PDA

View Full Version : Problem registering MacLaren Stroller -- helped by Albee Baby

SanFranMom
01-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I bought a MacLaren Triumph stroller and tried to register it online. The website would not accept my serial number, which it claimed was too short. It turned out that all three of their serial number stickers (on the box, on the stroller, and on the manual) had been covered by stickers with shorter numbers, which they would not accept. I was unable to remove the top sticker without also removing part of the bottom sticker and rendering it unreadable.

MacLaren email support said they could not help me, which I thought was unacceptable, given that I bought their stroller new from an authorized reseller.

I contacted the vendor, Albee Baby, and they were very helpful and responsive. I had to send them pictures showing the obscured stickers, and they dealt with MacLaren and ultimately got them to let me register.

Because of the experience, I want to recommend Albee Baby and anti-recommend MacLaren.

poohbear
01-07-2011, 03:00 PM
There have been threads about this - you actually have to register your stroller with Maclaren by calling them directly - you cannot do it online, for some reason the online service does not work. There is an 800 number on their website and they are very sweet and helpful. (Basically the same thing you did by calling albee, but you, as the customer would call Maclaren directly.) Obviously your situation was different, but I'm sure if you would have actually called an spoken with a representative they would have been able to help you resolve the situation.
I'm glad albee was able to help.

I certainly would not be anti-maclaren because of this.

SanFranMom
01-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the info. The problem was not only that I couldn't register online but that their email customer service rep told me they would not help me. If I had been told to phone them, I would have done that.

poohbear
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
That's unfortunate. I have only had positive experiences with their cs reps (both with registering my warranty and when I had product questions and an issue). At any rate, Maclarens are awesome strollers, so hopefully this won't affect your future experience with your Triumph. We love ours :)

SanFranMom
01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I haven't had a chance to use the stroller much so far but am optimistic.

If you'd like to view my post more positively, see it as a shout-out for Albee. It's good to know of a retailer who will intervene with the manufacturer when the customer has a problem.

WatchingThemGrow
01-07-2011, 03:27 PM
There have been threads about this - you actually have to register your stroller with Maclaren by calling them directly - you cannot do it online, for some reason the online service does not work. There is an 800 number on their website and they are very sweet and helpful. (Basically the same thing you did by calling albee, but you, as the customer would call Maclaren directly.) Obviously your situation was different, but I'm sure if you would have actually called an spoken with a representative they would have been able to help you resolve the situation.
I'm glad albee was able to help.

I certainly would not be anti-maclaren because of this.
I was bummed about wasting time to do it online and having the same experience. Calling works! :thumbsup: I want to say that I registered it over the phone, then had to go through albee to get a service order placed. They were good about calling Mac for me, then having Mac call me, send me a shipping label, and return my stroller repaired and with a new canopy within a week. I say thumbs up to both Albee and Mac!

arivecchi
01-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Maclaren CS is great and their strollers are top-notch so I would not not recommend them over something so minor. They should take that register link down though as it clearly does not work.

poohbear
01-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I was bummed about wasting time to do it online and having the same experience. Calling works! :thumbsup: I want to say that I registered it over the phone, then had to go through albee to get a service order placed. They were good about calling Mac for me, then having Mac call me, send me a shipping label, and return my stroller repaired and with a new canopy within a week. I say thumbs up to both Albee and Mac!

I had an issue with my canopy - actually i think it was the airline's fault, but Mac was willing to take care of it under warranty. Unfortunately there are no service centers in our area, so BRU ended up taking care of it, but Mac talked to them! All and all it worked out fine, but I was super impressed by how helpful Mac was...