PDA

View Full Version : Is Kut a juniors brand?

DrSally
01-04-2011, 10:25 PM
In looking at jeans, I liked Kut and W brand at Nordstrom Rack, although I could not find what I wanted in petite. I also saw a Kut brand khaki trench coat and it was cute, but the styling seemed sort of juniors. Is this a juniors brand. I suppose it doesn't matter if I like it. Just wondering. Has anyone tried the W brand jeans? I liked the fit, but the flap pocket attracted too much attention to my behind.

crl
01-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't think Kut is juniors. Were the sizes even or odd? Evens are misses, odds are juniors.

Catherine

DrSally
01-04-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't think Kut is juniors. Were the sizes even or odd? Evens are misses, odds are juniors.

Catherine

Oh, good point. I think they were even. The trench was a medium, but still quite snug.

Octobermommy
01-05-2011, 01:43 AM
I love kut jeans. They are misses, not junior. Unfortunately, I think thy stopped makig petites. I have a pair from nordstrom I bought in late 2009 but the saleslady at norstrom told me they didn't make them anymore. The jeans run about .5 size big IMO.

TwinFoxes
01-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Kut is definitely not juniors, I have a couple of pairs. Let's just say my junior days are "behind" me, if you get my drift. ;)

DrSally
01-05-2011, 11:17 AM
I love kut jeans. They are misses, not junior. Unfortunately, I think thy stopped makig petites. I have a pair from nordstrom I bought in late 2009 but the saleslady at norstrom told me they didn't make them anymore. The jeans run about .5 size big IMO.

Browsing Nordstrom website, I only saw one pair of Kut Petites (and they were pants, not jeans) :( The pair I saw was at The Rack, but they were skinny. I loved the way the rest of the jean fit, but I don't need more skinny leg jeans. The trench I got was at TJ Max (for $29 on clearance). I think it's good quality and has some unique styling. It does have a tighter fit, which I found looking at reviews online, that KUT jackets tend to run small (which is why I thought they were juniors).

DrSally
01-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Kut is definitely not juniors, I have a couple of pairs. Let's just say my junior days are "behind" me, if you get my drift. ;)

:) Maybe that's why I liked the fit on me!

maylips
01-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I have the Kut trouser pants and a pair of Kut cords and I.LOVE.THEM. Especially for the price. I reach for them as often as I reach for my designer jeans. I'm tall, but I do have to wear flats with both, though, especially after I washed them. So even if you're petite, you may could wear them with heels.

I didn't size up or down and the size 6's fit me perfectly. What I love is that they cover the muffin top but don't look like mom jeans at ALL. And have I mentioned how good the price is for quality?

DrSally
01-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Well, now that I'm looking for some wedge shoes, maybe I should try them again with a 2" heel. My petite jeans are actually a bit too short for me, even with flats (but the regulars are too long, of course).