PDA

View Full Version : Juice?

boilermakermom
01-07-2011, 04:21 PM
What brand/flavor of juice do your LO's drink?

DD usually drinks V8 V Fusion, but I think she gets an upset stomach if she drinks too much of it.

hillview
01-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Orange juice and on occasion we have apple juice in the house. We don't do much juice as I don't have a ton of room in the fridge :)
/hillary

LMPC
01-07-2011, 09:00 PM
We do Honest Kids and Organic Apple juice. Some OJ. Always cut with lots of water so it's not so rough on the tummy and not too many calories being consumed.

willow33
01-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Very diluted orange juice

HIU8
01-07-2011, 09:04 PM
DS drinks v8 fusion.

DD drinks v8 fusion and cranberry juice.

They will both drink apple juice, grape juice and white grape juice.

infomama
01-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Very little juice consumption round our place. OJ and on a rare occasion Apple and Eve fruitables. http://www.appleandeve.com/fruitables/

boolady
01-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Very little juice consumption round our place.

We are the same way. We often have o.j., but it's usually because I needed it for a recipe or we are having people over for brunch or something. DD likes apple juice, so every now and then (like 2 or 3 times a year) I'll buy some 100% apple juice. She's used to water and milk, and that's almost entirely what she drinks, though in the summer, she'll have some lemonade on occasion.

Sweetum
01-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Here too very little juice consumption. And when we do buy juice, I prefer buying anything in transparent bottles (after the yucky scare about juice boxes). It's typically Simply Orange and Mott's apple juice (this one is a once in a while thing - for constipation etc)

ABO Mama
01-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Just water for us here. Vary rarely we'll have 100% juice (usually on someone's b-day).

fortato
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
VFusion, Apple, Orange, Newman's Own Lemonade (He's always sneaking it from me!!)
Kool-Aid. Made with sugar. No nutritional value. It's once in a great while, when I am craving the grape stuff. And I'm really ok with that.

catsnkid
01-07-2011, 09:56 PM
We mostly just do a small apple juice box (apple & eve) once every few days as a treat. He will drink orange and pineapple juice for sure as well.

Corie
01-07-2011, 10:02 PM
My son occasionally drinks V8 Splash in Berry Blend
or Sunny D in Tangy Original.

My daughter doesn't like juice.

Allisonsmommy
01-07-2011, 10:53 PM
DD drinks OJ and diluted apple juice. I hate giving her the extra sugar but she has chronic constipation and the doctor says she needs to drink some juice everyday to keep things moving in addition to her stool softener meds.

lhafer
01-07-2011, 11:48 PM
v8 Fusion here. And now for school lunches and snacks I pack a Minute Maid Fruit Falls juice packet (looks like a Capri Sun) but it is flavored water. 5 calories, and <1 gram of sugar.

http://thewholefamily1.blogspot.com/2007/05/minute-maid-fruit-falls-water-vs-capri.html

lhafer
01-07-2011, 11:49 PM
DD drinks OJ and diluted apple juice. I hate giving her the extra sugar but she has chronic constipation and the doctor says she needs to drink some juice everyday to keep things moving in addition to her stool softener meds.

Can she not have yogurt with probotics? Or Danacitiva - which is what I give my daughter who is easily constipated.

smilequeen
01-07-2011, 11:55 PM
I will get them pretty much any organic 100% juice. I used to be totally anti juice, but I've revised my position. I'm a juice in moderation mom these days :) Oh, and I've craved OJ this pregnancy, but the kids don't like it.

tylersmama
01-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Prune juice. :bag

DS tends toward constipation, so his daily juice is usually prune juice. I dilute it 50/50. Sometimes OJ, but generally only if we're out of "purple" juice. He loves apple juice, but I rarely buy it. We don't do a lot of juice in general, typically only with breakfast.

JoyNChrist
01-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Apple juice (usually Mott's or Juicy Juice). Sometimes I cut it with water, sometimes I don't.

He'll occasionally drink orange juice, although that's mostly for me and DH. We have to buy two kinds - no pulp and lots of pulp - because DH loves pulp but I think it's nasty.

DS1 usually drinks milk though.