PDA

View Full Version : Help with full recline reversible seat stroller

Blackbird711
01-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I hope you'll all forgive me if this list can be found in another thread, but I've been digging and haven't been able to find much so I thought I'd put it to the group.

I'm hoping to get a sense of my options for a lie-flat/full recline (so suitable from birth or at least a few-weeks-old-newborn) stroller with reversible seat (so it can face forward or face me). Ideally something lightweight-ish with a good fold and a good-size easily accesible storage basket, and if it can fit a second child later on, great too. Having a seperate bassinet is optional, not a dealbreaker either way. Not a jogger so that's not a concern either.

I've been looking at things like the bee and vista, but would hope that there are some other options out there that are a bit more reasonably priced. I would prefer to spend in the $400 range but $600 is not out of the question if the stroller is just the right fit.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

roseyloxs
01-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Mamas and papas urbo
bumbleride flyer
bugaboo frog
that's all that's coming to mind right now but I know there are more.

candaceb
01-05-2011, 04:53 PM
You could also look at a used Vista or Bee and then it would be in your price range. I have a Vista and love it. I used a snuzzler from the time he moved out of the bassinet at 2 months until about 4 months, and that made the seat fit him better.

Keep an eye out for deals too - watch here and sign up for stroller swap. Recently someone was able to snag a Vista for about $500.

jacksmoma
01-05-2011, 05:28 PM
i have a bee that i love. very light and small fold so if you are in/out of the car a lot you will love it! there are a few cool reversibles so you just need to narrow down what you really need in your stroller (light, big basket, small fold, big seat etc!)...GL!

nmstrong
01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
valco rad
icandy cherry (LOVE THIS ONE)
mamas and papas sola
bumbleride flyer
all easily reversible and have a flat recline I think...............and all 400 or less
or you could buy a used bee or vista, I have both and love them.....

AidanRyanMom
01-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I just bought a vista for 15% off on Christmas eve from baby on the run.... it ended up being around $575. If you have your heart set on that or the bee, keep watching the boards and I bet you will be able to find a sale. Good luck with your search.

poohbear
01-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Does the indigo or wave recline flat? Of course, those are way less expensive. Personally, I would go the pre-owned route. Check strollerswap or CL. You should be able to find a reasonably priced Bug or vista...

Albeebaby has the 2010 vista in orange for $549 shipped right now (in stock)
http://www.albeebaby.com/uppa-baby-2010-vista-stroller-alex-orange.html

alirebco
01-05-2011, 09:21 PM
My first thought was Uppa Baby Vista especially for the 2nd child.

applepiesf
01-06-2011, 01:39 AM
I just ordered an I'coo Pacific, which is under $500 for the 2011 model. I've seen the 2010 models on sale for around $325. I don't have it yet so can't comment on how much I do or don't like it, but it has a reversible seat that lies flat.

strollerqueen
01-06-2011, 04:59 AM
valco rad
icandy cherry (LOVE THIS ONE)
mamas and papas sola
bumbleride flyer
all easily reversible and have a flat recline I think...............and all 400 or less
or you could buy a used bee or vista, I have both and love them.....

Oh yes, the Sola that's FS on Swap would be perfect! :bouncy: Love the Sola. So pretty and unique! :love5:

Blackbird711
01-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks everyone! This is SO helpful. I'm going to look in-depth at some of the options and then I'm sure I'll be back with more quesions :)