PDA

View Full Version : military families

Allisonsmommy
01-07-2011, 10:43 PM
I am not new to the BBB but i am new to posting regularly. I am an army wife and was wondering who else on here was a military wife? What branch and where are you stationed at? We are at Fort Meade, MD right now.

Cam&Clay
01-07-2011, 10:44 PM
DH just retired from the Army. We aren't too far away from you in VA. His last post was Ft. Bragg.

Glad to see you on here!

crl
01-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Not any more. My dad was career Army. My FIL was career Air Force. My SIL did one tour in the Marine Corps. My BIL is active duty Air Force. DH spent 13 years in the Marine Corps. I was married to him for 9 of those years. He was stationed in Okinawa, at Quantico and at the Pentagon during that time.

Catherine

denna
01-07-2011, 11:28 PM
I was Air Force until '05 Dh until '07. Our last base was Aviano Italy. Dh is currently a GS13 for the Dept of the AF and is in the Air National Guard. He worksmat Vandenberg AFB CA.

lmwbasye
01-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Army here too. We wish we were at Meade. Currently stationed at Bliss...again. Ugh!! My FIL used to be stationed at Meade. It's a nice area.

crl
01-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Army here too. We wish we were at Meade. Currently stationed at Bliss...again. Ugh!! My FIL used to be stationed at Meade. It's a nice area.

I was born at Ft. Bliss.

Catherine

amldaley
01-08-2011, 01:04 AM
DH is an active duty Marine in Afghanistan right now. He has been in for over 20 already.

I work for the USMC, as well.

We are in the Jacksonville, NC area.

(But we have been stationed all over! Even Ft Meade, MD!)

MMEand1
01-08-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm active Air Force. We currently reside in Texas. My DH was in the Marines but is very happy to now be a brown ID card holder!

OKKiddo
01-08-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm an Army wife (going on 10 years now)....currently at Ft. Leavenworth, Ks--been lots of places and of course have no idea where we're going next, lol!

crl
01-08-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm an Army wife (going on 10 years now)....currently at Ft. Leavenworth, Ks--been lots of places and of course have no idea where we're going next, lol!

Oh, been there too. Leavenworth was Dad's next assignment after Ft. Bliss.

Catherine

Hawkeyewife
01-08-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm a Navy wife, DH currently doing his department head tour. We moved this summer to Norfolk, VA, but we spent 4 years in Pax River, MD (a couple of hours south of Ft Meade).

GonnaBeNana
01-08-2011, 12:59 PM
I am prior AF, now a disabled vet. My husband will retire from the AF this July after 23 years of active duty service. We are currently stationed in Grand Forks (and will retire here). We've also been stationed in the UK, HI and IL. My sister is leaving Columbia, MD after 25+ years. Her DH works for NSA and is moving to Tampa this year.

Beth

Allisonsmommy
01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
wow lots of military folks here! Always a nice thing to see. We like Meade alot. Before this we were at Fort Huachuca, AZ and before that Fort Hood, Texas. DH has been in for almost 7 years.

bluestarfish18
01-08-2011, 04:33 PM
There are TONS of military families on BBB. Try searching through the forums for past military posts.

DH has been active army since 1996, and dragged me into it back in 2002. We recently PCSed from Fort Rucker, Alabama back to Fort Lewis, Wash.

amldaley
01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
There are TONS of military families on BBB. Try searching through the forums for past military posts.

DH has been active army since 1996, and dragged me into it back in 2002. We recently PCSed from Fort Rucker, Alabama back to Fort Lewis, Wash.

Hey lady! I wondered when I would see you pop in on this thread! I knew you had PCS'd but did not realize it was to WA. I am so jealous and so homesick for the Pacific Northwest. Hope you are enjoying your time there!!!

bluestarfish18
01-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Hey lady! I wondered when I would see you pop in on this thread! I knew you had PCS'd but did not realize it was to WA. I am so jealous and so homesick for the Pacific Northwest. Hope you are enjoying your time there!!!

We've been back since July and loving every minute of it!! We just moved from a temporary apartment to a much bigger house the day after Christmas, and I'm pooped!!

When you're back in the area, come visit us!

KrystalS
01-08-2011, 08:10 PM
DH is Army, been in for 8 years. We just PCSed to Fort Hood. Like it so far. This is the first time we have lived on post and I love it. We are walking distance to DDs school and really close to DHs work so he is able to come home a lot during the day.

This is our 3rd duty station, been to Schofield in Hawaii, Carson, and I'm from the Lawton/Ft Sill area so we are there all the time visiting family.

Anyone in the Hood area or have any advice about the area?

kerridean
01-08-2011, 09:23 PM
DH is active duty AF. Lackland.

army_mom
01-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Im an army wife and a soldier. We just PCSd from Fort Hood, TX to Fort Rucker, AL back in November. We'll see where we go in another two years...:D

Allisonsmommy
01-09-2011, 12:10 AM
advice on fort hood:

take advantage of Austin being so close! Also there is a great ikea in round rock. Killeen is kind of a not so great area but harker heights has that new target/shopping center that had just opened when we left. I actually miss being at Fort Hood!

KrystalS
01-09-2011, 11:33 AM
advice on fort hood:

take advantage of Austin being so close! Also there is a great ikea in round rock. Killeen is kind of a not so great area but harker heights has that new target/shopping center that had just opened when we left. I actually miss being at Fort Hood!

I think I may love you! I had NO idea there was an Ikea that close! DH and I were just talking about driving to Dallas to go to ikea, decided not to because DS currently hates the carseat and we don't really want to listen to screaming for 2+ hours!

Love the Target in Harker Heights, I have already been there several times and we've only been here a few weeks!