PDA

View Full Version : Best Wii games for toddlers?

katydid1971
01-09-2011, 06:38 PM
DD always wants to play Wii with us but really cann't do it. I was excited when I saw the Elmo game this fall but the reviews are terrible (one say something about making children cry :(). Has anone had any luck with a Wii game for the under 4 set?
Thanks in advance!!!

SnuggleBuggles
01-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Does she really care if she is truly playing? My ds2 is perfectly content to just hold the remote while we play. He likes to think he is doing something so he enjoys Mario Party and Mario Kart a lot as well as the sports' games like Outdoor Challenge and Wii Resort.

Beth

bubbaray
01-09-2011, 07:37 PM
My not quite 4yo likes Just Dance 2. She has tried some of the Mario Winter Olympics and can't really do those (and was very upset that she kept coming in last). She d/n like the Dora game.

nupe
01-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Not to hijack, my 3 yo would love something sing along type on the wii. Is that what just dance does?

sidmand
01-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Does she really care if she is truly playing? My ds2 is perfectly content to just hold the remote while we play. He likes to think he is doing something so he enjoys Mario Party and Mario Kart a lot as well as the sports' games like Outdoor Challenge and Wii Resort.

Beth
:yeahthat:

She keeps saying "I win" when her brother finishes a race in Mario Kart. That being said she can do a few of the games in the Nickolodeon Fit game...she's better than her brother at some of them!

There's also a Ni Hao Kai Lan game that DD can do some of. She also "plays" baseball on the Wii Sports.

ray7694
01-09-2011, 07:54 PM
We like Garden Party

emschwar
01-09-2011, 08:39 PM
We got Nickelodeon Fit and my 3 year old loves it.

newg
01-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Is there one with animals (where you control the animal?) or is that a different gaming system.

blondflava
01-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Once we got the Donkey Kong game, DD is crazy about the shaking of the controller to make the monkey jump and pound the ground, she runs around saying 'shake shake', but other than that, I think the game is not really for toddlers...

Tondi G
01-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Mario Kart
Diego safari rescue
Carnival Games
Wii Sports Resort

http://www.squidoo.com/best-wii-games-for-preschoolers
http://www.parenting.com/gallery/9-best-nintendo-wii-videogames-for-your-kids

smilequeen
01-10-2011, 12:25 PM
My 3 year old is not incredibly interested in the Wii, but he prefers the things that get him up and moving. Just Dance was a huge hit with him. The Nick Jr. Fit game is a minor hit. DS1 actually plays it more.

Mikey0709
01-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Just wanted to chime in - - thanks to this board i bought Just Dance Kids over the weekend - and we have been playing it CONSTANTLY!! HUGE HIT in our house with the 3 & 5 year old... when before we would just have to give the 3 year old his own remote to pretend he is playing.... NOW he can pick out the songs and dance along.

I can see this being good for ME too.... I don't think I should i be out of breathe dancing to the alphabet song....AND... can someone explain how I'm doing the moves step for step - YET THE 3 YEAR OLD ONLY HAS A FEW POINTS LESS THAN ME and he's just jumping around??? hee hee.... this is going to be good for all of us when we're stuck in the house. GOod selection of songs on there too.... from Wheels on the Bus to Funkytown!

Babymakes3
01-11-2011, 09:19 PM
DS received Cookie's Counting Carnival for Christmas and we've played it a few times, at 2 he needs my help for some of it but it's cute. The age on it is 3+. It's more of a learning game than a just for fun game though.