PDA

View Full Version : You've got to be KIDDING me!!! (A WWYD?)

Neelloc
01-09-2011, 12:50 PM
So, after much debate I finally settled on the 2011 BJCM in green. Got a great pricematch deal and the stroller arrived Friday. I was super stoked!!! I actually clapped when I saw the box on my front porch! Was waiting to DH got home to open it up.

I was chatting with a friend of mine that afternoon about it and she asked me to stalk CL to see about some sort of double. I had been stalking CL lately for a BJCM and nothing. However, we live in Gracotown so I wasn't expecting much.

So, much to my shock, I do a search and up pops a BJCM.

Okay..... (how did I miss this.)

In black. (one of my 2 color choices.)

Comes with the tray.

Wait for it.....wait for it.....

She's asking $100 for it.

Okay, so now all the wind is out of my sails. For days, I have been debating the 2010 vs the 2011, the color green vs the color black, playing with them both in person, researching old threads, asking endless questions. I even contemplate sucking it up and waiting for the purple.....and now this. (i lust for the purple, but need this type of stroller now.)

I open my CM box and pull the stroller out, stare at it, but I cannot get myself to upwrap it. Why? Because I could get this black one, and then maybe buy the skins for the purple when it comes out and be ahead $$$$ wise. DH is against this, calling it a "frankenstroller." :rotflmao:

I keep thinking about it. Feeling like this is such a good deal, and I should return my new one and buy the used one. It's only 2 years old. The pictures make it seem like it's in good condition. Why spend $200 on a stroller when I can spend was less for the exact same thing? That keeps playing in my mind. I've bought used strollers before, so that's not the issue.

I emailed her yesterday. Yes, it's still available. And it's a 2009. And the kicker.....she's dropped the price to $75.

So, if you were me, what would you do?

crl
01-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Buy the used one. Return the new one. Sorry.

Catherine

purpelina
01-09-2011, 01:09 PM

Catherine

Agree 100%

But do so quickly, someone else may snTch it up!

WolfpackMom
01-09-2011, 01:13 PM
$75 I would go for it...knowing me I would also find a way to justify keeping both lol

DebbieJ
01-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Do it. buy it and return the new one.

Katsteevenz
01-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Def buy the used one..

salsah
01-09-2011, 01:52 PM

Catherine

:yeahthat: and quickly.

SnuggleBuggles
01-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Doesn't even seem like a question that needs consideration unless the CL one is in bad shape. Return the new and get that one. :)

Beth

blondflava
01-09-2011, 02:21 PM
I'd RUN for the used one. (and try to talk her down to 50 when you get there... just kidding :D). Hope you get it!!

RunnerDuck
01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Unless shipping it back will be crazy (I had to pay $100 to ship a rocking chair back once...) ... go for the used one.

It's dangerous to keep looking once you're already purchased... LOL

amldaley
01-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Buy the used one and send it to me!

ITA with all above. Just double check the return shipping on the new one first and then I would be all over that used one!

Kennie
01-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Buy the used one and send it to me!

ITA with all above. Just double check the return shipping on the new one first and then I would be all over that used one!

I agree with everyone else, let us know how it goes. Hopefully the shipping won't be too bad to return.

WatchingThemGrow
01-09-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm guessing you didn't pricematch and get it from Albee baby, right? They have a restocking fee if you return something. The black one may be worn though. I'd grab it first, then return the other.

roseyloxs
01-09-2011, 03:56 PM
You haven't responded recently so I am hoping you are on your way to buy the used one. That price is awesome!!! I bought a BJCM and didn't love it so I sold it used on CL for $200 in just 2 days.

poohbear
01-09-2011, 06:04 PM
USED one. Make sure they replaced the buckle under the recall. And buy a pe board from www.countrymoosekids.com for $12 (or make your own). If you want the newer basket, you can order one from baby jogger.
yes I'm a bit biased because I have a black one, but...
For $75, you really can't lose... (If it was a few dollars, I would go with the 2011 over the older one, but for $125, you'll never notice the difference!)...
And I hope you already have it in your hands by the time you read this!

Neelloc
01-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks everyone for the responses! I was kind of leaning that way.

I emailed her earlier this afternoon asking when I can swing by for it, and I haven't heard back. I figure I can take the drive (45 + minutes one way) and see if it's truly in good condition. She said she purchased it in 2009, so it's either a 2009 or possible a 2008.

I will keep you ladies posted.