PDA

View Full Version : Best umbrella fold / super compact for toddler?

amldaley
01-09-2011, 09:22 AM
So, we have a Rock Star Baby (older model) as our main stroller which I all bit stopped using this summer when I got a new car. I have a hybrid Fusion, so trunk space is limited (and, I will be honest, there is always crap in my trunk for work.) Usage is general, all purpose. Occasionally walks in neighborhood, occassional shopping trips and, in theory, it might pull some tourist duty.

I am looking for something...

*super comfy for 2.5 yo DD that will carry her for a year more or better

*super easy to steer (I am 5'1" and have some hip and back issues, so wrestling a stroller isn't easy)

*VERY slim or short or compact or otherwise space saving fold. (And couldn't this wonderful total package come in under $200 PLEASE! - well, there's always CL)

Obviously a huge basket is a plus, but my main issue is getting in my trunk. If it doesn't fit, it won't get used.

Any ideas?

Smillow
01-09-2011, 09:40 AM
I have a BJ City Micro that would fit the bill except for the huge basket - but you can hang a lot off of the handle. It doesn't have much of a recline (my 22 month old doesn't mind). Popping the wheels off makes the fold even flatter.

poohbear
01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Maclaren Volo or Triumph - push is great even with larger, heavier toddlers

Joovy Kooper - these were $69 on the joovy site a few weeks ago, but can also be found on ebay under $200 - they have an umbrella fold...

roseyloxs
01-09-2011, 03:47 PM
BJCMini if you want a recline. BJCMicro if you don't care to have a recline. The push is great on the mini and I assume the micro isn't much different. Toddlers fit great in Baby Joggers so no worry there. The fold is a slim rectangle and all 3 wheels come off in seconds if needed.

poohbear
01-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I forgot about BJCM, however our BJCM does not fit as well in DH's smaller trunk as the Maclarens do, so I think I'd still probably lean towards something with an umbrella fold... And the macs fit taller toddlers better than the BJCM...