PDA

View Full Version : Just impulsively bought a Pacific

applepiesf
01-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Hello. I'm mostly a lurker, but I'm stepping out looking for some shopping moral support. I just ordered a 2011 I'coo Pacific in Espresso from livingincomfort.com for 10% off. I wasn't planning to buy a stroller tonight, but the site claimed the discount code was about to expire. I have never seen one in person, but after months of agonizing feel pretty sure the Pacific will be the right stroller for us. I don't think the 2011 models are even shipping yet, but the baby isn't due until March so there's no rush.

Anyone with the Pacific want to tell me this was a good purchase? :)

Andi

npl
01-05-2011, 10:03 AM
I almost bought it. But, it was awkward for me to lift to put in the trunk, because I'm short and not strong! And dh is so incredibly tall with long legs that he wasn't totally comfortable pushing it. In the end, I also decided I wanted a more compact fold.
Having said all that, I sometimes still wonder if I should buy it, because I've been procrastinating over what stroller I should get.

applepiesf
01-05-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure about the fold/size either, but I guess I'm committed now! I was torn between the Pacific and the Vista, but I like not having a separate bassinet and not paying $200 more. I read a review here that said the Vista fold is more compact but harder to fold with the seat in parent facing. I like the idea of being able to fold the Pacific in whatever configuration I have the seat. I just probably won't have room for much else in the back of the car.

With our first baby, I had a stroller with an umbrella fold that weighed about 17 pounds. I was always frustrated with the small and hard to access basket and wished it was easier to push with one hand. I also like the idea of parent facing this time around. We'll see if the features are worth the tradeoff of a bulky fold and heavier stroller.

Good luck deciding what to get!

npl
01-05-2011, 02:09 PM
applepeisf - I could have written that post! In fact, I think I have! I was just at TRU and tried out the BJCM, and still don't like it, and the Maclaren Triumph and Quest, and didn't find anything I like. I hate that all the handles are taller than the stroller I'm using now (which has no basket, a couple of dodgy wheels that are threatening to fall off, and the seat fabric is wearing through at the end of the frame).
But, with baby now nearly 9mo, I'm thinking I might just go with the umberella stroller for the car, as I have an old peg pram for outdoors. I really thought I'd like a peg pliko switch, but the lowest position of the handlebars is still too high!