PDA

View Full Version : BabyPlanet Unity Sport

mafried
01-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Anyone have this stroller or seen it in person? I like that it COULD be one handed steering and the seats look pretty roomy, but hard to tell w/o seeing it in person. I hate how narrow the seats are on the twin Maclarens. Any other double umbrellas to consider?

RunnerDuck
01-07-2011, 12:05 AM
I looked at these when I was pregnant with my girls. I really liked this one and I'd forgotten all about it. If I recall correctly it was super easy to steer and it had this off set in the wheels so you had more leg room when you walked. I was using my 3-going-on-4yo son for a test dummy at the time and I seem to think he fit in this so it was roomy enough. But that was 3 years ago, I hesitate to talk it up too much because it's been so long! But my initial impression was I liked it a lot. I never ended up getting one, though - I thought about it but would have wanted to see it in person befoere ordering to be sure, and we've since moved from CA to PA and there just aren't as many snooty high end baby gear stores here. :D

I don't know that I ever saw it folded up so I can't comment on that and that's a big consideration.

One really cool thing about them is I think they will pay for you to mail it back to them for recycling when it's trashed.

eta - I have never really looked at a maclaren but doubles as a rule tend to have narrower seats - otherwise they wouldn't fit through door ways. I don't know if the maclaren is any worse than any other?