PDA

View Full Version : I hesitate to post this but... if you hate Kegels, this may be interesting to you.

mamicka
01-10-2011, 12:41 AM
http://mamasweat.blogspot.com/2010/05/pelvic-floor-party-kegels-are-not.html

This is not a problem that I'm really experienced in but if has been tougher to bounce-back after each pregnancy. I hate kegels so I'm going to try the squatting technique instead.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-10-2011, 12:44 AM
I wonder if hovering helps? I hover all the time in public restrooms, or home if the seat is cold in winter....

indigo99
01-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Well I'm screwed. I've been having knee trouble, and my doc told me to avoid all squatting. The exercises that he did tell me to do are the same that my physical therapist told me to do when I went to her for, belive it or not, pelvic floor issues. I'm supposed to put a big ball between my knees and squeeze it. Then, using a band around my knees to pull them together, push them apart.

katydid1971
01-10-2011, 05:07 AM
Loving this, I HATE HATE HATE Kegels!!! I already do the squats (well sometimes). I'm not sure about the squating in the shower thing though ;)

SnuggleBuggles
01-10-2011, 08:40 AM
That explains why I have been able to do jumping jacks without any concerns lately....I do about a gazillion squats at the gym (not in the shower :)) every time I hit the gym. I could do jumping jacks before too but they always made me nervous. Now I am feeling much more confident. Cool that there is a reason why things have been getting better despite not as many kegels as I should be doing.

I do wonder why my PT, who I saw for my pelvic floor, never said this though.

Beth

brittone2
01-10-2011, 10:47 AM
There's also an approach that has some similarities (from Christine Kent):

http://www.wholewoman.com/library/content/FAQs/FAQs2.html

jse107
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM
This info couldn't have been more timely. Went to Open Gym last night with the kids...the trampoline wasn't the best choice of activity....

wendmatt
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM
So does she mean a squat like you would do for exercise or a squat right the way down to the floor, like a hunter/gatherer type squatting down to collect food? I"m one of those that cannot do jumping jacks!

rhettsmom
01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Glad you posted this! It's going to be squats for me every chance I get!

Roni
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info!

kijip
01-11-2011, 01:44 AM
This makes a lot of sense. I have noticed a serious improvement since I started bootcamp last June. And all the glute and squat work has carved out a smaller waist, the curve in the low back she describes etc.