes you can find them for 20% off, bringing it down to $336 or the price of a BOB. It is sort of a cross between a BOB and a BJCM. It has smaller air tires, which would help on your walks, but not be a beast in malls...

lhafer
01-04-2011, 11:02 PM
I would say either the MB Swift or the Baby Jogger Elite. That way you get a *smaller* stroller but with air tires. Not sure how much smaller than the BOB they are. I just see people on here mention how beastly it is to get the BOB in and out of cars. The Elite will have the same fold as the BJCM, but just a little bigger frame.

roseyloxs
01-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Sounds like the BOB would be overkill for most of your uses. So I would vote for the BJCM. However I think you should also look into the bumberide indie. It has a similar footprint as the bjcm but has air tires. It's also light and compact for an AT stroller. Watch for the 2010s to go on sale when the 2011 comes out.