PDA

View Full Version : Kirkland dishwasher detergent

kcimato
01-06-2011, 09:19 PM
We love Costco's powdered dishwasher detergent. Had our 2 boxes what seems like forever. Went to get more and they said they didn't have it nor did the other 3 stores in the area. Has anyone used it recently? Can you recommend your brand that isn't a gel?

avd3875
01-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I haven't seen the green boxes at our Costco in many, many months. I think they stopped making it. I loved that stuff. We tried the gel, it was lousy, and we tried the Kirkland environmentally friendly powder (white box, I think). It was also lousy, so now we buy the Cascade powder. It's not as wonderful as the green box Kirkland, but it's better than the other options we've tried.

Mrs.Christie
01-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Costco had to pull it due to new laws regarding sulfates. Some states still allow it, so it may be available in a neghboring state. You probably won't be able to find another brand that works as well since none of them can have the sulfates which cause the detergent to be as effective in the first place. I really liked the old costco powder and the tubs were so handy to have around once empty.

daniele_ut
01-08-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm down to the last couple of scoops in my box of Kirkland powder that I've been using for the past 2.5 years. I picked up a box of powdered Cascade to try, but I am not optimistic!

DebbieJ
01-09-2011, 02:12 AM
We switched to Cascade and have been pleased so far.

swrc00
01-09-2011, 10:09 AM
I haven't seen the green boxes at our Costco in many, many months. I think they stopped making it. I loved that stuff. We tried the gel, it was lousy, and we tried the Kirkland environmentally friendly powder (white box, I think). It was also lousy, so now we buy the Cascade powder. It's not as wonderful as the green box Kirkland, but it's better than the other options we've tried.

:yeahthat:

We also tried a variety and Cascade is the only one that does a decent job.

kcimato
01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks. We picked up a package of Cascade complete tablets and so far so good. Time will tell.