PDA

View Full Version : clothes, shoes, and other FUN stuff/ideas for the AG dolls

calv
01-09-2011, 08:39 AM
where do you get everything? got a cute outfit at AC moore, surprisingly the shoes fit as well!! not sure about ALL the shoes from there though. I've yet to check out michaels.

how about other outfits? Target sells stuff right? I think someone said the shoes wont work. how about accessories? do your kids make stuff?

Melaine
01-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Have you looked on YouTube? There are tons of really cute videos, some made by kids with lots of creative ideas. I spent a couple hours one time watching them. I'll try to find what I am talking about.

Melaine
01-09-2011, 09:28 AM
check out this girl, her mom must have an awesome craft supply stash! http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=qAvUo1rNDCs

calv
01-09-2011, 11:43 AM
check out this girl, her mom must have an awesome craft supply stash! http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=qAvUo1rNDCs

the link doesn't show any AG doll stuff. would love any/all links that you find helpful. BTW, what exactly do you type in the search toolbar

anamika
01-09-2011, 12:08 PM
We just got DD her doll so haven't explored the deep dark depths of this - so far we got a dress at our town fair sewed by a local mom, some from AG, and I sewed DD and her doll a matching dress from an online tutorial.
Since I do not want to give you the wrong impression, I will tell you that I'm the least crafty but "doesn't know when to give up when it comes to sewing" mom! And the only reason her doll has a dress was because the first one I made was so small that it fit Rebecca perfectly! :hysterical:

Macy's and Target also seem to sell matching doll and girl outfits.
And if you are brave, you can look at Etsy - once I go down that route, there's no coming back!
Search for 18" doll clothes.

Melaine
01-09-2011, 12:45 PM
the link doesn't show any AG doll stuff. would love any/all links that you find helpful. BTW, what exactly do you type in the search toolbar

hmmmm sorry. It works for me still. the video is AG doll room tour bykittykk.

ehmom
01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
we made food and dishes for my daughter's kaya using sculptey clay. it is pretty easy to work with once you get it pliable and it bakes in the oven. she is 5 and spent the better part of a weekend making food for her doll. it was really fun for her.