PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend hand soap

TwoBees
01-05-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm looking for a non-antibacterial liquid hand soap that is NOT a foaming soap. Thanks.

artvandalay
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Softsoap Milk Protein and Honey.

It's the only handsoap that does not dry out my hands. It is not foaming and is not antibacterial. I don't like to use antibacterial handsoap, either. You can also find the big, refillable jug of this. I've found it at Target.

jvs195
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
We all have sensitive skin so I use the Method Naked soap (I do put in foaming pump bottles to make it last longer)

http://www.soap.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=6820

jse107
01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Trader Joes Tea Tree Oil handsoap. No SLS either.

RunnerDuck
01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
By not foam do you mean doesn't make lather or isn't in one of those foaming pumpers?

Indianamom2
01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Softsoap Milk Protein and Honey.

It's the only handsoap that does not dry out my hands. It is not foaming and is not antibacterial. I don't like to use antibacterial handsoap, either. You can also find the big, refillable jug of this. I've found it at Target.

:yeahthat:

TwoBees
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
By not foam do you mean doesn't make lather or isn't in one of those foaming pumpers?

One that isn't in a foaming pumper.

Twoboos
01-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Another vote for Softsoap milk & honey. It smells delish.

If you want to spend more $$ Burt's Bees has some nice ones. I save those up to use in Winter only though, b/c they are expensive but don't dry out my hands as much as regular soap. When I find a bargain, I stock up.

bubbaray
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Just wondering why non-foaming?

I have been making my own hand soap using Dr. Bronners castille soap & distilled water in a foaming soap dispenser (my ever-attractive Method ones). Its the only soap that really d/n bother my hands. Prior to them discontinuing it, I used the TJs castille soap (which I preferred).

I also use SoftSoap in the kitchen (the regular version in the large refill from Walmart) and it is OK, but not as mild as the foaming one I make. That is my one last refill to replace with the foaming soap in the house.

RunnerDuck
01-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Just wondering why non-foaming?

I have been making my own hand soap using Dr. Bronners castille soap & distilled water in a foaming soap dispenser (my ever-attractive Method ones). Its the only soap that really d/n bother my hands. Prior to them discontinuing it, I used the TJs castille soap (which I preferred)..

Oooooh this works well??? I know you can't put DB's in a pump because it will make little soap boogers that cause soap to shoot 8 feet across the room when they break loose - but does diluting it and putting it in the foamer stop that? I LOVE the almond...

In my kitchen now I have Mrs Meyers which is non antibacterial and not foaming.

I can't stand the smell of milk and honey because we used it when my son was a newborn and I was doing the neurotic first time parent constant hand wash ... so to me I smell it and I think sore raw hands and sleep deprivation...

hillview
01-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Similar to Melissa, we use Dr. Bronners castille soap only in a regular dispenser and water it down some. I don't love the smell but it is okay.
/hillary

Uno-Mom
01-07-2011, 08:08 PM
we use Trader Joe's lavendar soap. Smells great! Not very perfumed, just mild.

DrSally
01-07-2011, 10:44 PM
I have both the softsoap and TJ's lavendar soap.

ETA: And the castille soap (diluted).

ChristinaLucia
01-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Trader Joe's Next To Godliness, Hand Soap, Lavender & Chamomile. $2.99 for 17 oz. Last time I went in there I bought 10.

Katigre
01-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Love the Trader Joe's soap with the purple label!

MommyAllison
01-08-2011, 12:58 AM
We used Method for quite a while, then switched to Dr Bronners peppermint castille soap. We water down in a foamer as well.

srhs
01-08-2011, 01:00 AM
We use pure & natural, also diluting in reused pump to make last longer.

crl
01-08-2011, 01:57 AM
Trader Joe's Next To Godliness, Hand Soap, Lavender & Chamomile. $2.99 for 17 oz. Last time I went in there I bought 10.

We use this too.

Ingredients: natural and plant derived surfactants, earth salts, lavender oil, chamomile oil, tea tree oil, grapefruit seed oil, tocopherol (vitamin E), water

Catherine

daniele_ut
01-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Oooooh this works well??? I know you can't put DB's in a pump because it will make little soap boogers that cause soap to shoot 8 feet across the room when they break loose - but does diluting it and putting it in the foamer stop that? I LOVE the almond...

I've been using diluted Almond Dr. Bronner's in my foaming pump for 2 years and it works just fine. I use about 1/4 soap and 3/4 water.

WatchingThemGrow
01-08-2011, 09:39 PM
We use Dr. Bronners in a Pampered Chef Suds Pump.

Nechums
01-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Another vote for Dr Bronners diluted in a foam pump. I add some tea tree oil in the kitchen pump for some antibacterial action, but I think it might dry my hands out.

kochh2
01-09-2011, 10:54 AM
ALso love the TJ's lavener soap, as well as Canus goat milk soap, and EO lavender as well... I try to use the foaming pump, and it's hit or miss... sometimes it works well, other times, it's just a mess...

robinsmommy
01-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Yep, Dr. Bronner's baby mild soap in a reused foaming dispenser. The first set of foaming containers had the "spring" die, so we're on set 2.