PDA

View Full Version : Still having trouble with pliko p3 wheels sticking

keeley146
01-08-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm ready to get rid of this stroller. :( The front wheels still are very sticky. I've tried to lubricate them with silicone spray. It's not a problem with them spinning. It's a problem with them swivelling. I almost feel like they want to pull the stroller a different way, like when your tires need to be re-aligned on your car. It feels very creaky/rickety to push and is definitely not a one-hand push. Is this normal for this stroller? The new one I tried in the store seemed like it pushed great. This one is a 2007 I bought used on CL. I'm looking into replacement wheels, but it sounds like that will be kind of pricey. Any suggestions or do you know of any sites to buy wheels from besides the manufacturer? Thanks!

bubbaray
01-08-2011, 06:13 PM
No, it is not normal for that stroller. Do you have the wheels set to swivel or are they locked?

roseyloxs
01-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Can you remove the wheels from the post? I know they are not a quick release but sometimes there is a tab that you can use a screwdriver on to click the wheels out. If you can do something like that I would try and lubricate the inside of the post and reinstall the wheels.

keeley146
01-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Yes, they are set to swivel. I will see if I can take the wheels off to check them out.

keeley146
01-08-2011, 08:57 PM
I popped the wheels off and cleaned them and lubricated them and it helped a tiny bit, but the darn thing still isn't very easy to turn. Is it because I have a 30lb kid in there? It's not bad if it's empty, but add the child and it's a nightmare. Also, the frame itself seems very loose and creaky. Is that normal after a couple years of use?

roseyloxs
01-08-2011, 09:21 PM
sounds like a dud.

bubbaray
01-08-2011, 09:47 PM
P3 frames are supposed to be loose and creaky -- it is part of the suspension and why kids LOVE these strollers.

I can't help with the wheel issue.

keeley146
01-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Ok, good to know about the frame. My daughter really does like the stroller so I want to make it work if possible. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the push on my BJCM. I found a place that can service the stroller and I'm going to call them on Monday to see how much they charge to do so. I'm hoping it's not an arm and a leg. I'm debating if I should cut my losses and sell it and hopefully not take a loss. :(

DebbieJ
01-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Yes, you are spoiled by the push of your BJCM.