PDA

View Full Version : Trading Pin and Photopass Question

MSWR0319
01-05-2011, 02:57 PM
We're going to DW next month and I just thought of a couple quick questions! Unfortunately for all of you, I'm sure there will be more :)

DS is only 2.5 do we need to get him some trading pins?? I don't really see him being all that interested, but then again I've never been to DW myself and have no clue!

Also, we'll be in the parks for 3 days - 2 in MK and 1 in AK. We figured he's young enough that should be sufficient and we can see the rest another time when he's older. That being said, will the photopass CD benefit us? I wasn't sure how many pictures we could get in 3 days. I'd love to be able to get some of all 3 of us, but just wasn't sure if it was worth the cost for only 3 days.

Thanks

crl
01-05-2011, 03:40 PM
You can buy individual prints. So if you don't think you would have enough pictures to be worth the cost of the CD, you should still get a photo pass card and let them take pictures.

We had about 90 pictures on ours after 5 days in the parks. I'd say about half of them were good enough to want a print and about 10-15 were very good. We did a lot of character stuff though and most of the characters in the parks had a photo pass photographer with them.

Catherine

egoldber
01-05-2011, 03:49 PM
I would not do the pin trading at that age. They don't really get that a trade is "forever", KWIM? It seems to be mainly older kids and adults that are into it.

We only bought the PhotoPass CD once and I don't personally think it is worth it. You can get the card and choose individual prints. The PhotoPass photographers will also happily take pix with your camera as well.

Dream
01-05-2011, 04:13 PM
What's the cost of the photopass CD?

DebbieJ
01-05-2011, 04:26 PM
If you prepurchase the photopass CD it's $99.

Dream
01-05-2011, 04:54 PM
If you prepurchase the photopass CD it's $99.

That's $99 for any number of pics in the CD?

TwinFoxes
01-05-2011, 05:18 PM
I would not do the pin trading at that age. They don't really get that a trade is "forever", KWIM? It seems to be mainly older kids and adults that are into it.

:yeahthat: Not to mention the choking hazard.

To PP, it's $99 for the CD no matter the number of photos. But that's the pre-paid price. I loved photo pass because I'm usually the photographer and was sick of never being in the photos! I did notice that at the character greets, the photographers assistant (or maybe it was the character's handler) took photos with guests' cameras, the photographer didn't. This was only at character spots. I didn't notice elsewhere.

Honestly though, for just 3 days I don't know if you'd get enough photos to make the CD worthwhile.

Dream
01-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Thank you

crl
01-05-2011, 06:44 PM
I am mostly glad we did the prepaid cd. But we also own the rights to the pics now and made some calendars with them and will give a copy of the cd to the set of grandparents that went with us. So we got more mileage out of them than I think people ordinarily would.

If I hadn't gotten the cd, I would definitely have bought several prints, which is probably more cost effective. You can check the rate of purchasing prints on the website to compare.

Catherine

crl
01-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Oh, and we did not do the trading pins. DS is 7 and I don't think he even noticed it going on though I saw some people doing it.

Catherine

cckwmh
01-06-2011, 11:18 AM
we went last month and my 4 y.o traded tons of pins. i wasn't planning on it, but she noticed people wearing them and would ask to see them. one CM asked if she wanted to trade - and it took off from there. pins are expensive. next time we go i am going to buy soe on ebay prior to going so she can trade them.

she did not have an autograph book and never said anything about every other kid having them - but she loved the pins!