PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered......

jacksmoma
01-09-2011, 05:47 PM
A baby jogger city select! I just HAVE to have it. i love my bob but man oh man am i over a huge wide stroller. got it for $410 shipped with both seats! i really think i will be in love. i know i've been a naysayer about the select but i think it's just what our famiy needs stroller wise right now- my 20 month old walks well so no need for a stroller in/out of the car every outting and when we go to the mall etc i will not feel like i'm pushing a monster! only using stroller these days for longer outtings and 3 year old really still needs a seat with all the tantrums and time outs...i will be sure to update next thurs/friday since it will all be here by then...

Neelloc
01-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Congrats! :yay:

Mrs.Christie
01-09-2011, 08:17 PM
I ordered one as well. Onyx from diapers.com for $319, I had them PM pishposhbaby.com. Since #2 won't be here for a while I decided to wait for the second seat and I plan on ordering a 2011 seat this spring.

Where did you order yours from? Sounds like you got a better deal.

roseyloxs
01-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Should I start taking bets on how long the BJCSD lasts for jacksmomma before she starts :bowdown: to BOB again? JK, hope it solves everything.

Interested to know what a "push" girl thinks of the BJCSD. So is Bee out the door or hiding in the closet?

jacksmoma
01-09-2011, 09:29 PM
bee will be out the door- now that i don't really "have" to have a lightweight for the little one (now 20 months) it just sits there unused most days :( such a great stroller though, will miss it dearly, it's a financial thing.

i pm pish posh as well then pm'ed brooklynbabyworld.com on the second seat @ $100.99 even though they were out of stock! total $420 then i had a $10 diapers.com credit since my last order took extra long to get to me.

will of course miss the AMAZING push on the bob; it's more of a size thing for me right now. it's great when you've got two riders that ride a lot or if you jog often but i don't so that's why the bjcs fits our needs better at this point. can't WAIT to try it at the local malls (ourdoor and indoor) as well as disney. will be so much fun to have a "pretty" double with so many cool features vs. the very sporty basic bob. wondering what configs we'll end up using most with the select. i know its a much heavier push but i think the smallness/narrowness will be a nice change here.

fyi for all those interested i found some GREAT pics of an older tot in the select via strollersandprams.com- hope it's ok if i link these:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=218722&id=721183823&l=87d5d325a3

jacksmoma
01-13-2011, 06:05 PM
update-

just got the second seat (main stroller comes tomorrow!!) and it looks nice and roomy. ALSO it went even lower in price to $281 on amazon.com and i just called diapers.com and they refuned me the $38 difference!! i thought $319 was a deal! so needless to say i'm really hoping this stroller works out since i'm only paying $371 for the whole kit w/ doubles....wish me luck tomorrow!! otherwise i'm back to the duallie!! LOL!

pampers37
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
thumbs up!

roseyloxs
01-13-2011, 06:25 PM
update-

just got the second seat (main stroller comes tomorrow!!) and it looks nice and roomy. ALSO it went even lower in price to $281 on amazon.com and i just called diapers.com and they refuned me the $38 difference!! i thought $319 was a deal! so needless to say i'm really hoping this stroller works out since i'm only paying $371 for the whole kit w/ doubles....wish me luck tomorrow!! otherwise i'm back to the duallie!! LOL!

I'll be the cynic. I give you two weeks before you start lugging your duallie around again. At that price though you can hold on to it for a few months and wait for the prices to go up. You can make a little change back for your next purchase. If you don't mind I would like to selfishly vote your next purchase be the MB duet. Would love to know how your toddlers will fit in it.

AnnieW625
01-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Should I start taking bets on how long the BJCSD lasts for jacksmomma before she starts :bowdown: to BOB again? JK, hope it solves everything.

Interested to know what a "push" girl thinks of the BJCSD. So is Bee out the door or hiding in the closet?

:yeahthat: However Baby Jogger must have something going on right with the Select because it was the most common double stroller I saw at Legoland a few weeks back.

I'll be the cynic. I give you two weeks before you start lugging your duallie around again. At that price though you can hold on to it for a few months and wait for the prices to go up. You can make a little change back for your next purchase. If you don't mind I would like to selfishly vote your next purchase be the MB duet. Would love to know how your toddlers will fit in it.
:yeahthat: too.

Mrs.Christie
01-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the amazon price! Unfortunately the guy I spoke to wouldn't do a PM for the $281.16 as it isn't direct through amazon. However amazon does have it for $290 so he gave that price instead.

Then the 2nd seat was back in stock so I was able to have it PM to $109.99. So with a $10 credit the grand total I paid for my CS w/2nd seat = $389.99. I am so pleased!!!

update-

jacksmoma
01-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the amazon price! Unfortunately the guy I spoke to wouldn't do a PM for the $281.16 as it isn't direct through amazon. However amazon does have it for $290 so he gave that price instead.

Then the 2nd seat was back in stock so I was able to have it PM to $109.99. So with a $10 credit the grand total I paid for my CS w/2nd seat = $389.99. I am so pleased!!!

YAY!!! love getting a GREAT deal on something so pricey!

I am sooo nervous...if i don't like the select it's back to getting a bob duallie in black (my first love!). nervous how the select will be on a 10 min walk to the park. glad i get to at least try out a select; always been very curious about these new doubles! let's see what the hype is about!

and yes, when does that mb duet come out? i'm sure though at that width the seats must be too narrow for my kids. and i'm not too keen on the humungo fold on the mb's in general. we shall see!!

jacksmoma
01-14-2011, 08:26 PM
alright..got it today. at first, did not like it. it's growing on me. it's super neat that it is such a cool single and a cool double. tried it out at target in singles mode- daughter facing me in seat and son sat on the front of the frame/basket (should have brought both seats!). still managed to fit a jumbo size diapers box, wipes, coffee and a few other things in the basket behind him! That basket is huge and great. Folds SUPER easy and super flat. i was not able to get it to fold with the seat facing me (in singles) or with the second seat on...no biggie though. AND the seat is SUPER tall, my 3 year old 41" son fits with a couple inches to spare!!! That's something. It is pretty easy to turn, i was nervous about that too. The seats can even recline expcept for when they are both facing out opposite ways, very cool. Just not sure how it will do on walks to the park; it's no bob! I have to give it a few days of use to really tell; hoping it works out!

poohbear
01-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Okay, somehow I missed this thread up until just now. So are you going down to 1 stroller?

I am intrigued by the city select, especially for the current price as a reversible...

roseyloxs
01-14-2011, 08:48 PM
:cheerleader1: I am glad you like it. I hope it does work out. Doesn't matter too much how it does at the park since you always can just take the BOB.

jacksmoma
01-14-2011, 09:31 PM
i think i've confused everyone- sold the bob and bee! now just have the select as my single and double. if it doesn't work out i'm just going to get a double bob and that's it :) it's a tough call cuz the select is just so cool but the bob is more practical usually. love how the select takes up so little space in my trunk, still have half the trunk left! time will tell!

poohbear
01-14-2011, 10:14 PM
i think i've confused everyone- sold the bob and bee! now just have the select as my single and double. if it doesn't work out i'm just going to get a double bob and that's it :) it's a tough call cuz the select is just so cool but the bob is more practical usually. love how the select takes up so little space in my trunk, still have half the trunk left! time will tell!

Is Mercury in retrograde???? First the BJCM, now the Bob AND the Bee? What is going on?

roseyloxs
01-14-2011, 11:05 PM

OMG! Time to change your signature! I knew the Bee was gone. Had no idea that BOB was getting the boot too.

arivecchi
01-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Let us know how you like the BJCS after a trip to the park. I really like the idea of these in-line strollers, but both of my kids refused to sit in the second seat of the B-Ready and Vista. It was probably for the best though as DS1 is so tall.

RIP Bee and Bob. LOL.

roseyloxs
01-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Did you ever get the bugaboo ride along board? Did it work with your Bee? Did you like it?

jacksmoma
01-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Did you ever get the bugaboo ride along board? Did it work with your Bee? Did you like it?

Yes- did try the board, not for me. Felt like i was kicking it and if my son even slightly shifted his weight to one side of the board, it made the stroller almost impossible to push straight. don't see how anyone like ride on boards, they really bug me!

Yes, RIP bob and bee :( Still not sure if i will be keeping the select or going back to a bob duallie black 12" AW. Select is a fun pretty stroller with a HUGE basket but the bob is so simple and the push is the best. Bonus on the bob is dh can take my littlest running a couple of times a week with him (3 year old doesn't want to go ever!) so that's nice to have that bonus....

I really like the select as a single (surprising as it's big!) and as a double ok. Just longer than i'm used to (though the double bob is long too, just wide also so doesn't seem as long). What to do?????

blackiris
01-15-2011, 02:11 PM
If you put the seat into the most upright position while rear facing, and just fold normally, it folds pretty flat.
I LOVED the huge basket on the Select but it was just too big and too heavy to push for me.

roseyloxs
01-15-2011, 02:33 PM
troller with a HUGE basket but the bob is so simple and the push is the best. Bonus on the bob is dh can take my littlest running a couple of times a week with him (3 year old doesn't want to go ever!) so that's nice to have that bonus....

Maybe you need a single BOB.

Yes- did try the board, not for me. Felt like i was kicking it and if my son even slightly shifted his weight to one side of the board, it made the stroller almost impossible to push straight. don't see how anyone like ride on boards, they really bug me!

I will stick to the valco then. I noticed the bugaboo board didn't seem as high and the wheel was in the middle. Both of those issues probably lead to constant kicking. The only time my board has affected the push was on the indie single inside an airport. Never had a problem outside but I guess the slippery floors gave my indie tires some issues with the HH attached.

jacksmoma
01-15-2011, 03:52 PM
If you put the seat into the most upright position while rear facing, and just fold normally, it folds pretty flat.
I LOVED the huge basket on the Select but it was just too big and too heavy to push for me.

you can fold the select with the seat rear facing AND the other seat facing out? The only way i could get it to fold with a seat attached is with the top seat facing out in highest slot....

jacksmoma
01-15-2011, 03:52 PM
i think i am leaning towards a. keeping select or b. getting single bob and having toddler catch a ride up front when needed. Think i am over super wide strollers!!

blackiris
01-16-2011, 03:05 AM
you can fold the select with the seat rear facing AND the other seat facing out? The only way i could get it to fold with a seat attached is with the top seat facing out in highest slot....

Not sure about with the second seat attached, but as a single, it can fold rear-facing if the seat is in the most upright position. Also, I am pretty sure it can fold with both seats on in some configuration, cause I remember seeing it on of the first vids. Maybe with both seats forward and upright?

jacksmoma
01-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Not sure about with the second seat attached, but as a single, it can fold rear-facing if the seat is in the most upright position. Also, I am pretty sure it can fold with both seats on in some configuration, cause I remember seeing it on of the first vids. Maybe with both seats forward and upright?

ok can you walk me thru the fold?! Whenever i try to fold it with the top seat only facing me the footrest gets in the way of that bar that runs above the basket....does not seem possible!

blackiris
01-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Hmmm, I don't have the stroller anymore, but I know I used to fold it rear-facing. It was always in the highest slots and I think I just put it in the most upright position and folded it normally. It wouldn't fold totally flat but it was flat enough to fit into a car trunk. That is not working? Maybe you have it on the lower slots?

jacksmoma
01-16-2011, 01:44 PM
i have it in the high slots...won't fit in the middle slots when rear facing. must play with it more and see...

scriptkitten
01-16-2011, 03:48 PM
i love the looks of the city select, but i'm such a push girl. i'm interested to hear your review. it looks FABULOUS and has so many great features.

i'm starting to see a LOT of City Selects around here.

i'm still a hardcore P&T advocate tho because of the air tires and maneuverability. I'm not sure the CS, loaded with 2 year old twins, could have handled the conditions that I've had to deal with in Boston this past week. In all honestly, i think pulling a sled would have been the best bet when i took the kids to preschool on Thursday!

jacksmoma
01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
the push is pretty good as a single, not that great (but not horrid!) as a double. that's why i'm returning the second seat- makes it too long for me and my 3 year old can hope a ride on the front. think i will hold onto the select till the new bob comes out then maybe get that...:)

blackiris
01-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Ok, I think I figured it out... I think what I did was recline it all the way (in rear-facing) and then fold it. Let me know if that works.