PDA

View Full Version : Need help with repairing stroller

keeley146
01-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Hey ladies! I'm hoping you can help me with kind of a how to on lubricating my wheels of my pliko p3. I just got it off craigslist and now I'm not so in love. The front wheels are very "sticky" in that they don't want to swivel easily. The feel like they need some lubrication, but I'm not sure what kind to use. I know some of you have given your strollers a tune up so I would appreciate if you could share with me what you do to make them run a bit smoother. Thanks! :)

Neelloc
01-06-2011, 01:07 PM
I use a silicone spray on my P3 wheels. Give them a goood squirt, spin them, and squirt again. I think I bought the spray at Target.

bubbaray
01-06-2011, 01:58 PM
yup, silicone spray. Its in the automotive section.

roseyloxs
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
:yeahthat:

I found some at home depot.

keeley146
01-06-2011, 04:11 PM
I have some of that. I will give that a try. Thank you! I hope it does the trick!

jacksmoma
01-06-2011, 05:38 PM
i just use dw-40 since that's what i already have and it works fine too :) maybe wash off entire wheel area first with a hose to make sure you get all the dirt/gravel etc out then dry then spray away...

RunnerDuck
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM
your random useless fact for the day... wd-40 means "water displacement 40th attempt"... and it is god's gift to moms when it comes to getting sticker goo off of things... LOL

jacksmoma
01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
your random useless fact for the day... wd-40 means "water displacement 40th attempt"... and it is god's gift to moms when it comes to getting sticker goo off of things... LOL

lol thanks! will impress a man with that someday...!!

RunnerDuck
01-06-2011, 05:52 PM
when we bought our house the previous owners had contact papered every surface in the kitchen (drawers/cabinets....) ... and then took the paper OFF, leaving us with goo. I tried a few things to get it off before hitting upon WD-40 and super fine steel wool... and beer, which numbed my brain just enough to allow me to finish this horrible task. And it worked, wonderfully. The funny thing is when we moved in my dad gave us a can of wd-40 and a stack of blue rags and I was like, OK... weird dad thing... but now it's my magic elixer.

If it's stuck and it shouldn't be - wd-40.

If it isn't stuck and it should be - duct tape.

That's all you need to know.

(Oh but if you ever need to get gum off of something there is a cryogenic spray my dad's mortician friend lent a can of to him... that is amazing for gum... "freezing type gum remover..." ... it's like those freezing wart removers, on steroids...)

bubbaray
01-06-2011, 05:52 PM
i just use dw-40 since that's what i already have and it works fine too :) maybe wash off entire wheel area first with a hose to make sure you get all the dirt/gravel etc out then dry then spray away...

In long term, WD40 will cause WORSE performance -- dirt is attracted to it.

keeley146
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
since I just got this thing used, is there anything else I should know about getting it in tip top shape? I've already washed the seat in the washer and that came out looking good and now I've greased the wheels. Anything else? I'm anxious for my daughter to wake up from her nap so I can try out the wheels and see how they do. :)

bubbaray
01-06-2011, 06:19 PM
You can wash the frame (including the wheels) with a liquid detergent and a scrub brush. I like Dawn. I use hot/warm water to help get off the old grease, which could have dirt in it (affects wheel performance).

A P3 should run into the ground. If there is still life in the wheels (tread/rubber wise), then it should be fine used. If they are really not fixable, you can always get new wheels from Peg Perego.

Neelloc
01-06-2011, 06:21 PM
since I just got this thing used, is there anything else I should know about getting it in tip top shape? I've already washed the seat in the washer and that came out looking good and now I've greased the wheels. Anything else? I'm anxious for my daughter to wake up from her nap so I can try out the wheels and see how they do. :)

In wintertime, I've given my strollers a "bath". Literally. Thrown them into the bathtub and used the shower to hose them down and clean them. Works like a charm. :jammin: